Finally, The Perfect Inexpensive Hard Tip

Vinnie

pool is cool.
Silver Member
If you are like me and you prefer to play with a hard tip (my favorite layered tip is the Talisman Pro Hard), then check this out.
Take a Triumph tip (made by Tweeten and comes with a red pad attached) and soak it for 24 hours (I prefer Vodka or Tequila :)). Next, press it in a vice for 24 hours (not too tight). The result is a hard tip that still holds chalk and has the fiber pad already attached. It sounds and plays great.

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally, The perfect (cocktail?) Inexpensive Hard Tip

When you "wring it out", how does the liquor taste?

If you are like me and you prefer to play with a hard tip (my favorite layered tip is the Talisman Pro Hard), then check this out.
Take a Triumph tip (made by Tweeten and comes with a red pad attached) and soak it for 24 hours (I prefer Vodka or Tequila :)). Next, press it in a vice for 24 hours (not too tight). The result is a hard tip that still holds chalk and has the fiber pad already attached. It sounds and plays great.

Vinnie

pool is cool.
Silver Member
When you "wring it out", how does the liquor taste?

The Triumph tip does turn the vodka yellow, but I'm not willing to try it. Besides, I have to keep reusing the same shot glass of vodka because my wife will get mad if I keep "wasting" it. LOL

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have two of these tips -vodka -vice.
I will try it on one.
Will the vodka affect the cue ball and cause it to not roll straight ? :grin:

Vinnie

pool is cool.
Silver Member
I have two of these tips -vodka -vice.
I will try it on one.
Will the vodka affect the cue ball and cause it to not roll straight ? :grin:

I promise these tips will not make your cue drunk LOL. The reason I use alcohol is because it drys out better for me.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Triumph tip does turn the vodka yellow, but I'm not willing to try it. Besides, I have to keep reusing the same shot glass of vodka because my wife will get mad if I keep "wasting" it. LOL

You keep doing that, and you'll end up with a shot of "bourbon". I guess you'd call it "JackDanielsnaya"? :p