Richmond VA room recommendation

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Going to be in town tonight for 2 or 3 hours anyone recommend a good room?

Downtown is Greenleaf's -- upscale, great food.
In Midlothian (southwest of the city) is Diamond Billiards, which is host to the American Straight Pool Championships in October.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond is really the spot,d own there.

there are 2 or 3 diamond 9'ers, but it does bug me that the majority of tables are gc knockoffs that I don't think play very well.

Good people there though...you should be able to find an opponent, if you are into playing with other dudes.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once again, appreciate the recommendations from AZ. Got to enjoy a matchup with local guy that broke the tie in the last set for the win. Good player and definitely requires effort to win against.

One more stop in Portland ME tonight and then back to familiar territory.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Diamond is really the spot,d own there.

there are 2 or 3 diamond 9'ers, but it does bug me that the majority of tables are gc knockoffs that I don't think play very well.

Good people there though...you should be able to find an opponent, if you are into playing with other dudes.

He's right, stay away from the Black Crown knockoffs, they play like absolute ass. Stick to the Diamonds

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Richmond used to be a great pool town, with lots of rooms.

Different place now.

In retrospect, it all wnt downhill right arount the time bill stephen left.

Hmmmmmm...

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Richmond used to be a great pool town, with lots of rooms.

Different place now.

In retrospect, it all wnt downhill right arount the time bill stephen left.

Hmmmmmm...

Thanks Walter, I appreciate that :)

Excommunicated from Richmond, my ex didn't do 'our beautiful sport' any favors in the City that's for sure

Richmond's a great place, ironically I've had a couple people approach me lately of the need ...