Calling all Diamond Technicians

Empty403

Registered
What playing surface height are you setting up the 9' Diamond Professional? I recently received my Diamond Professional 9' with Type 2 legs (square legs with polished aluminum feet) and it seems like the lowest possible playing surface height is about 31.5". Currently, the playing surface height is at 32". I would prefer it to be within 30-31". Thanks

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
What playing surface height are you setting up the 9' Diamond Professional? I recently received my Diamond Professional 9' with Type 2 legs (square legs with polished aluminum feet) and it seems like the lowest possible playing surface height is about 31.5". Currently, the playing surface height is at 32". I would prefer it to be within 30-31". Thanks

Between 29" and 32"(31" is WPA) what ever the customer wants. I usually install at about 131. It also depends on your floor.

Did you not tell them what you wanted??

TFT

Last edited:

Empty403

Registered
Between 29" and 32" what ever the customer wants. I usually install at about 131. It also depends on your floor.

Did you not tell them what you wanted??

TFT

I have the polished aluminum pedestal feet. I don’t see how it’s possible to go any lower than 31.5” because the holes in the aluminum feet only has about 0.5” before it hits the threads. Plus, the hole is almost level with the bottom of the wooden legs.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
It is possible, but going to require the table to come mostly apart.

The pedestal legs have to come off and then the feet & studs gotta
come off, then the t-nuts have to come out of the legs. I think adding
something to make the tnut sit higher. this would expost more of the hole
on the stud.

Then you should be able what ever amount you need to to lower
the table to your desired height. DONE.

TFT

I have the polished aluminum pedestal feet.
I don’t see how it’s possible to go any lower than 31.5” because the holes
in the aluminum feet only has about 0.5” before it hits the threads.
Plus, the hole is almost level with the bottom of the wooden legs.

Last edited:

Empty403

Registered
It is possible, but going to require the table to come mostly apart.

The pedestal legs have to come off and then the feet & studs gotta
come off, then the t-nuts have to come out of the legs. I think adding
something to make the tnut sit higher. this would expost more of the hole
on the stud.

Then you should be able what ever amount you need to to lower
the table to your desired height. DONE.

TFT
Damn! Is there a t-but within the footing or are you referring to the T-nut that is screwed into the bottom of the legs with 3 screws?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Damn! Is there a t-but within the footing or are you referring to the T-nut that is screwed into the bottom of the legs with 3 screws?

the t-nut in the leg. i actually rethought that, I think adding
something to make the tnut sit higher. this would expose more of the hole
on the stud., thus allowing you to lower it more, , even though you raised it ??
Yeah, you might just be stuck with it. :(

TFT

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Whats your floor like?? I forgot to ask that!!! I also overlooked that part those are not the pedestal type legs, cant go any lower with the square legs.

Sorry for not getting all the info before I spoke!!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Under WPA equipment specs:

• 2. TABLE BED HEIGHT

Shall be between 29 ¼ inches [74.295 cm] and 31 inches [78.74 cm].

And under CSI specs -- 29½" - 30½"

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those who are handy with the rake and also have back pain issues likely prefer 31” as the minimum. I went to the trouble of raising my 9 footer to 31.5” before the Diamond crew came to recover/level it, just to make sure it didn’t end up lower than 31.

Empty403

Registered
Whats your floor like?? I forgot to ask that!!! I also overlooked that part those are not the pedestal type legs, cant go any lower with the square legs.

Sorry for not getting all the info before I spoke!!

Looking at each pedestal's legs (available threads), the difference between the highest and lowest is roughly 3/16' - not too bad out of level. Looking at the pictures from the manningcues website it seems all the leveling pedestals on the Type 2 legs, are roughly in a similar position.

Empty403

Registered
"Diamond designed them to be 1" higher right from the start." From Glenn!

With the 3 piece slate (thicker than the 1 piece), the lowest possible playing height would be 31.5”. I’m wondering if the leveling feet has an adjustment because there is a collar with a set small set screw. If that collar can be raised to the hole then I’d should be able to lower it an additional 1/4”.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The stud is supposed to seat in the foot and the set screw just locks it from turning. Neat how they designed the foot the way they did. I have used the aftermarket gc levelers on a professional and the t-nuts are a direct fit. they only have the threaded studd, so it would allow you to get where you want to be.
Good luck!

TFT

With the 3 piece slate (thicker than the 1 piece), the lowest possible playing height would be 31.5”. I’m wondering if the leveling feet has an adjustment because there is a collar with a set small set screw. If that collar can be raised to the hole then I’d should be able to lower it an additional 1/4”.

Empty403

Registered