CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
No. The player doesn't align until it feels right. It's simple. On a straight in shot you align to a center pocket aim. On a left cut you align slightly away from a center pocket aim, a slight overcut. Instead of looking at where the cb needs to be in order to hit center pocket, you look at where it needs to be in order to provide a slight overcut. No mystery, and not based on how it feels, but how it looks.

Totally incorrect!

Stan Shuffett

This is how you step off on the wrong foot with people, how you rub people the wrong way sometimes. It's a very narcissistic trait to get angry or offended or overly defensive simply because someone disagrees with your opinion. And it is just an opinion.

You act like no player can stand behind the ob and visualize an overcut path to the pocket in order to account for excessive throw. You can say that's "Totally incorrect" if it makes you feel better, but that's reality. Fact is, most players very seldom have to think about or adjust for throw unless they intend on stunning the ball or shooting a thin cut shot softly. In those situations the amount of throw that occurs is much greater than normal and must be dealt with accordingly, which could involve cb spin or simply aiming a "tick" thinner than normal or aligning to shoot the ball slightly left or right of center pocket, depending on whether it's a left or right cut.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It's amazing how all the ghouls, vampires, zombies, bats, and walking dead all come out at night especially on weekends. Amazing!

The night prowlers with no life and nothing better to do banding together for a common cause to destroy, eat flesh, and draw blood.

Life on a pool forum in the USA. Makes violent protesting with destruction of businesses look somewhat sane.

What a country and the times we live in today.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is how you step off on the wrong foot with people, how you rub people the wrong way sometimes. It's a very narcissistic trait to get angry or offended or overly defensive simply because someone disagrees with your opinion. And it is just an opinion.

You act like no player can stand behind the ob and visualize an overcut path to the pocket in order to account for excessive throw. You can say that's "Totally incorrect" if it makes you feel better, but that's reality. Fact is, most players very seldom have to think about or adjust for throw unless they intend on stunning the ball or shooting a thin cut shot softly. In those situations the amount of throw that occurs is much greater than normal and must be dealt with accordingly, which could involve cb spin or simply aiming a "tick" thinner than normal or aligning to shoot the ball slightly left or right of center pocket, depending on whether it's a left or right cut.

“ Totally incorrect” stands. I spoke the truth. Whoever wrote this post is the one that is FIRED UP. I’ve NEVER felt better.

Stan Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Back to your old ways I see. That vow to steer clear didn't last very long. But who didn't know it wouldn't be held to. Get a life Brian. Find a new love to fill your time and energy.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re nitpicking, Dan.

CTE PRO ONE works as described. I am an imperfect human being and don’t always perform visually and/or physically at 100%. Am I not allowed to pocket a ball in an untidy fashion?

This has to be a joke at this point because for you to continue this silly stuff is looney tunes.

I hope that your harassment to me concerning this topic gets reported.

Stan Shuffett

You created that video three years ago and have never addressed why the results of your test prove the opposite of what you set out to show. Finally you at least say something and your explanation is that you didn't aim right? I find that quite hard to believe since in your next video you triple shimmed the pocket and made all the balls except maybe one. Plus, if CTE naturally takes you to center pocket surely it would have done so in this very carefully executed video. I made the comment in the video that it does not look like an accident because you made both shots three times and each time you got the exact same amount of throw. You were actually quite consistent.

You can say all you want about how CTE "works" but when you have no evidence of any kind it is called an opinion. On rare occasions, by luck, you occasionally introduce a video that serves as actual evidence. That evidence is few and far between, but it is all we have to go on to try and test your claims.

Earlier in this thread you asked me to produce evidence that there are holes in CTE. You started this discussion, not me. I have several videos that show problems such as steering, but the throw video was the most straightforward and conclusive one. I understand that this threatens the foundation you have been operating on for 15 years, so you are becoming defensive. That is a good sign because I think it means that you realize that there is truth to what I am saying. Hopefully, you will let that sink in and will come to terms with the truth of CTE, which is that it does not automatically send the ball to center pocket. The player does that. It is amazing anyone actually has to say that.

It is unfortunate that you have to resort to shutting down discussion. You've asked your supporters indirectly to report me so I took the liberty of doing that myself to head off all the crocodile tears. I know how the game works, Stan.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back to your old ways I see. That vow to steer clear didn't last very long. But who didn't know it wouldn't be held to. Get a life Brian. Find a new love to fill your time and energy.
:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2: Good observation about that one, SpiderMan.
The desperate need to have the last word surely may make a sociopath FEEL better but it does not give them more power, more control nor does it mean they "win" the argument! What it does, however, is leaves them wanting more!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Really.. Cause all i've seen the last week is Stan being very patient and nicely answering all questions. Doing so in spite of the constant attacks and derogatory comments about CTE.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You created that video three years ago and have never addressed why the results of your test prove the opposite of what you set out to show. Finally you at least say something and your explanation is that you didn't aim right? I find that quite hard to believe since in your next video you triple shimmed the pocket and made all the balls except maybe one. Plus, if CTE naturally takes you to center pocket surely it would have done so in this very carefully executed video. I made the comment in the video that it does not look like an accident because you made both shots three times and each time you got the exact same amount of throw. You were actually quite consistent.

You can say all you want about how CTE "works" but when you have no evidence of any kind it is called an opinion. On rare occasions, by luck, you occasionally introduce a video that serves as actual evidence. That evidence is few and far between, but it is all we have to go on to try and test your claims.

Earlier in this thread you asked me to produce evidence that there are holes in CTE. You started this discussion, not me. I have several videos that show problems such as steering, but the throw video was the most straightforward and conclusive one. I understand that this threatens the foundation you have been operating on for 15 years, so you are becoming defensive. That is a good sign because I think it means that you realize that there is truth to what I am saying. Hopefully, you will let that sink in and will come to terms with the truth of CTE, which is that it does not automatically send the ball to center pocket. The player does that. It is amazing anyone actually has to say that.

It is unfortunate that you have to resort to shutting down discussion. You've asked your supporters indirectly to report me so I took the liberty of doing that myself to head off all the crocodile tears. I know how the game works, Stan.

Talk about narcissistic and the need for it to be your way or the highway.
Lies Lies Lies and more Lies. You have proven nothing and no one has been asked to report you.In fact no one has to be asked to report you, your posts just beg people to report you. Time for you to stop the constant harassment of Stan and get over it already.
So you self reported yourself lmao. Played the "innocent Dan" card directly to the Mod, that's a good one.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Wish someone who uses cte would name these alignments.

Attachments

• cte 2.PNG
    cte 2.PNG
    50.2 KB · Views: 375
  • cte.jpg
    cte.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 380

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Talk about narcissistic and the need for it to be your way or the highway.
Lies Lies Lies and more Lies. You have proven nothing and no one has been asked to report you.In fact no one has to be asked to report you, your posts just beg people to report you. Time for you to stop the constant harassment of Stan and get over it already.
So you self reported yourself lmao. Played the "innocent Dan" card directly to the Mod, that's a good one.

The only reporting being done is Dan White reporting every single thing he can like throwing slop on the wall to see what sticks.

Yesterday he posted that he reported a thread Low started and to have it moved to NPR. Well it did get deleted out of the aiming forum and then found it's way floating off to the far reaches of the universe because nothing went to NPR.

I don't know how he posts the things he does and gets away with it whether they get reported or not. When they are reported, nothing happens.

Yeah, he got banned a few times but they were such short periods of time like no others that it seemed as if it was for show. The Ban times have never been seen before or after.

He even had the nerve to attack Mike Howerton on NPR by telling him "HE WAS THE PROBLEM", which only got him a one month ban. The thread and post is now gone. How in the hell do you say that to the owner/administrator of the forum and get away with it?

Are you kidding me? Is something more going on behind the scenes which allows him to do and say the things he does and gets away with it?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Wrong, again. I am talking about compensating for throw, a shot where more than a normal amount of CIT will occur. It has nothing to do with CTE Pro1, other than fact it's an aiming system, like Poolology, that accounts for a normal amount of throw. Any shot where the player realizes more than normal throw will occur, the player must know how to account for it or the shot will come off too fat.

There are 3 or 4 ways to deal with it: Use back spin/draw, use outside english to counter the throw or inside english to squirt the cb a little so that it strikes the ob thinner, or align to slightly overcut the ob (instead of aiming to hit center pocket you actually aim right or left of center pocket, sometimes even as much as an inch or two outside the pocket -- it's experience-based).

