Funny pic/gif thread...

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

Translated:
"Engineer Landstads "automatic revolver" from 1900, manufactured at "Hovedarsenalet" (Main Arsenal). Only a few shots were fired during trials, and the revolver must be considered a total failure. The revolver was, however, one of the first Norwegian constructions ever to be tested in anticipation of a future adoption of a semiautomatic sidearm for Norwegian military/police issue (the text isn't clear on which, it says "service firearm"). The revolver is preserved in England (dr. Geoffrey Sturgess collection and photo)

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
daily_gifdump_3316_06.gif

My shoulders hurt, just seeing that.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
3D3192DC-7A36-4F0E-8229-44D535240ECB.jpeg

446D5AD4-4BB0-42A9-BDB1-3194616C527C.jpeg

382C77FC-EFAB-4A6C-A2D8-7474B7ADF870.jpeg

Not sure which one is scarier looking....WWII FIGHTER PLANE...
...OR A MURDEROUS INSECT

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Translated:
"Engineer Landstads "automatic revolver" from 1900, manufactured at "Hovedarsenalet" (Main Arsenal). Only a few shots were fired during trials, and the revolver must be considered a total failure. The revolver was, however, one of the first Norwegian constructions ever to be tested in anticipation of a future adoption of a semiautomatic sidearm for Norwegian military/police issue (the text isn't clear on which, it says "service firearm"). The revolver is preserved in England (dr. Geoffrey Sturgess collection and photo)

Danke schoen, bruder.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul, that's an A6M Zero. Probably a dash-3 by the look of the canopy. Geez, eh.

I don't know the model number, but that particular Zero, flew in New Zealand at Warbirds over Wanaka. It is an American owned craft, and one of only a few in the world that is still air worthy.
Sadly I did not get down to that event to see it in person. It was a long way ahead with aluminum technology far ahead of the USA in 1941. A captured one, led to the Alcoa company in Pittsburgh developing alloy 7075 and others as well.

Here is a video, to hear what they sounded like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuoVlQOO4xc

this is not the one pictured in this thread.

Last edited:

BankT8Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Old tattoos.jpg
    Old tattoos.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,053