Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Shane Van Boening's new cue
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Shane Van Boening's new cue
Old
  (#1)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute
 
JoeyA's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 22,401
vCash: 1300
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2003
   
Shane Van Boening's new cue - 07-11-2018, 02:49 PM

Today, I had a chance to hit some balls with SVB's Cuetec cue which is a carbon fiber composite cue/shaft. He was at the BCA Expo in New Orleans and offered to let me hit some balls with it. He said it was his regular playing cue.

He plays with the extension connected to the cue and it must weight close to 21 ounces.

After 2 shots, I was making or coming very close with my signature shot for testing the cue ball deflection. I really didn't hit many shots with the cue and haven't hit any balls for a few days but I had no trouble playing with it.

I asked the senior Cuetec representative if they would be making a 30" shaft and he quickly replied that they will be making whatever the market demands. So, I don't think they will be shy about making a 30" shaft.

Shane's cue is 12.5mm at the tip. It also has a weight bolt in it and the cue extension is quick and easy to add or remove.

I believe they said the cues might be ready by the end of the year or first of the year. I'm not positive on that.

Just thought you might be interested in knowing some of the details.

Oh yeah, Shane is ready to get his new Larson boat in the water. You can tell that he REALLY likes fishing because his eyes light up when he talks about fishing. :-)

Good ambassador for the sport and a great asset for a sponsor. He was keeping busy talking with all of the event goers but seemed to be a professional at handling customers and prospective customers for Cuetec.

If I go back before the end of the week, I might try to hit some more with his cue because I am as always intrigued by good equipment.

ON a side note, Bob Jewett was in town, looking for a Carom room. I told him I didn't remember the name of the one I went to recently but told him the location and in a few minutes, he conjured up the name and told me. Lol

JoeyA


"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#2)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 16,578
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
   
07-11-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
... ON a side note, Bob Jewett was in town, looking for a Carom room. I told him I didn't remember the name of the one I went to recently but told him the location and in a few minutes, he conjured up the name and told me. ...
I found it with my smarty phone. Those things are amazing. Some of them even take pictures. (Platinum Billiards was the answer.)
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Z-Nole
AzB Silver Member
Z-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
   
07-11-2018, 03:38 PM

Can a guy walk in off the street and check out the show? I'm landing there tomorrow and have a couple of hours before I head to the fishing lodge, can I buy my way in?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 16,578
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
   
07-11-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Nole View Post
Can a guy walk in off the street and check out the show? I'm landing there tomorrow and have a couple of hours before I head to the fishing lodge, can I buy my way in?
Do you have a billiard-related business card? In general the public is not allowed in. You may be able to see the junior tournaments -- I don't know if any ID/pass is required to get in to that -- and you can see the show floor from the tournament area.


Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
Z-Nole
AzB Silver Member
Z-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
   
07-11-2018, 03:59 PM

No, but I have a printer.....maybe I will just try to sneak in. It would be cool to check out the new stuff.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute
 
Cardigan Kid's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,620
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
   
07-11-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Today, I had a chance to hit some balls with SVB's Cuetec cue which is a carbon fiber composite cue/shaft. He was at the BCA Expo in New Orleans and offered to let me hit some balls with it. He said it was his regular playing cue.

He plays with the extension connected to the cue and it must weight close to 21 ounces.

After 2 shots, I was making or coming very close with my signature shot for testing the cue ball deflection. I really didn't hit many shots with the cue and haven't hit any balls for a few days but I had no trouble playing with it.

I asked the senior Cuetec representative if they would be making a 30" shaft and he quickly replied that they will be making whatever the market demands. So, I don't think they will be shy about making a 30" shaft.

Shane's cue is 12.5mm at the tip. It also has a weight bolt in it and the cue extension is quick and easy to add or remove.

I believe they said the cues might be ready by the end of the year or first of the year. I'm not positive on that.

Just thought you might be interested in knowing some of the details.

Oh yeah, Shane is ready to get his new Larson boat in the water. You can tell that he REALLY likes fishing because his eyes light up when he talks about fishing. :-)

Good ambassador for the sport and a great asset for a sponsor. He was keeping busy talking with all of the event goers but seemed to be a professional at handling customers and prospective customers for Cuetec.

If I go back before the end of the week, I might try to hit some more with his cue because I am as always intrigued by good equipment.

ON a side note, Bob Jewett was in town, looking for a Carom room. I told him I didn't remember the name of the one I went to recently but told him the location and in a few minutes, he conjured up the name and told me. Lol

JoeyA
Very cool, Joey.
Got any photos?
Thanks for the input.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute
 
JB Cases's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 28,014
vCash: 5700
iTrader: 130 / 100%
Blog Entries: 11
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Earth
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
07-11-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Nole View Post
No, but I have a printer.....maybe I will just try to sneak in. It would be cool to check out the new stuff.
If you have any kind of business card you can get in. Just go to registration and tell them you are thinking of opening a room and you can buy a pass.