How is this "totally incorrect"? Lol

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Really.. Cause all i've seen the last week is Stan being very patient and nicely answering all questions. Doing so in spite of the constant attacks and derogatory comments about CTE.

He has been very patient and kind. And I wasn't attacking him. Question and debate is not attacking. But it appears he can't debate because he believes his opinion is supreme.
There is no debating someone that refuses to acknowledge or admit valid points made by others. Could just be a misunderstanding of words, so I'll rephrase the back and forth...

Stan posted that pro players use 3 ways to deal with CIT when required. I posted that normally it's not even something that an experienced player has to think about, except on shots where excessive CIT will occur. This is where experience is used, knowing when and how to compensate for CIT, regardless of aiming method.

CTE perceptions supposedly provide for a slight overcut on every shot, automatically compensating for a normal amount of CIT and providing "center pocket" results, even as the shot angle approaches the limitations of a certain perception. I'm not questioning or arguing that stuff anymore. But I'm certainly going to debate or question the fact that on shots where more than normal CIT will occur, a CTE player will have to adjust something to account for the extra throw.

A CTE player can either tweak the visuals by a tick or so, or tweak the sweep or pivot, or use cb spin or whatever in order to make the shot a touch thinner than the system would otherwise provide. It's no different for us experienced fractional users or contact point or ghostball users tweaking our shot line a tick or so, or using spin, to make the ob go a touch thinner than what our system or method would normally provide. Our normal includes a slight overcut to account for a normal amount of CIT. Experience is what ingrained this into whatever aiming method we're using, meaning we don't think about or compensate for normal throw.

Of course if an inexperienced player is guessing on a shot line, then any adjustment for excessive CIT is not based on a known shot line, and the results are subject to inconsistency based on inconsistent guesswork. For average and below average players it's good to work with a system that provides a known aim line, a shot line, without relying on experience or guesswork, especially if a built in overcut is involved to handle the typical amount of CIT that occurs on most shots. But when it comes to compensating for excessive CIT, squirt, deflection, etc... experience is still a must. The experienced player very rarely guesses at how to aim any open shot, regardless of what aiming method they're using, and they have a more solid database of knowledge available when the shot needs tweaked to account for more than normal amounts of throw.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only reporting being done is Dan White reporting every single thing he can like throwing slop on the wall to see what sticks.

Yesterday he posted that he reported a thread Low started and to have it moved to NPR. Well it did get deleted out of the aiming forum and then found it's way floating off to the far reaches of the universe because nothing went to NPR.

I don't know how he posts the things he does and gets away with it whether they get reported or not. When they are reported, nothing happens.

Yeah, he got banned a few times but they were such short periods of time like no others that it seemed as if it was for show. The Ban times have never been seen before or after.

He even had the nerve to attack Mike Howerton on NPR by telling him "HE WAS THE PROBLEM", which only got him a one month ban. The thread and post is now gone. How in the hell do you say that to the owner/administrator of the forum and get away with it?

Are you kidding me? Is something more going on behind the scenes which allows him to do and say the things he does and gets away with it?

wow.

Paranoid much.

Lou Figueroa

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Stan I purchased two of your DVD's and just couldn't get a grasp on what it's all about. Watched them until my ears bled.

Thanks

I wonder what the percentage of the people who bought the two dvd's have the same experience.
The whole system SHOULD be described in some graphics or diagram.
Then again, they are saying now, THE SUBCONSCIOUS is a factor .
Well, you can't diagram that.

If you don't get it, it must be your subconscious .

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Wish someone who uses cte would name these alignments.
Here's how the cut angles in this diagram...

cte.jpg

...compare to their nearest fractional reference angle:

Capture.JPG

1. Thinner than straight
2. Thicker than 3/4
3. Thinner than 3/4
4. Thicker than 1/2
5. Thinner than 1/2
6. Thinner than 1/2

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It was three months and Mike's actions overall prove that he does not condone racism on AZ.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's how the cut angles in this diagram...

It looks like you are measuring the cut angles from the line through center CB and center OB (as in the pictures) rather than the line through center CB and center ghost ball (the shot line). So the true cut angles from those positions are all a little larger than you show.

(e.g., about 29° for #4, about 40° for #6, ignoring throw)