World 10 Ball Championship 22-26July2019/ Winner $30K

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody watching? Filler beats Fiejen 10 to 8.
Pagulayan and little Ko next

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he wins, Tyler Styer would be in heady company in the final four of a world championship with Filler, Ko Pin-yi, and Pagulayan/Ko Ping-chung.

According to AZB's information, Styer's largest tournament payout in his entire career as an individual competitor is $3,300 for the 2017 Upper Midwest Amateur 10-Ball.

As a quarterfinalist, he is already assured his highest individual payout ($5000).

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Niels had his chances, unlike Shaw.

Niels played well, but in the biggest moments, Filler really came with it. I think the big shot of the match was when Feijen missed the nine but hooked Josh. Filler jumped in the nine, made a super-tough ten ball and then broke and ran, seizing control of the match.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What I love about Niels is his ability to beat the best in the world without that distinction himself. There's always been a hotter player be it Alex, Dennis, SVB, Shaw, or now JL Chang and Filler. But through all of these comings and goings of #1s, Neils has calmly earned more than his share of majors and beaten many of these players in many finals across the last 15-20 years. He's definitely one of my favorite players. I love the work and dedication. A true professional. GG Niels.

Congrats to Filler. Who can stop this guy?

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When is the next match? (Please include time zone) I can't find the schedule. Thanks!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
What I love about Niels is his ability to beat the best in the world without that distinction himself. There's always been a hotter player be it Alex, Dennis, SVB, Shaw, or now JL Chang and Filler. But through all of these comings and goings of #1s, Neils has calmly earned more than his share of majors and beaten many of these players in many finals across the last 15-20 years. He's definitely one of my favorite players. I love the work and dedication. A true professional. GG Niels.

Filler plays a lot like Shaw...but without the attitude.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Well said. Niels has seemingly always been one of the best but, arguably, has never been THE best. Outside of Souquet, he's probably the best ever European player. We often talk on the forum about the value of having a repeatable stroke, and I think Niels has one of the most repeatable strokes I've ever seen.

Let's add that Niels is a role model when it comes to sportsmanship. He won the Jay Helfert sponsored "Tony Robles Sportsmanship Award" in 2016.

Our game could use a few more Niels Feijens.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well he's certainly the flavor at the moment but we seen these runs before, Shaw looked unbeatable 10 ball a couple yrs ago , big set long match I'm still taking Chang

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Well he's certainly the flavor at the moment but we seen these runs before, Shaw looked unbeatable 10 ball a couple yrs ago , big set long match I'm still taking Chang

Flavor of the moment? Filler may just be on as great a run as we've ever seen in pool.

December 2017: A 5-0 campaign at the Mosconi, earning him the Mosconi Cup MVP.

June 2018: Won the World Pool Series 10-ball event against a killer field with some of the straightest shooting I have ever seen.

Dec 2018: Won the World 9-ball Championship against a stellar field.

Jan 2019: Ran 285 balls in straight pool to set the high run record at Derby City.

Jan 2019: Beat JL Chang 17-14 in 10-ball in a high stakes action match at Derby City.

Feb 2019: Won the Eurotour event at Leende in the Netherlands

April 2019: Topped the greatest ever field of 256 at the US Open 9-ball

July 2019: Tied for third or better at the WPA World 10-ball Championship

The only players that ever got this hot in recent times are Varner about thirty years ago and Immonen 10 years ago. Neither Shaw or Shane ever had a stretch like this.

Agreed that a long race between Filler and Chang would be super close.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
9-4 Ko. Barring a miracle, both Ko brothers will be in the semifinals.

Little Ko has a bit less firepower than his older brother, but he plays slightly higher percentage pool. Both are a treat to watch.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Little Ko has a bit less firepower than his older brother, but he plays slightly higher percentage pool. Both are a treat to watch.

Little Ko has one of the smoothest strokes I've ever seen.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flavor of the moment? Filler may just be on as great a run as we've ever seen in pool.

December 2017: A 5-0 campaign at the Mosconi, earning him the Mosconi Cup MVP.

June 2018: Won the World Pool Series 10-ball event against a killer field with some of the straightest shooting I have ever seen.

Dec 2018: Won the World 9-ball Championship against a stellar field.

Jan 2019: Ran 285 balls in straight pool to set the high run record at Derby City.

Jan 2019: Beat JL Chang 17-14 in 10-ball in a high stakes action match at Derby City.

Feb 2019: Won the Eurotour event at Leende in the Netherlands

April 2019: Topped the greatest ever field of 256 at the US Open 9-ball

July 2019: Tied for third or better at the WPA World 10-ball Championship

The only players that ever got this hot in recent times are Varner about thirty years ago and Immonen 10 year ago. Neither Shaw or Shane ever had a stretch like this.

Agreed that a long race between Filler and Chang would be super close.
I'm a big fan of his he keeps it up I thinks we are talking best of all time , heck I don't think it's far fetched to take a run at 626 ,