Pechauer Rogue

swwyocoyote

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Pechauer Rogue review wanted

Anyone got their hands on a rogue shaft and have a review to share? Been playing with the P+ pro and curious if the switch would be worth the money.

Ty

Last edited:

swwyocoyote

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
bit the bullet

With the lack of reviews out there on the Rogue, I went "old school" and made some phone calls. This paid off really well in the end and FWIW there is some shops out there with top notch employees.

I ended up going with the 12.4 Rogue. The fit to my JP07 is pretty good overall. The shaft is maybe a .002" or so smaller. I can barely feel the difference if i try. The finish on the shaft is perfect, it has just enough sheen to look sharp but it does not glare under any of the lights i have played under. The small ferrule is nice for the familiarity when aiming.

I ran through some shot drills then played a dozen racks on 3 different nights. The feel and feedback of the hit is very comparable to the P+ pro. I did notice a slight aim change on longer shots and side spin shots.IMHO I think it plays better than the P+. I decided to change the tip to an Ultraskin M, as this is what i play the most with and I never cared for the Pechauer tips. The tip change seemed to soften the feel slightly. I ran it through the same paces a couple more nights and think the tip change was a good move for me, ymmv.

Overall i think the shaft is well worth the cost, it is not a major jump from the P+ but it is a noticeable change for the better. Comparing to the Revo 12.4, I prefer the feel of the Rogue 12.4 by a fair margin, it is not an exact comparison as the Revo was tested on a different brand cue with a different joint pin style. I will try to do some side by side testing in the future.
I have let some other players try this shaft and they have all had positive feedback. If you have any questions, ask and i will try my best to answer them. If by chance you are in my area or our paths cross, i am more than happy to let you test drive this shaft.

swwyocoyote

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
With the lack of reviews out there on the Rogue, I went "old school" and made some phone calls. This paid off really well in the end and FWIW there is some shops out there with top notch employees.

I ended up going with the 12.4 Rogue. The fit to my JP07 is pretty good overall. The shaft is maybe a .002" or so smaller. I can barely feel the difference if i try. The finish on the shaft is perfect, it has just enough sheen to look sharp but it does not glare under any of the lights i have played under. The small ferrule is nice for the familiarity when aiming.

I ran through some shot drills then played a dozen racks on 3 different nights. The feel and feedback of the hit is very comparable to the P+ pro. I did notice a slight aim change on longer shots and side spin shots.IMHO I think it plays better than the P+. I decided to change the tip to an Ultraskin M, as this is what i play the most with and I never cared for the Pechauer tips. The tip change seemed to soften the feel slightly. I ran it through the same paces a couple more nights and think the tip change was a good move for me, ymmv.

Overall i think the shaft is well worth the cost, it is not a major jump from the P+ but it is a noticeable change for the better. Comparing to the Revo 12.4, I prefer the feel of the Rogue 12.4 by a fair margin, it is not an exact comparison as the Revo was tested on a different brand cue with a different joint pin style. I will try to do some side by side testing in the future.
I have let some other players try this shaft and they have all had positive feedback. If you have any questions, ask and i will try my best to answer them. If by chance you are in my area or our paths cross, i am more than happy to let you test drive this shaft.

swwyocoyote

Nice post :thumbup:

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought I'd add my experience as I got a Rogue (12.4 radial) last Thursday.

Note, this is only the 2nd cf shaft I've hit with (I own a Revo).

I like it, but it does have more deflection than my Revo.

Just setting up a shot that uses english on my home table easily showed this. I've done this shot hundreds of times with my Revo. When I switch to the rogue, I clearly miss the shot due to deflection.

Like a lot of the cf shafts that came after the revo, if you just went by feel and its long pro taper, you would easily pick the Rogue over the Revo. But, with the deflection factor, I am staying with my Revo.

So putting the Rogue up for sale.

Last edited:

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought I'd add my experience as I got a Rogue (12.4 radial) last Thursday.

