Depth For Leather Wrap Channel

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems the topic of the day is leather wraps, which brought me to this question.

I have an old cue that has a dirty linen wrap.

I could have it cleaned and pressed, but there is nobody here in Hawaii, that I know of, who does that.

I was thinking if I went through the hassle of shipping it to someone in the mainland, I may have the wrap replaced with leather rather than having it cleaned.

Is there somebody who installs "thin" leather wraps, so that the wrap channel wouldn't have to be made more deep?

I was thinking of a smooth leather wrap like Balabushka used to put on some of his old cues.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

I could have it cleaned and pressed, but there is nobody here in Hawaii, that I know of, who does that.

I was thinking if I went through the hassle of shipping it to someone in the mainland, I may have the wrap replaced with leather rather than having it cleaned.

Is there somebody who installs "thin" leather wraps, so that the wrap channel wouldn't have to be made more deep?

I was thinking of a smooth leather wrap like Balabushka used to put on some of his old cues.
Plenty of .022" leather wrap out there.

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tiger Stack Leather would be an option.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiger Stack Leather would be an option.

Those are nice, but I don't think it would be right for the cue.

It is an old Titlist conversion that looks like an old Balabuska cue. I don't think that sort of leather wrap would look appropriate for the old-school classic look.

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are nice, but I don't think it would be right for the cue.

It is an old Titlist conversion that looks like an old Balabuska cue. I don't think that sort of leather wrap would look appropriate for the old-school classic look.

You have a good point, it would not look like classic old school.