Thank you Fans : 76th World 14.1

koreandragon

Banned
Gold Member
14291640_1130384317051164_1162684219373895834_n.jpg

Even though the money added and sponsorship support has decreased over the years, which is not a surprise as that has been the case across the board with pool events especially in North America on top of several cancelled events. We are still proud to put the event on and pleased at the emotional and spiritual support the World 14.1 and the 14.1 Hall of Fame garners.

And to promote it in a way deserving, we do not have the luxury of being part time leisure promoters. Marketing on the event was daily and constant, as in all Dragon Promotions productions. Especially with a round robin format that doesnt have the option to have less than a full field. So we do greatly appreciate the players who attend and the hard working staff that works on and behind the scenes to make the World 14.1 look easy and seamless.

For an event that takes 6-8 months to prepare, organize, and promote with a professional staff and company behind it with very little industry support, it still reached over 1 million pool fans and it is by far the best organized, promoted and marketed 14.1 event existing as well as one of the best pool events period.
At the same time, it is the least profitable from a business standpoint for Dragon Promotions. So we do appreciate the support and attention it garners (good or bad!). Thank you everyone for caring one way or another

Most of all, thank you to the players. Obviously, the title of World 14.1 Champion means so much to them as we can see with Mika Immonen , Thorsten Hohmann, Ortmann and so many others.

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Try setting up a fund for people to sponsor the event through small dollar amounts.
A handful of people might pay in exchange for personalized fan memorabilia. Its pretty popular on those fundraising sites.

I'd feel more attached to the event, had there been that opportunity.

Sounds like a lot of work with little pay out.

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Great picture of Mika who really savored his title.

Is that our own little Marop photo bombing the moment, eyeing the camera with bad intent?;)

i was in the background standing next to Billy Boy, and he pushed me out of the way just so he can Photo-Bomb the shot and steal all of the thunder from Mika !!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
i was in the background standing next to Billy Boy, and he pushed me out of the way just so he can Photo-Bomb the shot and steal all of the thunder from Mika !!

That does not surprise me in the least, Steve.

When Ortmann won the first time, Bill just about knocked the ref down trying to get in the picture with Oliver.

BigDeal52

Don Pearce
Silver Member
Thanks for keeping the tournament alive. It was great. I got to see some great matches on the stream.

koreandragon

Banned
Gold Member
Hello!
Yes, as Mr.Walsh pointed out we are not often on here if we do not have a relevant billiards promotion going on. Currently we do more events in other sports/industries nowadays but we do still intend to keep billiards as part of our repertoire as Dragon Promotions had its roots and origins here.

Yes, according to our analytics during the past quarter, over a million fans were reached via social media (facebook, twitter, instagram), our website, other news sites. The final week of the World 14.1 fb page alone drew 300,000+ fans!

Thank you everyone for your continued support