My birdseye and straight grain

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m quite fond of Birdseye, though I seem to prefer straight grain when playing. Straight grained maple seems to have a crisper hit compared to Birdseye. I recently found a nice old Mali T-15 and decided to do a quick pic.

While it’s gauche to talk about money, I don’t think I have spent more than $80 on any cue for myself in a long time. These are my budget gems.

jAvvrGY.jpg

8aVkfdi.jpg

TjmfcB2.jpg

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I've found the old "budget gems" play so much better than the ones of today. When locals ask me what cue to buy on a budget, I get on eBay and show them old Adam, Mali, & Viking cues. I've spent less than $100 several times for a flat out player. Someone will eventually ask to shoot with it, and then offer to buy it.

BTW...is that Hoppe cue an old Huebler? If so, I'd pay a handsome ransom for it...

Josh

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW...is that Hoppe cue an old Huebler? If so, I'd pay a handsome ransom for it...

Josh

It is. RH7 with custom check rings. I bought it from a fellow that was working at a bicycle store next to a pool hall in Eugene Oregon back when he was in college. The best he could remember is that it was 1975 or 1976. He said bought it from a guy that was teaching him to play. It is a superb playing cue. It’s like playing with a razor blade. It moves the rock unbelievably well. It’s not for sale, but if the time ever comes, I’ll look you up.