The Welsh Open 2020

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bomb Scare Alert.....

The Sporting Life's Richard 'Tricky Dicky' Mann is back with his latest predictions and tips etc so let's see what he's saying :

Snooker Shoot Out free betting preview and outright tips from Richard Mann :

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/shoot-out-fire-the-belgium-bullet/177402

Quote .

" If ever a snooker tournament was tailor-made for a certain player then the Shoot Out and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh always promised to be a match made in heaven.

A rich, natural talent whose effortless style allows him to play the game at a pace alien to so many of his peers, Thepchaiya proved himself right at home in the fast lane when bounding to victory in Watford 12 months ago, a brilliant 139 in the semi-finals a new Shoot Out highest break before he beat Michael Holt in a one-sided final.

If Thepchaiya and the Shoot Out are a perfect match, then the man nicknamed The Rocket probably should be too, and the presence of Ronnie O'Sullivan in this year's draw adds even further intrigue to a tournament that might not be one for the purists but generally delivers on the entertainment front.

Prices of 12/1 about O'Sullivan will appeal to many, the biggest draw in the sport having played really well to reach the semi-finals of the Welsh Open last week and boasting an average shot time this season that has been down there with the likes of Thepchaiya and Zhao Zintong.

Ronnie O'Sullivan
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Welsh Open hero Shaun Murphy is another who doesn't waste any time at the table but if ever an event lends itself to a big-priced winner, it's this one and I'm keen to fire a few bullets in the hope of hitting the jackpot.

My shortest-priced runner will be Graeme Dott, the Scot in the midst of a brilliant campaign having reached the final of the World Grand Prix recently and returning to Walford with a terrific record in this event already.

Dott lost a dramatic final to Michael Georgiou by a single point in 2018, adding to his runner-up finish in this event back in 2012, and he made it as far as Sunday again last year.

With his recent form a definite tick in the box and his record in this event as good as anything on offer this week, Dott looks well worth a play at 33/1 for all an opening match with Stuart Bingham represents a particularly tough opener.

Bingham is another who tends to produce in this unusual format but, his Masters success apart, he hasn't been at his best this term and I just prefer Dott to prevail from a match that should see the winner shorten significantly for the title.

Graeme Dott
Graeme Dott
Further down the list, last year's runner-up Michael Holt is of interest but perhaps Luca Brecel might prove a better bet this year following a promising run of form in the last few weeks.

Brecel looked in really good touch until John Higgins edged him out in a final-frame decider in Wales last week and a solid showing at this event 12 months ago, having reached the final in 2016, suggests he has a fair bit going for him at 45/1 (1/2 1,2) or 40/1 for those wanting to take four places each-way.

Ever the showman, I can't resist a small play on veteran Dominic Dale at 125/1 following another solid showing here last year.

Dale won this event in 2014, defeating Bingham in the final, which is not at all surprising given he has just the sort of personality to thrive in front of a raucous London crowd who really do take no prisoners.

A run to the last 16 of the Welsh Open suggests his game remains in good working order and should he navigate his way through his opening match with Mitchell Mann and fare well with the draw thereafter, he could easily enjoy another deep run.

Dominic Dale
Dominic Dale
Finally, my last play is a young man at the opposite end of his career to Dale but one for whom I retain high hopes.

Sam Craigie has yet to make the breakthrough his talents deserve, but he still has time on his side and having enjoyed his second taste of this event when things didn't go his way in the first round against Ben Woollaston last year, he might just be ready to announce himself on the big stage.

In truth, I expected much more from Craigie this season but a run to the quarter-finals of the World Open last term demonstrates just what he is capable of - his fluent style and solid break-building making him a very dangerous operator - and at 125/1 he is a chance worth taking.

Posted at 0635 GMT on 18/02/20

Responsible gambling
We are committed in our support of responsible gambling. Recommended bets are advised to over-18s and we strongly encourage readers to wager only what they can afford to lose.

Sky Bet's responsible gambling tools are detailed and if you are concerned about your gambling, please call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133, or visit begambleaware.org. "

Please note Sky Bet's gambling warnings plus I can't remember the last time The Sporting Life's Richard 'Tricky Dicky' Mann last predicted a winner but who knows maybe this time . :eek::wink::grin-square: