Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page Rack Your Own - 14.1 - What to do here ?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
DynoDan
AzB Silver Member
DynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-18-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
The way that tables are trained/tapped in Europe is they have a racking template but the round holes are slightly closer than a ball diameter. The template is set in place exactly and then one at a time the balls are placed and tapped. Having the holes slightly smaller than the balls ensures that the balls are leaning against each other slightly and therefor tight.
Do you know if they tap all 15? Wouldn’t just tapping the outside balls with enough ‘lean’ (plus the head pair) be adequate to keep the inside pack tight? Also, is that type of ‘tapping template’ readily available to U.S. customers (likely cheaper than new cloth)?

Old
  (#17)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-18-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoDan View Post
Do you know if they tap all 15? Wouldn’t just tapping the outside balls with enough ‘lean’ (plus the head pair) be adequate to keep the inside pack tight? Also, is that type of ‘tapping template’ readily available to U.S. customers (likely cheaper than new cloth)?
I think templates are available to print on Dr. Dave's website. I made a set of them in a PDF that you could print out and punch but it was for nine ball. There were several spacings so you could work with worn balls.

The outside balls may be the only ones that require tapping, but that only saves the three internal balls. In Europe I believe they are also tapping for nine ball so only the nine position could be left untapped.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

I refer
Old
  (#18)
Danny Harriman
AzB Silver Member
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

I refer - 07-19-2019, 02:06 PM

to there being no referee. the bar leagues own pool here in the states. Become a world class player - only to rack yer own rack as if to make it look like yer just practicing. It's a joke that I no longer find comical.

Old
  (#19)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-14-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
https://forums.azbilliards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6440110I think templates are available to print on Dr. Dave's website. I made a set of them in a PDF that you could print out and punch but it was for nine ball. There were several spacings so you could work with worn balls.

The outside balls may be the only ones that require tapping, but that only saves the three internal balls. In Europe I believe they are also tapping for nine ball so only the nine position could be left untapped.
For those interested, the templates are available at the bottom of the page here:

how to get a tight rack

Enjoy,
Dave

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: