Justin Bergman in St. Louis Newspaper

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Link https://www.stltoday.com/sports/oth...rcTJIJdZYPOAv2_aTKnPGHc9EYkAL0SpWZ2D1_NB-FgtM

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nice article and a well-deserved serving of hard-earned publicity for Justin.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Good to know there's a mainstream media outlet portraying pool in a positive manner.

Scrunge19

Registered
Article says he only plays two hours a day and that he has other priorities to focus on? Looks like I’ll take Filler in their upcoming match then.

Chembry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Article says he only plays two hours a day and that he has other priorities to focus on? Looks like I’ll take Filler in their upcoming match then.

At the 2019 International 9-Ball, Justin was interviewed after beating John Schmidt. He said hadn't been playing. He ended up taking 4th beating Albin Ouschan, SVB, Thorsten Hohman, Alex Pagulayan, and little Ko before losing to Jayson Shaw.

I wouldn't exactly count him out. This table they are playing on is extremely tough. After the Morra match, he said it is the toughest table he has played on. In the 8-ball match where Bergman beat Busty, he made a ball on 11 of 24 breaks (46%). Of those 11 breaks where he made a ball, he ran 10 of those. In other words he ran out from his break 42% of the time. Or if you prefer, 10 of his 11 chances (91%). Thank you to AtLarge for the stats.

chandler1968

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good article! Justin is at a different level as i am fortunate to get to spar with him occasionally (and be humbled).