Gilbert 2014 Prop Cue, Excellent Condition

mostly mozart

SFGiants4me
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Andy Gilbert Blue Veneers* *Matching*Joint-Protectors*. Awesome propeller inlays in gabon ebony sharp uniform points with quad veneers (bem/black/blue/black) into BEM maple. 3/8×10 pin with ebony upgraded ringwork outlined in silver in the collar. Gabon ebony buttsleeve with ebony ringwork outlined in silver above the buttcap. (2)13mm shafts with new navigator soft & medium tips set on top of clear pads. Custom matching ebony joint protectors with matching ringwork. Truly a masterpiece that plays just as amazing as it looks. Overall there are 20 dots large and small and 8 propellers. Everything rolls straight together and apart. In compliance of full disclosure there is the slightest of discoloration on the butt bottom. It would buff out easily. Very hard to even get a picture of it for reference. If interested please email me at tah0867@gmail.com or text at 925-209-9455 and I can send pics. Because of size of pics I cannot upload. I was able to get a couple uploaded. The last picture is the small blemish in the material. It's coloration and not any chips. It's smooth, that's all. Don't know if it will buff out or if it needs to be.

Asking $2500

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Terry Hamilton

Attachments

• rs=w-2600,h-1600.jpg
    rs=w-2600,h-1600.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 336
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't understand why someone would put up a cue for sale for $2500 and mention a "slight imperfection" that would buff out easily- why in the world would you not buff out that slight imperfection and THEN put it up for sale? I am not trying to be critical- but it just makes NO sense at all when I read this listing - so if I buy the cue and SOMEDAY, when I try to buff it out and if is doesn't- what happens?

I had an interest in this cue- UNTIL I got to that part of your description. I have purchased six cues in the past three years in the $1,000 to $2,000 range- so I am a legit buyer- I wish you the BEST on this sale; but I just got really turned off by this.

mostly mozart

SFGiants4me
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're right, I don't know for sure if it will buff out. If you look at the butt pic you can see the slightest of discoloration. Maybe it's always been there as it's very and I mean very hard to tell. Most people probably would have not noticed but I did so I disclosed it. If you aren't interested that's fine but you don't need to get on someone's case for trying to do the right thing.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You're right, I don't know for sure if it will buff out. If you look at the butt pic you can see the slightest of discoloration. Maybe it's always been there as it's very and I mean very hard to tell. Most people probably would have not noticed but I did so I disclosed it. If you aren't interested that's fine but you don't need to get on someone's case for trying to do the right thing.

Look, I am not getting on your case- you go from saying that "it will buff out easily" to " I am not sure that it will buff out" - how in the world can I make a decision on a $2500 purchase with those two conflicting statements from the seller. I sincerely wish you good luck on your sale- but I'm OUT at this point.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
This looks like it could have been discussed in a PM to the seller...nice cue btw.

Last edited:

mostly mozart

SFGiants4me
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tony,

You're absolutely correct. Could have advised or recommended instead of blowing up the listing. Will be taking it off the site by tomorrow.

1pocketjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I say buyer beware and you helped them by disclosing the smallest possible flaws, my thoughts are props to the honest seller! The seller also said asking price leaving room to negotiate the price as it refers to the flaw that was brought to the forefront not everyone is so transparent . Leave the cue listed. Just saying.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I say buyer beware and you helped them by disclosing the smallest possible flaws, my thoughts are props to the honest seller! The seller also said asking price leaving room to negotiate the price as it refers to the flaw that was brought to the forefront not everyone is so transparent . Leave the cue listed. Just saying.

Know this...the seller bought a cue from me and i was slightly delayed in shipping and he couldn’t have been nicer about it and he is a QUALITY person....i,m embarrassed I actually can,t remember your first name right now,but i assure you i personally am impressed that you mentioned a flaw of any kind...you don,t have to deal with tire kickers,and
anybody who has dealt with me has my word that mostlymozart is SOLID...don,t sweat people who complain about you mentioning a flaw,thats to be commended,and the good guys on here will certainly view it that way....if i was in the market i would not hesitate.

Last edited:

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
And this was after he had already paid for the cue(a nice Mcdaniel in same price range as this cue) so for the guy with[1] whole purchase or sell ever onazb giving mozart a hard time,man for you to make the first comment (by the way does everyone have a “buffer” lying around to use?lol....me either!) but instead you decide to reply twice and i just can,t stand for someone to get on peoples case when they have done NOTHING but honest and give you ALL information in the vein of FULL DISCLOSURE! Isn,t that what everyone WANTS to know when buying??? I just don,t understand people nowadays i guess..