Gold Crown 6100

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an appointment to look at the above table next week.
Would like some advice on what I should look for, be aware of, and questions to ask.
The table is a 9 footer and has been professionally disassembled. This is from a private party.
TIA
Tim

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Would like some advice on what I should look for, be aware of, and questions to ask.
The table is a 9 footer and has been professionally disassembled. This is from a private party.
TIA
Tim

You might want to pose this question in "Ask the Mechanic" forum also. If you are not knowledgeable about tables perhaps you could have a professional table mechanic accompany you when you go to look at it. That's what I did before deciding to buy my GC1. Saved me a couple of hundred on the asking price.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in my opinion, its mostly price. They almost all need some kinda work. Either rails, cosmetic, etc. They are 50 years old and who knows what kind of life they have lived.

If you can get it at a good price, just assume it will need a bit of work. Then its all about hiring a good mechanic. Do you have pics maybe we can help further?

btw, I am not a mechanic.

Ian

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TIA
Tim

Above tables ? did you forget to post pics ?

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matching Slate, one Head middle and Foot slate.

All Rail screws should be 18 for the rail, and i think another 18 for the side skirts.

six pocket castings two sides four corners.

pocket inserts should say two head, two foot and two side pockets one that read right and left, if it comes with ball return system.

Ball return system if is comes with one.

i know i missed a lot, but RKC will chime in with his Vast Knowledge

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Above as in title.
All pieces are there, thanks for the list.

Attachments

• 00G0G_c01U5sagDWQ_50x50c.jpg
    00G0G_c01U5sagDWQ_50x50c.jpg
    1,002 bytes · Views: 597
  • 00N0N_4DXRxwElB8y_50x50c.jpg
    00N0N_4DXRxwElB8y_50x50c.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 597
  • 00V0V_jyEWOLYwma6_50x50c.jpg
    00V0V_jyEWOLYwma6_50x50c.jpg
    845 bytes · Views: 605
  • 01313_isNeu24gc5h_50x50c.jpg
    01313_isNeu24gc5h_50x50c.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 592

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw all the pics on CL. Although cosmetically it looks a bit beat up, its nothing some wood filer and paint cant fix. Its not always a tell tale sign, but the formica looks in good shape. This can be a sign its not been covered too many times and hasn't been in a pool hall. Most pool hall GC formicas I have seen are beat to death from hammers and recovers. Also the fact it has the plastic aprons. They are so fragile, if it had been recovered lots of times, they probably would have broke or been thrown away.

I would have no problem paying 1k for it. I would expect to redo the paint/cosmetics and also the cushions. If the cushions happen to be good, that's even a better deal.

Again, no mechanic here.
Ian

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pics are to small for me to view, what version ? Gold Crown 1,2,3 ?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the quick education.
If I do get this table, do I need to transport the slates upright or is it safe to lay them down in the bed of my pickup?
They were professionally crated when disassembled.
Tim

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Thanks for the quick education.
If I do get this table, do I need to transport the slates upright or is it safe to lay them down in the bed of my pickup?
They were professionally crated when disassembled.
Tim

You can lay them down for transportation. Be sure you have some support under the bottom slate so it lays flat.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't say it wasn't worth anything , but it's not worth $6100 , and that's how your title reads .

Did you see a dollar sign in front of the number?
It's a model #. If I was paying that kind of money I'd be looking at a diamond.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an update:
I had a death in the family and had to post phone looking at the table until this week.
Thanks for the help