Big action, Kevin Cheng vs DD

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
As I noted earlier in this thread, Aranas' highest gear is higher than Cheng's highest gear, but these players are pretty darn even, with Fargos of 804 and 802 respectively. Actually, as Cheng a) won the WPA Players Championship in April, and b) reached Stage 2 of the WPA World 10-ball Championship last week, a case can be made that Cheng came into the match in better form.

This match was always supposed to require three sets.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn how often do you see two guys in action race to 25, 1 player runs a 7-8 pack, the other a 9pack.

I think Cheng has been very underrated by some on
this thread.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the updates!

Is this Cheng the same one that won the US Open a couple years ago?

Saw him win the White Diamond's(with the monster calcutta) barbox tournament that year.

Over the years,
1st US Open 9b
3rd in World 9b
2nd in China Open.
3rd in China Open

Not a slouch for sure.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are these 7 and 9 pack counts correct? I know it’s super easy to sleep the run count. Happens every single match we watch includeing by the match commentators.

Are they playing on a standard Diamond or something easier?

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are these 7 and 9 pack counts correct? I know it’s super easy to sleep the run count. Happens every single match we watch includeing by the match commentators.

The 7 pack is 100% correct. I documented it earlier, game by game, in this thread. The 9 pack I heard from Roy. He reported false package info on Day 1 so who knows?

Last edited:

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I wasn’t paying much attention, cause I was in the process of running 13 racks myself.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All this chit chat about packs reminds me I have a 15 pack of hop hash ale in the downstairs fridge that I've been neglecting.

Getting thirsty up in hrrre.