Shane Vanboening vs Jayson Shaw

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Earl and Sky are going to be playing a match?

What is it with people that want to set up all these one sided matches?

When it was announced, I thought it was a coin flip on who would win. I really thought it would be a close final score.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont think Sky is near the favorite people think. When Earl gets right...he can easily dominate.

I'm looking to buy PPV tonight for SVB match. Do they sell it for just tonight?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
When Earl gets right...he can easily dominate.?

Yeah, he keeps dominating in the top events.

US Open 9-ball
Didn't cash

World Pool Masters
Eliminated n the first round

US Open 10-ball
Didn't cash

Perhaps he dominates when he plays the amateurs, but not against the pros. Because of his extraordinary skill, he always has a chance, but only the delusional believe him to be a top player.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Shane is a break mechanic not a rack mechanic it doesn’t matter who’s racking

The last two major events in which there was a neutral racker were the US Open 9-ball and the World 10-ball.

US Open 9-ball
Shane finished tied for 9th

World 10-ball
Shane finished tied for 33rd

Neutral racker has always been the case at the Mosconi, where Shane has struggled mightily, finally ending his eight year losing streak in 2018.

Yes, he's a break mechanic and a rack mechanic and it matters a lot who's racking. Neutral racker has never brought out the best in him.

phatskeemz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last two major events in which there was a neutral racker were the US Open 9-ball and the World 10-ball.

US Open 9-ball
Shane finished tied for 9th

World 10-ball
Shane finished tied for 33rd

Neutral racker has always been the case at the Mosconi, where Shane has struggled mightily, finally ending his eight year losing streak in 2018.

Yes, he's a break mechanic and a rack mechanic and it matters a lot who's racking. Neutral racker has never brought out the best in him.

That’s one way to look at it I believe the alternate break hurts him more then who’s racking in those tournaments

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

he is a rack mechanic in addition to being one of the best breakers ever. there is no contradiction in those two qualities

personally i prefer ref racking combined with no inspecting the rack

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nah, Shane is well-known for being a rack mechanic. I've heard other top pros talk about Shane saying he makes them feel like they should've been working on their rack more than working on their break because it's equally if not more important. Even with a magic rack, rack your own is a massive advantage for Shane.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
From Jayson earlier today on Facebook:

"Day 3 starts today 5pm I’m down 66.43 we both played great but the his break is got him so far in front Hard to fade especially when I’m playing great and the match stats are about the same but he catching lot got flicks and kicks. He’s had 8 pack 6 pack few 5 packs I’m fading a lot stuff I’m still there I know I am ��

It ain’t over Jayson Shaw comeback need happen I’m playing great breaking great let’s get it on Shane VanBoening bring what you got cause I’m laying it all out today leaving it all on the table ��"

I agree that Jayson is breaking great, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a significant comeback.

As to Jayson's claim that Shane has had "8 pack 6 pack few 5 packs" -- no. Shane's high so far is a 6-pack. No 5-packs. Three 4-packs.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah, Shane is well-known for being a rack mechanic. I've heard other top pros talk about Shane saying he makes them feel like they should've been working on their rack more than working on their break because it's equally if not more important. Even with a magic rack, rack your own is a massive advantage for Shane.

Complete BS. If you watch any streams you never see anyone go up and inspect his racks and have any issues. Unlike quite a few other players.

:rolleyes:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I take it you've never seen Shane practicing his break, about 8 hrs in a row, that's how long I seen him practicing it, because I recovered 2 Diamond 7fts while he was practicing, and the whole time he never shot in another ball.

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know how to expand the size of the stream video ? They have a thing to do it, but it doesn't expand it..... feel like I'm in the noseblood seats watching a football game..... this is horrible unless I can figure out how to expand it.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Complete BS. If you watch any streams you never see anyone go up and inspect his racks and have any issues. Unlike quite a few other players.

:rolleyes:

Not completely accurate. I think it was 2018 DCC there was a dust up between Shaw and SVB over SVB’s racking. Pretty sure his racking technique has been scrutinized before.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know how to expand the size of the stream video ? They have a thing to do it, but it doesn't expand it..... feel like I'm in the noseblood seats watching a football game..... this is horrible unless I can figure out how to expand it.
I wouldn't know. I attempted to purchase the stream yesterday and they want too much info for my comfort in order to register an account.

WTF do they NEED my phone number for? All I need is a bunch of SPAM texts for the rest of my days or for them to leak/sell my number to advertisers.

How about my email address and we call it good?