Anyone here use the Salotto app?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a new advertisement on my Facebook for a pool match locator called Salotto. The way it's advertised it makes you think it's for people looking to gamble.

Anyone on this forum uses it? Is it more the same as that other app called Chalkysticks?

CoFron

Hey Ralf, Salotto is a way to find players of a similar ability and match up. What's unique is that it allows for you to track games and matches (wins/losses), host matches, etc. anywhere any time. This app is for pool players by pool players. Salotto has ranking and prizes/cash at the end of each 90 day cycle and is a great way to meet new people. We built in the option to create a cash prize for a match but it's optional and those transactions happen outside the app with the players choice of payment. Our goal when creating Salotto was to help people play more pool, that's it! We are passionate pool players ourselves and want to make sure we bring the right product to market that will help bring pool to the people. Gone are the days of pool on ESPN, but days of lots of pool and a new excitement for the game are on the horizon. Anyway, if you'd like to give it a shot we'd be happy to give you a free upgrade with unlimited access so you can get a good feel for it. Shoot an email over to support@salotto.app and mention this thread. We'd be psyched to catch up!

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone started using this app? I just downloaded it and want to match up in the Sacramento, California area. Anyone want to play?

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been looking for a game for a week now. I can’t find one in the entire USA. Perhaps it’s a glitch or are there only a few people using the app?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been looking for a game for a week now. I can’t find one in the entire USA. Perhaps it’s a glitch or are there only a few people using the app?

It's not really being used, just like what is happening with any of the pool apps. Chalkysticks is same way, not very good filtered info about pool halls and the match-making part is empty of people. It seems to just grab the data from Yelp or something about "pool halls" which includes any dive bar with a table shaped thing in it.

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I use it frequently. I'm in Sacramento, California. In the past 90 days, I've logged 155 matches and a total of 897 games. I love it!