Why did Efren spot a ball here?

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes he did clip the 12 ball... that was NOT the foul... the foul occurred when he broke at the start of the game... he scratched... then went on to pocket 7 balls... (he owed one therefore he spotted one ball... then his score total to that point would been 6 balls... hope that helped... :)

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes he did clip the 12 ball... that was NOT the foul... the foul occurred when he broke at the start of the game... he scratched... then went on to pocket 7 balls... (he owed one therefore he spotted one ball... then his score total to that point would been 6 balls... hope that helped... :)

It didn't help. Score was 2-1 opponent at that time. I don't think he fouled. I think the opponent barked loud enough and Efren didn't want a fight.

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go back & watch the start of game... Efren scratched on break.... therefore he was at -1
then the other guy played a safe... Efren then ran 7 balls... at the end after Efren missed
he spotted his owed ball... as far as the score... they were wrong... after Efren missed his
bank shot... the score should been 6 to 0.... the reason Efren spotted the ball is because
he owed 1... (you always spot the balls you owe at the end of your turn...)

Hopefully now this clears up the confusion... :)

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go back & watch the start of game... Efren scratched on break.... therefore he was at -1
then the other guy played a safe... Efren then ran 7 balls... at the end after Efren missed
he spotted his owed ball... as far as the score... they were wrong... after Efren missed his
bank shot... the score should been 6 to 0.... the reason Efren spotted the ball is because
he owed 1... (you always spot the balls you owe at the end of your turn...)

Hopefully now this clears up the confusion... :)

Efren's opponent broke and the score was 2-1 at the time.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I think the cueball hit the 12 ball (which is what Efren is telling his opponent after the shot when his opponent claimed Efren did not hit a ball), not Efren's cue.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or the 5 while bridging or both.

Turn the sound up. Opponent said "put a ball up. You didn't hit the ball" and then went to accuse Efren of cheating. Efren pointed to the 12 but caved to the guy and spotted a ball rather than get into a fight.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I disagree. I don't think he fouled. He wasn't going to spot a ball but he didn't want a fight with the opponent who was raising a stink.

I agree. Seems like Efren told his opponent that he made a legal hit on the 12, but his opponent instead then tried to accuse Efren of cheating. I've played a bunch of old buzzards like that in my time.

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I apologize alstl... I was at the wrong area... link opened at start... I see what you mean now... I agree with others too... Efren just didn't want it to get out of hand...

It didn't help. Score was 2-1 opponent at that time. I don't think he fouled. I think the opponent barked loud enough and Efren didn't want a fight.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bad call!!

I disagree. I don't think he fouled. He wasn't going to spot a ball but he didn't want a fight with the opponent who was raising a stink.

Your right he did hit the ball and there was no foul.