4 small runs

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
having watched your 27 run Dennis I have an observation. I'm by no means a distinguished player myself but hope that helps you top the heights you set for yourself. First, I noticed you should keep working on what Blackjack pointed out in your evaluation video: try to keep your head still on every shot. Last, watch this clip. I think once you eliminate such moves form your stroke you gonna improve rapidly. Your stance is rock solid until you are about to hit the cue ball. I see you go away with it more often than not, but if it is gone I'm sure you won't regret. I noticed you tend to utilize this move on draw shots - I suggest you take draw drills from PAT system and practice it until you show good result on Level 4. Some time ago it helped me a lot to get proper feel for a draw shot. It would keeps your elbow also, because without smooth stroke the drill won't be done.
Nice play overall, you played very good on that side pocket break shot. If you manage to produce runs like that with your current fundamentals I think you can double if you improve them. Waiting for more runs to watch!

Thanks, Mike. Nice isolation of one of my problems. I am TRYING to prune these mannerisms from my stroke and it is getting better but it is a constant struggle. I WILL get there, though.

I've got all the PAT stuff and will look into the draw drills again.

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not on facebook so I can't see your runs.

Hi Johnny

I'm not on facebook either. I opened an account and looked at it for awhile and decided that I couldn't handle being friends with the entire world and canceled it.

Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Dennis;

How did the tournament at Red Shoes go yesterday? 88 miles is a little further from home than I feel I can go for certain personal reasons and I had a match of my own in our 14.1 round robin at Boomers. I played a young fellow rated c+, same as me. I won the match 85/82 but I think in another few months I wont stand a chance against him. It was a good match though.

Dave Nelson

Hank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4 big runs

Dennis, thanks for sharing your video with us.You did great!Looks like a wonderfull pool club,nice gold crown,soft music in the back round{FRANK SINATRA}good lighting.Not to many players in my league are shooting runs of 20 or more with any consistently.Playing 15 hours a week you are not to far away from the BIG 100.Keep us up dated.>>THANK's<<HANK

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Hi Dennis;

How did the tournament at Red Shoes go yesterday? 88 miles is a little further from home than I feel I can go for certain personal reasons and I had a match of my own in our 14.1 round robin at Boomers. I played a young fellow rated c+, same as me. I won the match 85/82 but I think in another few months I wont stand a chance against him. It was a good match though.

Dave Nelson

Dave: we had a nice turnout of 22 players. don't know yet who won because when Rich 93 beat me by 6, I went home to lick my wounds. Update later.

Bigger Open tournament on March 20.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
private?

I was able to upload the 20, ( http://vimeo.com/10010906), the 26 http://vimeo.com/10010879) and the 31(http://vimeo.com/10010879) on vimeo.
I tried to open the links but only got a page saying the video is private and I have to log in to vimeo to view it. Of course I'm not registered there. Dennis you must have played with video setting on upload and marked the videos private? 14-1StraightMan placed his 70 run on vimeo also and it can be easily accessed. (EDIT: same no problem with your recent 34, only these three)
Would love to see your videos. Could you change something about that?

Last edited:

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vahmurka

I just went through the same thing, so I opened a Vimeo account. It's easy, took about 45 seconds. Now I'm going to try to watch Dennis,s videos again. I'll let you know what I got in a few minutes.

Dave Nelson

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the 27 at Veoh. I'm trying to convert the others.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports/watch/v19861787jrhKAxSD

on the last ball you played the 8, i think it would have been better to play the 5 in the corner, stop there, play the 11 in the side and bump the 2 out as a break shot, that gives you automatic position for the 9 to break loose the other 2 balls. i think that way you would have had more control as when shooting the 8 you would have had to hit it much harder and i don´t think that would have left you a break shot near the rack.

you really have to work on tha shaking in your arm when you shoot. a friend of mine did the same, if you can eliminate that that will definetly improve your game and runs. so far good run...

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, as usual, it isn't as easy as it looks. I was notified that my account was opened but when I tried to view Dennis,s videos I got a message telling me to check my email to complete my registration, so I did that and followed the link in the email. One thing led to another but when I got there, there wasn't any there there. Still no videos.

Dave

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
I too can not

I have the same problem and I have an account. Two of the links state:
"Private" and the other staes: Unable to Load at this time. ??

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had an account, though I couldn't get anything to play. Now I don't have an account. I don't know where it went and I can't get signed in again.

Dave Nelson

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
no longer private

I tried to open the links but only got a page saying the video is private and I have to log in to vimeo to view it. Of course I'm not registered there. Dennis you must have played with video setting on upload and marked the videos private? 14-1StraightMan placed his 70 run on vimeo also and it can be easily accessed. (EDIT: same no problem with your recent 34, only these three)
Would love to see your videos. Could you change something about that?

You were right, Mike. Somehow "private" was checked. They should be ok now. Sorry, I did not see this in the thread until last night.:eek:

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jumpin Jehosaphat, I finally got it.

Way down in the extreme lower right hand corner there is a note that says "Switch to HTML5 player". I clicked on that and now it works. Hows it with you Straightman? Do you have it working?

Dave Nelson

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Here's another from last night

28:
http://vimeo.com/10203275

Started out with a slop. Second rack in the game and I was not really warmed up too good. Missed two or three easy shots in the first rack.

Thought I had a break shot but the way he racked them, I didn't. Still could have continued but I did not take enough time on the last shot I think.:(

41 from Saturday:

http://vimeo.com/10146152

Last edited: