Accessories I expect included buying a cue

Ravencroft

I bought a Longoni Armonia for my old man last year. It's a carom cue, basically the same as a pool cue and shaft.
Included were 2 LD S2 shafts, joint protectors for everything, the little tip protectors to keep chalk messing up your case.
Then I bought a Pechauer P23-F and nothing was included.
I feel buying a 800€+ cue, you might expect a company to trow in some goodies. Am I wrong? What would you expect to be included?

Attachments

• longoni-armonia-caudron-001.jpg
    longoni-armonia-caudron-001.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 694

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't expect anything extra. Joint protectors, particularly if the pin is non standard, might be included but still a bonus.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Most people have no idea what it takes to make joint protectors.

I expect what I paid for.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Longoni Armonia for my old man last year. It's a carom cue, basically the same as a pool cue and shaft.
Included were 2 LD S2 shafts, joint protectors for everything, the little tip protectors to keep chalk messing up your case.
Then I bought a Pechauer P23-F and nothing was included.
I feel buying a 800€+ cue, you might expect a company to trow in some goodies. Am I wrong? What would you expect to be included?
Extras are just that, extras. You shouldn't expect anything more than the cue. Nice you got that stuff but i'd never assume i'm gonna get free stuff.

Lemme get my predator cue and shaft with my Predator joint protectors on it out of my Predator case where I also keep my Predator chalk and Predator glove and Predator towel, take a sip out of my Predator water bottle to wet the ol' whistle, fix the collar on my Predator polo shirt, adjust my Predator baseball cap, and look you sternly in the eye and explain to you exactly what brand of pool cue and pool cue accessories I like, even if you don't play pool.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
You feel because you spent a certain amount your entitled to what ? It calledbe a big boy, and asking before you put you money down. Before you pay you are in control. Ask some like . So if I buy this Cue for "X" amount, what you could to do to make me you customer. If the person say noting, it your choice. It's called negoacating.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To the OP

...expect nothing that isn't negotiated. :cool:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
:frown:
Probably the smartest thing anyone will ever tell you

Believe the gentleman who ask the question is from the UK, these folk are polite & mannered. Worked with a few Old Fleet Streeters (journalists), who came to USA to work.

Most were instantly turned to what I call the New York Mode, people who had BALL of Brass. Kill or be Killed mentality.

Honestly if you don't ask, no one will give.:smile:

Santin23

Registered
I perfectly understand you, because I have three longoni cues (2 custom pro and 1 One-Star). Particularly I love these cues, because I’ve been playing 3C for a long time and their stiffness and hit make me feel very comfortable. Casually, this year I shifted to play pool because I moved to Vancouver and I haven’t found 3C tables where to play, so I bought a Viking cue, same as you I was expecting at least a sleeve for protection but it came in a plastic bag lol, then I had to but the protectors separately. By the way, those “extras” are included by Longoni just with the “custom pro” and high-end cues. Even though it’s true that they come with two shafts, you have to pay an extra for shifting to a S2/S3/S20. Anyway, those extras are a good gesture and a competitive advantage of longoni.

Ravencroft

:frown:
Probably the smartest thing anyone will ever tell you
Actually "Never eat yellow snow" is the best advice I've ever gotten. Got myself 2 more Pechauers Haliotis and an SP540 and ordered myself extra protectors. Very happy with the quality, especially with the Rogue shaft. I still play like sh*t, but it's nice to have quality gear.