3m77 and Mercury Ultra ???

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I use Simonis and Fastbond n-10 99% of the time. So here is my question:

3m77 and Championship Mercury Ultra & Invitational?? Doing a couple recovers and both are glue down tables. I know both have already been installed with 3m77 before. Is Fastbond n-10 over kill on this? Thanks

Trent from Toledo

P.s. I know the old 3m77 would have to be removed in order to use fastbond.

BrownDawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coin-op tables right? I bought my first bolt of Ultra last summer and have been using 77 with no problems. Be sure to wrap two or three inches underneath and the cloth will not migrate. Make sure the corresponding buffer strip of felt is attached to the middle of the cross beams.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Coin-op tables right? I bought my first bolt of Ultra last summer and have been using 77 with no problems. Be sure to wrap two or three inches underneath and the cloth will not migrate. Make sure the corresponding buffer strip of felt is attached to the middle of the cross beams.

Thanks BrownDawg! They were not valleys,but, home rec. tables. I used the Simonis stretch pattern, 3m77, mercury ultra and they came out great! I appreciate your input.

Trent from Toledo

P.s. its weird that the Simonis install dvds show 3m77 being used on a valley(not to mention a different stretch pattern, I use the main method) and

this is from their site: " Note for Glue-Down Installations:

Simonis cloth can be glued, but only with certain adhesives. Most spray adhesives, WILL NOT hold the cloth in a edge-glue application.

We recommend 3M Fast-Bond10™ for edge-glue glue-down installations. Currently, we are not aware of any other adhesives that will give proper adhesion for a straight edge-glue install."

Last edited: