Predator Z-3 vs Mezz WX900

JOHNC3233

Hi, I am new on here and this is my first post.

I have only been playing american pool for about 18 months having previously played snooker a few years ago, initially I tried a few different pool cues (all with 13mm ips) and I just couldn't take to any of them as their tips just looked so massive while down on the shot plus a couple of them deflected the cue ball so much that I was totally cluless and lost some confidence even though my technique is sound.

After doing a little research I took a chance and purchased a Predator Roadline Sneaky Pete SP8MNW with a Predator Z-3 shaft last year and almost straight away I really took to the cue with its 11.85mm tip and its super low deflection made all different types of shots much easier to play, my pool game has improved rapidly since then and I still really like my Predator cue but the Z-3 shaft can feel a little whippy at times and now I am considering experimenting with one or two different shafts and one that I am especially interested in is the Mezz WX900 which has a 12mm tip.

So I would like to hear the thoughts of anyone who has played with the Mezz WX900 or preferrably both these shafts on how they compare, I believe that the Mezz WX900 is available with a Uni-Loc joint so would this be a perfecty tight fit with my Predator SP8MNW butt?

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried a wx900 a few times and I gotta say the hit is very solid! You wouldn't be disappointed I believe.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a wx900... an ex-pro ...a wx700 and an alpha hybrid. The wx900 is a great shaft. It took me some time to get used too (I'm coming from high deflection shafting around 12.75 with ivory ferrules.) The hit on the wx900 is good. It generates spin effortlessly. It is not very forgiving tho(your stroke has to be on point)

I would say it's a better shaft than the Z3. But that's just personal preference.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes you can get the correct joint for your cue. I ordered all of mine throu mezz usa. Idk where your located but I recommend you use official mezz website to purchase your gear.