Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Slightly odd request...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Slightly odd request...
Old
  (#1)
SKDelta
Registered
SKDelta is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Slightly odd request... - 04-22-2020, 10:34 AM

Hello All,

First of all, I would like to say that I really do like this community. I have a kinda odd request and I hope that you could help me.

I live in Europe ( Ireland) and I love poll. may it be 8,9 14.1 or straight pool, I just love it. I have invested in decent sticks Predators and Mezz. I am planning for my next vacation ( Dec 2020) Obviously, providing that the Covid19 is kinda gone and that the US reopens its borders, I would like to organise a 2 weeks vacation around pool.

Maybe week of lectures or something Similar and I would love to take part in an official tournament.

I have no idea where to start, which city should I consider. I was hoping that maybe as you guys have bootcamp, you may have poolcamp... Ah also, I am 50 years old :-)

I really look forward to seeing your suggestion.

Eric

Old
  (#2)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
04-22-2020, 10:38 AM

The Derby City Classic would have to be the single must-attend event in the USA. Annually, in January...as I recall.

You wont need a car, unlike many other events.

There will be multiple games being played and in addition to the tournaments, you'll see a lot of cash games.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#3)
336Robin
Multiverse Operative
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-22-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKDelta View Post
Hello All,

First of all, I would like to say that I really do like this community. I have a kinda odd request and I hope that you could help me.

I live in Europe ( Ireland) and I love poll. may it be 8,9 14.1 or straight pool, I just love it. I have invested in decent sticks Predators and Mezz. I am planning for my next vacation ( Dec 2020) Obviously, providing that the Covid19 is kinda gone and that the US reopens its borders, I would like to organise a 2 weeks vacation around pool.

Maybe week of lectures or something Similar and I would love to take part in an official tournament.

I have no idea where to start, which city should I consider. I was hoping that maybe as you guys have bootcamp, you may have poolcamp... Ah also, I am 50 years old :-)

I really look forward to seeing your suggestion.

Eric
December 2020 is too late for the US Open but there is a great room at Q Master Billiards in Virginia Beach.

I was in Ireland in 2016. Love the country I'd love to live there.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever!"

My Blog https://forums.azbilliards.com/blog.... /> 600 views

Karma is something you make.

Old
  (#4)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2020, 10:53 AM

I 2nd Derby city, but Las Vegas might be good too, call around. Derby City is the one though if you can make it as anyone can enter and you can buy back in 1 time if you lose, so it's kind of the epitome of who's best, wins, no excuses.

Old
  (#5)
SKDelta
Registered

04-22-2020, 11:02 AM

Robin thank you for your reply. Do you know of any organisation that would have like intensive Pool courses by any chance? I once lived in Nebraska, and I do have an inactive APA membership, that could be handy to enter any tournament? Also I love the game but I am not a pro at all . I will in a few days post a video of a rank I played 2 months ago in a 9 ball tourney)

So it would appear that the tournament aspect of my vacations is an easy fix. The hardest would be to find a pool camp..

Old
  (#6)
SKDelta
Registered

04-22-2020, 11:03 AM

sorry do not know how to delete

Last edited by SKDelta; 04-22-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Old
  (#7)
SKDelta
Registered

04-22-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
The Derby City Classic would have to be the single must-attend event in the USA. Annually, in January...as I recall.

You wont need a car, unlike many other events.

There will be multiple games being played and in addition to the tournaments, you'll see a lot of cash games.
Thank you ever so much, it seems to last 8 days so that is great! DSo you know of any pool camp? anywhere in the States that is

Old
  (#8)
SKDelta
Registered

04-22-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post
I 2nd Derby city, but Las Vegas might be good too, call around. Derby City is the one though if you can make it as anyone can enter and you can buy back in 1 time if you lose, so it's kind of the epitome of who's best, wins, no excuses.
Thank you, I am under no illusion of winning :-) but I want to once have the experience I am just hoping that it ll be available in December...

Old
  (#9)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Thank you ever so much, it seems to last 8 days so that is great! DSo you know of any pool camp? anywhere in the States that is
Several instructors offer pool camps or three day courses. Whether there will be one at the time of Derby City may be your problem. The ideal situation would be if a course was given at Derby City off-hours. Grady Mathews and Freddy the Beard did some brief courses there.

Depending on your timing, you may want to go to the Mosconi Cup in London at the start of December if you want to see an amazing pool event with great production. You probably won't get to play, though.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#10)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Several instructors offer pool camps or three day courses. Whether there will be one at the time of Derby City may be your problem. The ideal situation would be if a course was given at Derby City off-hours. Grady Mathews and Freddy the Beard did some brief courses there.

...:
but one does not want to seek out lessons from either of those two, at this point!

Old
  (#11)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

04-22-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I dont have any direct input, but I'd agree with Bob that lining up lessons at Derby City would be optimal.

Old
  (#12)
SKDelta
Registered

04-22-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Depending on your timing, you may want to go to the Mosconi Cup in London at the start of December if you want to see an amazing pool event with great production. You probably won't get to play, though.
Well actually I did go to that event 3 times but I wanna play :-)

Last edited by SKDelta; 04-22-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Old
  (#13)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
but one does not want to seek out lessons from either of those two, at this point!
Well, except by video or print.

Old
  (#14)
SKDelta
Registered

04-22-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:

Thank you Bob! Yes that would be ideal, best would be to contact these players prior to me arriving cos if there is none, then I could do that in an other state.I am also planning to visit (if it still exist) the room where the hustler was filmed...

Old
  (#15)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2020, 11:47 AM

Don't want to pour cold water on your plans but the head of CDC just said he expects it to be worse in the fall with covid 19 and flu season combined.

I'll be surprised in international travel is open.

Don't they have cue schools in England? You can walk into almost any pool hall and someone will be glad to charge for lessons but whether or not it benefits your game is an open question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: