TVmike has proven untrustworthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
I never asked for the Bad Blood DVD, and certainly didn't offer to pay for it. You sent that on your own. Look, the only one who screwed up here is you. and the only one who reneged on our original agreement is you. I'd suggest you take a different tone with me now and offer me a sincere apology for all the grief you've caused me and an explanation why you decided that I owed you hundreds of dollars anyway. It doesn't feel so good when the shoe is on the other foot, does it. Now it's me who has the cards.

Right now I don't feel like I owe you anything. You've done your best to screw me over from start to finish on this entire deal. I may be be a little slow in making any further payments to you. How does five months sound? I first have to look at the DVD's to see what the quality is like. Maybe they aren't worth a dime. After all I've heard about you and your work they may be junk and totally unsalable. I'll get back with you later. I'm going to be busy with other projects for the next few days (or weeks). Maybe this sounds familiar too. I remember how busy you were all of a sudden after DC and had no time to make copies for me. That's when you changed the deal and offered to send me DVD's for $8 each, after I told you that I can make them for $3-5 apiece. You decided that I needed to pay you in advance! I guess you remember that too. This is the day when the chickens come home to roost for you.

Mike, our original deal was that you would send me a single copy of each DVD, one of each player who finishes in the top four of the One Pocket Challenge. I would then make copies and sell them, with you getting a $5 royalty per DVD. That was all well and good with you then. But after DCC you decided that you would sell these DVD's on your own and cut me out of the loop. That's when you renegotiated our original deal and decided that I needed to first pay you $200 for your expenses and $8 per DVD that only you would make for me. You had me over a barrel then, because you knew that I wanted the DVD's of the four highest runs.

Mike at best you are dishonest and at worst you are a thief. So you better take a more contrite tone starting right now. What you sent me was 10 DVD's of each player in plain paper sleeves. For $5 each here, I could get them in a plastic sleeve with a nice label. So I'm out an extra $3 for an inferior product already. I will have to make a deduction for that. As far as your royalty that you wanted paid in advance, we wil have to once again renegotiate on that. I think $5 is a little high, maybe $2.50 is more fair. And I've already sent you $360 for 40 DVD's, that's $9 each. So maybe you owe me $40. As for your Bad Blood DVD, I will treat that as a gift, since I never asked for it anyway. By the way, the Bad Blood is in a nice plastic sleeve with a very attractive label. To bad you didn't see fit to do that for me.

One more thing, I want a royalty on all the One Pocket Challenge DVD's you've sold so far. How does $5 each sound? Remember I'm the one who put this event together, along with Greg Sullivan. You only wanted to come in and stream it and put it on your website for people to see. At least that was what you told me in January. Let me know how many you've sold and you can paypal me a payment. I'll have to trust your honesty here. You are trustworthy aren't you?

This top email is dated 05 07 when we decided how we would package the Alex recordings since they were in 3 separate files so I spliced and authored and divided them among 2 discs. 05 24 they were done. Which is 40 passes on the DVD writer.

Re: One Pocket Challenge - 05-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by jay helfert
Mike, I have been waiting patiently for the DVD's of Alex you said that you would be sending me. What is going on? Jay

Tvmike said - You were supposed to download those files
I sent you and tell me where to cut off the file to make the discs or am i just supposed to make 2 discs?
Jay said - We talked about that and I was unable to download them. You told me you would send me both discs. In other words Alex' runs would come in a set of two.

Re: Alex One Pocket Challenge DVD - 05-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVmike
Quote:
Mike, Did you mail this DVD out to me yet?

TvMike Said - I have them done for you and the envelope packed up just havent got to the post office yet. I'm gonna go tomorrow, if you can paypal me $150 as soon as you can I would really appreciate it.

Jay Helfert said - Will do after I receive them. Actually our agreement is for $160 I believe.

TvMike Said Jay would you be interested in selling any Bad Blood box sets or any other titles. Bad Blood is $30 wholesale sell for $50. The guy from Muellers wants to buy a bunch but hes in vegas for a while and I have to wait for him.

What is it, who is playing and how long?

Re: Alex One Pocket Challenge DVD - 05-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Jay Helfert Said I'm reluctant to sell something that I didn't have a hand in. I'd like to see a copy, if you can spare one. I will gladly return it to you, or if you absolutely need the money I'll buy it for $30.[/quote]

TvMike Said - You sell dvds and you travel see a lot of people. Why wouldn't you be willing to sell it? I sell it to you wholesale and you make money retail. I wouldn't mind if accustats sold them for me and made some money. I know the demand is out there, it's reaching people is the problem. The match was historical talked about as the greatest str8 pool match in history. They will sell themselves really. If you want I can send you one like you said at wholesale I just cant afford to give these out the work I put into them was immense, each one is 5 discs that I made myself with labels so I had essentially burn 10 dvds for each set, one pass for data one pass for labels. I could only send you like 25 copies max right now even if you paid full price from them. It takes days to make a set of just 20 copies.

TvMike said - You want the one for $30?[/quote]

Jay Helfert said - Okay, send one along with the Alex DVD's. Let me look at it and I'll decide if I want more. Thnx

o You know what Jay, I am over all of this negative hoopla. I have to sit back and realize how I have somewhat warranted the attitude you've taken. However, you've forced my hand to disclose the real dishonest party here. You ABSLOLUTELY asked for the Bad Blood DVD & denied it just the same-publicly! I have decided that in order to turn my business into a lucrative project, I must forgive all that trespass against me. So whether or not you choose to apologize, I forgive you. I would appreciate payment for any & all merchandise sent, that you care to retain. That that you don't, well please just return it. If you feel as if everything I've done was wrong, then you too shall be cast upon for doing the same. Yet, I'll understand. I refuse to keep this elementary trife brewing, as I will no longer entertain actions negative to my successions.

So to reiterate you have 10 Alex P One Pocket Challenge DVDs ($160) and 1 Bad Blood Box Set ($30) and you will get another 10 Alex P One Pocket Challenge set ($160) in the mail. Tracking number is 0311 0240 0000 6436 1801

DONE.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This top email is dated 05 07 when we decided how we would package the Alex recordings since they were in 3 separate files so I spliced and authored and divided them among 2 discs. 05 24 they were done. Which is 40 passes on the DVD writer.

Re: One Pocket Challenge - 05-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Mike, I have been waiting patiently for the DVD's of Alex you said that you would be sending me. What is going on? Jay

Tvmike said - You were supposed to download those files
I sent you and tell me where to cut off the file to make the discs or am i just supposed to make 2 discs?
Jay said - We talked about that and I was unable to download them. You told me you would send me both discs. In other words Alex' runs would come in a set of two.

Re: Alex One Pocket Challenge DVD - 05-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVmike
Quote:
Mike, Did you mail this DVD out to me yet?

TvMike Said - I have them done for you and the envelope packed up just havent got to the post office yet. I'm gonna go tomorrow, if you can paypal me $150 as soon as you can I would really appreciate it.

Jay Helfert said - Will do after I receive them. Actually our agreement is for $160 I believe.

TvMike Said Jay would you be interested in selling any Bad Blood box sets or any other titles. Bad Blood is $30 wholesale sell for $50. The guy from Muellers wants to buy a bunch but hes in vegas for a while and I have to wait for him.

What is it, who is playing and how long?

Re: Alex One Pocket Challenge DVD - 05-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Jay Helfert Said I'm reluctant to sell something that I didn't have a hand in. I'd like to see a copy, if you can spare one. I will gladly return it to you, or if you absolutely need the money I'll buy it for $30.

TvMike Said - You sell dvds and you travel see a lot of people. Why wouldn't you be willing to sell it? I sell it to you wholesale and you make money retail. I wouldn't mind if accustats sold them for me and made some money. I know the demand is out there, it's reaching people is the problem. The match was historical talked about as the greatest str8 pool match in history. They will sell themselves really. If you want I can send you one like you said at wholesale I just cant afford to give these out the work I put into them was immense, each one is 5 discs that I made myself with labels so I had essentially burn 10 dvds for each set, one pass for data one pass for labels. I could only send you like 25 copies max right now even if you paid full price from them. It takes days to make a set of just 20 copies.

