Charmaine mendoza ebsupp took my money on this forum

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Prior to the "sale", did you ever publish or demonstrate on AZB or FB or EB or anywhere that you really wanted a tulipwood Barnhart? Scammers "mine" these sites for vunerability. A mark who is known to really want a particular item is over 1/2way to being scammed.

Con men appeal to something in us -- wanting something cheap, having wanted something too long: any desire impairing common sense. Three common ploys are often signs a con may be afoot and a deal should be regarded with caution: cheap or “too good to be true” price, necessity for a quick deal, and a scarce product.

Reserve trust for those who earn it. See above rules.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be better if sellers could not delete or edit the original post. Maybe add to it would be OK.
I agree. The seller doesn't even need to be able to add to the original post; instead, they can use a subsequent post to add any info as needed.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should have put the extra toward PayPal's protections that come with goods and services transactions, as you surely have learned.

3% to not get scrod is worth every penny.

Can you imagine the glee a scammer must feel when you send extra money?

Hopefully this works out right in the long run.

I wasnt trying to cheat Paypal out of the fee, I even paid more for the cue than the advertised price!

The seller said it had to be Friends and Family payment

ebsupp is the member I bought from

the thread I cannot find

it was for a wrapless tulipwood Barnhart cue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do remember seeing and reading this post for sale and thought that was an excellent
price for the cue. Then I saw location, hmmmmm and moved on. Yes, sometimes we see
something that we want so bad, we get a little blinded and put a lot of trust in people, which
is fine, but, here in the United States, so much easier to deal with.
I had one situation in my own state, I knew the person, sent the cue, no money down, did
not return my calls, looked up the league he played in, went to the President of the league,
his actions got my cue back within 3 days.
So much easier to deal with situations within our country and yes, within our own state.
It's sad, but, the few who are out to take advantage of people here in AZ are out weighed by
so many good people, that if the seller is at least in the U.S., you have a fighting chance.
I have dealt with a good handful of good, honest people outside the U.S., but, for their protection
as well as mine, there is a protocol that both parties should be willing to accept.
Paypal fees accepted by the seller that protects both parties.
Shipping includes insurance, tracking, signature on delivery.
If both parties are willing to do this, 98 % of the time, all goes well without a hitch.
The other 2% could be a lost cue, damaged in shipping or a block of wood sent by
the seller instead of a pool cue.
There is a number of good sellers from other countries who insist that the protocol
is followed to show their integrity.
I applaud their efforts, but, in no way, shape, or form are they going to ask for payment
as family and friends as they want to pay the fee that shows they are going to send
you a product as they described and want the customer to have paypal protection to show
their honor that they are sending a good product.
Just mentioning some words based on past experience from some great transactions I have
had from some wonderful overseas AZer's.

CavinTan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry to hijack this thread, but has anyone dealt with Levarr? i just bought a barnhart from him and after reading this thread it's abit suspicious..

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry to hijack this thread, but has anyone dealt with Levarr? i just bought a barnhart from him and after reading this thread it's abit suspicious..
Is that the Barnhart that dropped from $999 to $499? Good luck.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All Ebony Barnhart? I remember thinking $999 was higher than you can buy it from a dealer.