Note, this is only the 2nd cf shaft I've hit with (I own a Revo).

I like it, but it does have more deflection than my Revo.

Just setting up a shot that uses english on my home table easily showed this. I've done this shot hundreds of times with my Revo. When I switch to the rogue, I clearly miss the shot due to deflection.

Like a lot of the cf shafts that came after the revo, if you just went by feel and its long pro taper, you would easily pick the Rogue over the Revo. But, with the deflection factor, I am staying with my Revo.

So putting the Rogue up for sale.

With performance, fit and finish unmatched - I have stayed loyal to Predator. No other company to date is at Predator’s level. Even Mezz (at the minimum) could not equal the Revo’s performance with their Ignite shaft. Fact is, some people have switched backed to their WX700 or EX PRO because there was no gain in performance.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I have the 11.8mm myself for about 3 months now but haven't been able to try it out yet due to my back issues. I do have a feeling I'll be switching tips on it myself soon after I get to actually play with it.

I've really enjoyed the Predator victory soft that's been on my Revo the past 3 years.

Scothron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried many of the cf shafts, and I always have gone back to my Jacoby black. That was until I tried the rogue I got in this week. I really like it, personally feel it’s every bit as good as any other cf shaft if not better. Not to say it has less deflection than revo or whatever, just that it seems to have a great balance between low deflection without sacrificing feel and hit. My only problem is I got a 30” shaft and I use 29”. So I will be selling it ASAP and buying a 29”. I would say anyone should feel confident buying the rogue. I’ve already had a couple people I shoot with get with me about ordering one for themselves.

h.anderson3914

I have a rogue. 30 inch, 12.8mm. It shoots really well. Doesn't have the ping sound from Revo. It has a small ferrule which helps with sighting and tip changes. I had a custom build with 3/8x10 pin.

So far my only issue is one of perhaps personal preference... I'm not a fan of the tip it came with (pechauer gold m). I'm switching back to a Tiger.

Considering my desired specs, I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
How is the taper compare to the cynergy? Is it less aggressive? I love my Cynergy but may feel like I may have more control with my bridge with something not as aggressive. Also does it deflection more or less than the cynergy or around the same would be fine? And yes I have owned both Revo's loved them but just like the cynergy better feel wise.

h.anderson3914

I haven't shot with a Cynergy, but from what I can see it has a straight taper. The rogue has a slow rise taper. Just from a picture of the Cynergy, the rogue has a "less aggressive" taper...but I'm no expert. From the listings for Rogue:

12.4 has a 16 inch slow-rise taper
12.8 has a 12 inch slow-rise taper

I'm a huge fan of my 12.8! Don't know how helpful that is...

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I haven't shot with a Cynergy, but from what I can see it has a straight taper. The rogue has a slow rise taper. Just from a picture of the Cynergy, the rogue has a "less aggressive" taper...but I'm no expert. From the listings for Rogue:

12.4 has a 16 inch slow-rise taper
12.8 has a 12 inch slow-rise taper

I'm a huge fan of my 12.8! Don't know how helpful that is...

Thank you for your feedback! Just trying to get some more into before making the jump.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I have the 11.8mm myself for about 3 months now but haven't been able to try it out yet due to my back issues. I do have a feeling I'll be switching tips on it myself soon after I get to actually play with it.

I've really enjoyed the Predator victory soft that's been on my Revo the past 3 years.

Any more comments on the 11.8? Thanks.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My son and I have the 11.8 and 12.4, sound on hit is very different but may be due to tip.

We use the 12.4 now but want to give the 11.8 a go on the 3 cushion table once we get a chance to get out n about.

The 11.8 shaft is conical instead of the pro taper like on the 12.4 if that makes any difference to folks.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you are hoping for a pro taper, small tip, your choice is the 12.0 Becue. I have one and a Jacoby Black. Even though the Black has a slightly larger tip, 12.3mm, the long taper makes it play like a much thinner shaft. Through your bridge, the Becue feels quite a bit thicker.