You might not even need the business card.


Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.


jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations


"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
Z-Nole
AzB Silver Member
Z-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
   
07-11-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
If you have any kind of business card you can get in. Just go to registration and tell them you are thinking of opening a room and you can buy a pass.

You might not even need the business card.
Thanks. I'm gonna check it out.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
Quesports
AzB Silver Member
Quesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 500
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2004
   
07-11-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Today, I had a chance to hit some balls with SVB's Cuetec cue which is a carbon fiber composite cue/shaft. He was at the BCA Expo in New Orleans and offered to let me hit some balls with it. He said it was his regular playing cue.

He plays with the extension connected to the cue and it must weight close to 21 ounces.

After 2 shots, I was making or coming very close with my signature shot for testing the cue ball deflection. I really didn't hit many shots with the cue and haven't hit any balls for a few days but I had no trouble playing with it.

I asked the senior Cuetec representative if they would be making a 30" shaft and he quickly replied that they will be making whatever the market demands. So, I don't think they will be shy about making a 30" shaft.

Shane's cue is 12.5mm at the tip. It also has a weight bolt in it and the cue extension is quick and easy to add or remove.

I believe they said the cues might be ready by the end of the year or first of the year. I'm not positive on that.

Just thought you might be interested in knowing some of the details.

Oh yeah, Shane is ready to get his new Larson boat in the water. You can tell that he REALLY likes fishing because his eyes light up when he talks about fishing. :-)

Good ambassador for the sport and a great asset for a sponsor. He was keeping busy talking with all of the event goers but seemed to be a professional at handling customers and prospective customers for Cuetec.

If I go back before the end of the week, I might try to hit some more with his cue because I am as always intrigued by good equipment.

ON a side note, Bob Jewett was in town, looking for a Carom room. I told him I didn't remember the name of the one I went to recently but told him the location and in a few minutes, he conjured up the name and told me. Lol

JoeyA
Hey Joey, Another great champion of his sport that LOVED fishing was Ted Williams. I had the opportunity to chat with him for the better part of 30 minutes one day. He told me he played baseball so he could afford to go fishing. Like SVB when Ted talked fishing he lit right up!
  
Reply With Quote
Ted n fishing
Old
  (#10)
Ak Guy
AzB Silver Member
Ak Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2012
   
Ted n fishing - 07-11-2018, 11:55 PM

Ted Williams caught over 2,000 Atlantic salmon and I think it was with a fly rod, just how strong is that!

If Shane likes fishing he should contact me and fish Alaska! I have a home table and will play him even for...……..
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
westcoast
AzB Silver Member
westcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
   
07-12-2018, 06:13 AM

Unless the carbon shaft is significantly lighter than the r360, the overall weight including the extension must be heavier than 21 ounces. I shoot the r360 and the extension and it definitely feels heavier than 21 oz- probably around 24
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Online
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Kiev
   
07-12-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
Unless the carbon shaft is significantly lighter than the r360, the overall weight including the extension must be heavier than 21 ounces. I shoot the r360 and the extension and it definitely feels heavier than 21 oz- probably around 24
Getting out a weight bolt should not be so much of a problem.


Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,078
vCash: 500
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chesapeake Beach
   
07-12-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesports View Post
Hey Joey, Another great champion of his sport that LOVED fishing was Ted Williams. I had the opportunity to chat with him for the better part of 30 minutes one day. He told me he played baseball so he could afford to go fishing. Like SVB when Ted talked fishing he lit right up!
Ted had a sears line ,, Ted WIlliams Game Fisher ,, he also had a commercial in the boat rocking it back and forth showing its stability .

1
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute
 
hang-the-9's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 10,738
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: MA
   
07-12-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Do you have a billiard-related business card? In general the public is not allowed in. You may be able to see the junior tournaments -- I don't know if any ID/pass is required to get in to that -- and you can see the show floor from the tournament area.
Yes they need passes for that, I think mostly because of the show and the guards checking passes all the time. When they had them in pool halls there were no passes needed. However, the BEF passes do not normally get you into the main floor at all times. That was changed after the first few BCA / BEF events. I am no longer going to the tournament since my son is too old this year, but that is how things were run past few years.


"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Z-Nole
AzB Silver Member
Z-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
   
07-12-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak Guy View Post
Ted Williams caught over 2,000 Atlantic salmon and I think it was with a fly rod, just how strong is that!

If Shane likes fishing he should contact me and fish Alaska! I have a home table and will play him even for...……..
Where in Alaska are you? I fished Sitka for five years but moved to the Orca Lodge on Langara island in BC the last two. I was there two weeks ago and one of our guides told me the fishing in Sitka this year was absolutely horrible. Said the Kings were really late showing up. Is that true or was he just telling fishin stories?
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.