Picked this up at thrift store for $10

Vinnie

pool is cool.
Silver Member
It needs some work, but it is real slate and has a solid frame. This same table runs around $600 new. I can fix it up for $150 total cost. It's gonna look great in my man cave!

bumperpool.jpg

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
That's not one of the cheap bumper pool tables either. Nice buy.
My Dad made a lot of money taking me to bars along his ice route. I think he use to split 90/10 with me...his favor. It was fun when I was twelve beating grown men, but now that I think of it he was robbing me lol. Johnnyt

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
I love bumper pool. A friend of mine used to have one and that was all we did as kids. I came across one similar to this one of our local classifieds a couple weeks ago, by the time I went to look at it the guy had already sold it for $25. What a disapointment. :frown:

Super as far as the rules go this was how we played...
Each player has 4 balls (white or red), they start 2 on each side of the hole at either end of the table.

Both players shoot one of their balls off the side rail to try and get it in the opposite hole. The closest one to the hole or the one that gets it in gets to shoot first.

Object is to get all your balls in the hole at the other end but you cannot move any of your balls until you get the first one in the hole. After the first one is in you can shoot the rest whenever you feel like it.

It is hard to tell just by looking but the holes are extremely tight between the bumpers and the table we played on the bumpers can throw your ball right to the other end. You have to shoot very soft and be extremely accurate to be good at the game.

Not sure if these are the actual rules to the game but it was always how we played.

Hard to find a rectangle table these days, most of the new ones are an octagon shape.

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
If you ever get a chance to try it, its a great game to play. My buddy and I used to play it so much that we would each hit 2 or 3 balls one rail right into the hole before we could decide who went first. I have been looking to buy one for a long time but they seem to be hard to come by these days.

Plus I have been having trouble convincing the wife that I need space for another pool table in our house. :D