Diamond Pockets

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not think this is a standard offering. They might do it custom for certain clients, but, I would not count on it. Just order a Professional and call it a day...

TFT

That's probably the best option. Its my understanding they play the same.

Do you agree with that TFT?

r/DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got an email from Diamond. The Pro-Am does NOT come with drop pockets. That settles that.

I am now going to ask if there are any options with regards to pockets on the Professional. Will let you know.

r/DCP

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just got an email from Diamond. The Pro-Am does NOT come with drop pockets. That settles that.

I am now going to ask if there are any options with regards to pockets on the Professional. Will let you know.

r/DCP

why are you wasting their time? I already told you what those options are. How many times over the years have you wasted their time?? I was on your side a lil about this, but, that is changing.... Your option a. slim chance you will get a leather set, b. 99.99999% sure they will say nylon buckets...

TFT

p.s. I am serious about not wasting my reps time at Diamond!!!! I know he is the one who gets general info emails!

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why are you wasting their time? I already told you what those options are. How many times over the years have you wasted their time?? I was on your side a lil about this, but, that is changing.... Your option a. slim chance you will get a leather set, b. 99.99999% sure they will say nylon buckets...

TFT

p.s. I am serious about not wasting my reps time at Diamond!!!! I know he is the one who gets general info emails!

I dont recall ever wasting their time. As Ronald Reagan used to say.....Trust But Verify.

I was trying to verify WITH DIAMOND that the Nylon was the only option for pockets on the Professional. Some might say its like getting a 2nd opinion. I now have the definitive word from Diamond so its time to move on.

I am going to see what i think about my GCIV when i get new cloth installed on it during the next 7-10 days. Then i might decide to pull the trigger on a new Diamond Professional. Today has been another one of those bad breaking days.

r/DCP

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont recall ever wasting their time. As Ronald Reagan used to say.....Trust But Verify.

I was trying to verify WITH DIAMOND that the Nylon was the only option for pockets on the Professional. Some might say its like getting a 2nd opinion. I now have the definitive word from Diamond so its time to move on.

I am going to see what i think about my GCIV when i get new cloth installed on it during the next 7-10 days. Then i might decide to pull the trigger on a new Diamond Professional. Today has been another one of those bad breaking days.

r/DCP

When you recover the table you may want to take a close look at the cushions. Make sure they are super speed cushions and that they are in good shape. I am curious about how the table plays otherwise. What size are the pockets? How many long cushions are you getting when hitting straight down table. That will help you determine if the cushions need to be replaced. Also verify that the foot spot is positioned correctly. That could be a large part of it. I use a laser to line that up perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you recover the table you may want to take a close look at the cushions. Make sure they are super speed cushions and that they are in good shape. I am curious about how the table plays otherwise. What size are the pockets? How many long cushions are you getting when hitting straight down table. That will help you determine if the cushions need to be replaced. Also verify that the foot spot is positioned correctly. That could be a large part of it. I use a laser to line that up perfectly.

New SuperSpeed cushions were installed two years ago. Corner pockets are 4.5 and side pockets are 4.75. The sides are going to be enlarged to 5.0 when my mechanic(s) come down.

The cushions arent the problem. Its been a bad breaking table from Day One back in January of 2003. Granted once in a great while it will break fine but most of the time its very stingy.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I'll grab a random group of APA players and bring them down and show you that it is YOU and not the "bad breaking table."

I liked how Trent was like, give the guy a break, and then realizes there is no break to be given, it's more of the same.

Trust but verify?

New SuperSpeed cushions were installed two years ago. Corner pockets are 4.5 and side pockets are 4.75. The sides are going to be enlarged to 5.0 when my mechanic(s) come down.

The cushions arent the problem. Its been a bad breaking table from Day One back in January of 2003. Granted once in a great while it will break fine but most of the time its very stingy.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
The guy who set up his table is really good, unless he (DCP) has done something to the table, it is a perfect table.

Both of my tables are set up by the same guy and I have no problems making balls on the break, Of course I don't change something every 48 hours either.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I have realized a couple of things:

1. I now understand why people pick on you.
2. FACT: it is not the table, it is surely your break, it is weak.
3. I am sure you have wasted Diamonds time and mine now more than once.

TFT

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a brainstorm: have you ever put 760 on your table? If not, maybe try it this time. One room I play in has it on all their GC4’s. The room is near a swamp. It really plays good. One year the owner put 860 on it, and everyone complained it was too slow. This is a players room, everyone’s gambling at nine ball or one pocket. The other rooms in the area that aren’t near that swamp, have 860, and I think the speed is equivalent due to the swamp.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Then check the other 2 items I mentioned. If you are getting 5 lengths when hitting straight down table then cushions are fine and the foot spot must be off. Otherwise it’s your break. Also consider table height. Table height will effect leverage.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I visited the Diamond factory just north of Louisville about two years ago. And now that I think about it I seem to recall being told that Diamond can make the Pro-Am with drop pockets but they would only hold maybe 3-4 balls.

Whats the deal here? Does anybody know? Can you indeed buy a Pro-Am with drop pockets or is it ALWAYS with the ball return? I sent Diamond an email asking about this but I havent heard anything back.

r/DCP

My friends table holds 9/10 balls. The reason I know this is I spot him 9/7