A Huge Thank You

jodamit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First I know this is in the wrong part of the forum but i had to tell everyone about these two guys and the stolen cues post-it segment here on AZ.
About two weeks ago my case and cues were stolen at the BCA Tournment in Las Vegas.

I thought that they were gone or i would find them on the internet for sale and have all that B.S to deal with trying to get them back.

The cues were a Paul Dayton and a Pete Ohman J.B also a J Flowers case.

They were sold to a couple guys in Las Vegas Cue Club the two guys thought that they got to good of deal and checked them out on AZ Forums stolen cues post-it they found my post that the cues were stolen and contacted me.

Well to make a very long story short

I'm getting them back case and cues!!!!

They were Jimmy Wych (Billiards Announcer) and Chris McCleary these two guy are the best, they went above and beyond to do the right thing and DID NOT ask for anything in return i can't thank them enough and this is a small token, I honestly can't thank them enough.

I also want to thank a couple of the people at the Cue Club i'm really sorry i don't know there names they got my break cue and case back thanks again.

In all Thank You All.
Also thanks to AZ Forums Stolen cue forum without them no one would of known about them.

Hopefully next year i can get out there and thank all of you personally

Thank You for letting me rant

Regards,

Joe Thornton

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
279   0   0
Jimmy Wych is a great ambassador for pool in Canada and internationally so I wouldn't have expected anything less.

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
That is great news and a great site (AZ Billiards and it's Forums), and a pat on the back for Jim- Chris and the Cue Club. I had a custom cue stolen from my homeroom 5 years ago and I think how much I miss it and the thieving bastard that took it everytime I walk back in that poolroom.--Leonard

maidenfreak

Maidenfreak2009
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Great to hear. That's how it is supposed to work! Kudos to the folks at the Cue Club I always make it a point to go there on my Vegas trips.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Did the guys from the Cue Club confiscate it from the thieves or did they purchase it? If the former great work guys. If the later I hope you are reimbursing them for the return.;)Congrats on getting your stuff back.

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   1
Did the guys from the Cue Club confiscate it from the thieves or did they purchase it? If the former great work guys. If the later I hope you are reimbursing them for the return.;)Congrats on getting your stuff back.

The items were sold at the Cue Club and those who bought the cues and case thought they were getting a good deal and helping a guy out who was down on his luck and needed rent money.
As soon as there was a hint that these item might be stolen myself and Jimmy kept looking on AZ in the stolen cue section to see if anything popped up. Sure enough a day ot two later these items showed up on here. I called Jimmy to tell him that the cues had shown up in the stolen cue section and as it would have it he had just got done reading about it himself. Jimmy immediately call Paul Dayton because the OP did not leave contact information and through Paul Dayton Jimmy was able to get a hold of the guy who own the cues.
End the end it all worked out, everyone was reimbursed for the money they were out and the cues have been returned. It's a happy ending except the rightful owner was out $450 but happy to retrieve his cues & case.

I feel like Paul Harvey..LOL "And now you know the rest of the story"

Last edited:

kiss shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
goooooooooood news!

It's great to hear you've got your cues back! :D

This is the kind of story I would like to hear way more often!

But even better: I wish that people stop stealing things that don't belong to them! :angry:

Again - goog to hear... :thumbup:

Take care

jodamit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cues

Muph thanks for telling "The rest of the story"
Yes i gave them the money that they put out of their pockets
Everyone who helped me get my cues back im so thankful
and the 450.00 was nothing to what i've could of been out of.
Its good to see there are still honest people out there
THANKS AGAIN!!!

Joe

mouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Very glad you got your cues back. I still have a Southwest out there somewhere that was stolen on my birthday.

singernak

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Silver Member
Rating - 96.4%
54   2   0
Cue Return

When i bought your playing cue, something definitely didn't add up and sure enough " if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is " so i am just glad that we were able to retrieve it all back and regret, we didn't grab it from the thief.

By the way, my name is Chris McCreary not McCleary LOL..

Look up me and Jimmy when you visit Vegas next time. :)

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Honesty

So there is a few good Honest people left in the Pool world!!!!!. Thank you guys for returning the cues, and hopefully others will follow your lead-congrats!

jodamit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sure will

Sorry about the name foul up Chris
Yes I making it a point to get up with you guys next May
I want thank you and Jimmy properly.
Please tell him hello for me also I belive his name is Joe, please pass on my appreciation for his effort also..
THANKS AGAIN
Joe