TvMike said - You want the one for $30?[/quote]

Jay Helfert said - Okay, send one along with the Alex DVD's. Let me look at it and I'll decide if I want more. Thnx

o You know what Jay, I am over all of this negative hoopla. I have to sit back and realize how I have somewhat warranted the attitude you've taken. However, you've forced my hand to disclose the real dishonest party here. You ABSLOLUTELY asked for the Bad Blood DVD & denied it just the same-publicly! I have decided that in order to turn my business into a lucrative project, I must forgive all that trespass against me. So whether or not you choose to apologize, I forgive you. I would appreciate payment for any & all merchandise sent, that you care to retain. That that you don't, well please just return it. If you feel as if everything I've done was wrong, then you too shall be cast upon for doing the same. Yet, I'll understand. I refuse to keep this elementary trife brewing, as I will no longer entertain actions negative to my successions.

So to reiterate you have 10 Alex P One Pocket Challenge DVDs ($160) and 1 Bad Blood Box Set ($30) and you will get another 10 Alex P One Pocket Challenge set ($160) in the mail. Tracking number is 0311 0240 0000 6436 1801

My response is below:

A little more contrite and a little less drama. I wonder why, now that the shoe is on the other foot. No more suicide threats or hate mails, or do you want me to post those e-mails, along with the other earlier ones where you changed our deal mid stream. Mike, I will do what I damn well want to do now. I'm still waiting for that full apology from you for screwing me over. You're into me for $360 right now, and I haven't recouped a dime, but you have. I want a full accounting of all your sales of One Pocket Challenge DVD's before I agree to anything else.

Guess what, we make a new deal now. Just like you did to me back in February. I'm out $360 for 40 paper wrapped DVD's, plus one Bad Blood set. I don't think I even want the Bad Blood set, but since you grossly overcharged me for the DVD's I may keep it anyway. How do you like them apples?

Last edited:

Itsnotme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the guy at DCC who taped a piece of paper on his chest selling his dvd's, and also hanging out with Jason 'Buffalo' Hunt.

I would have never guessed....:shocked:

Oh, he was hanging with that hunt fellow? That is a good enough reason to stay away from him! Jason is the biggest scum-bag in the billiard world today!

flash5153

none
Silver Member
Mike are you seriously asking him to pay a replacement cost for CDs that where lost and reshipped?

Step back,,take a pill and look at this from every angle,,,,Breath,,,...Now in a angels voice you hear: "Tracking number was in your hands and not provided"

For that reason,,,Not providing tracking number or tracking the package yourself. And once again,,bad business,,, and is what is getting you into trouble. You put yourself in a position to pay for the result.
He now has 2 ,,duplicates of what was originally ordered. "Its not his fault!!!!"" It is completely your fault,,period.

And if you two didn't have so many other problems,,I'm betting,, he would make that right by returning the second set. But I really wouldn't blame him if he does not.

This really the least of the problem but a great example of bad business. It seems it has happened so many times here,,its hard to figure out WTF is going on. So many details have been skipped over,,but one thing is for sure,,,your business deal with each other is gone and there ain't NO fixing it!!!

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Mike....I've been in business 29 years now....The founder of J.C. Penny's opened and told his employees to "not argue with the customers...If a receipt is produced them just give a refund or exchange." His reasoning was that one unhappy customer would go out and tell an average of 20 other people..In turn this would snow ball and eventually give Penny's a bad rep in the community...Same with Sears stores...This has always been their policy...Sears will even give a refund if no receipt but a Sears product ...
I have a Pest Control business...Sometimes a customer will complain that they didn't smell chemicals when they came home so they must not of gotten sprayed..Our chemicals are odorless now but they won't buy it...So instead of arguing, I take an extra 15 minutes to re-spray....Customer is happy and no bad reps...
Sometimes in this situation the customer is still unreasonable, so I tell them there is no charge this month for service and still respray...
I've been very successful for 29 years...
Mike..I just think you should of sent another tape and then if you felt slighted, tell Jay you won't do business with him anymore and forget about it.....Now look what this has turned into.

I'm not taking sides here but thinking what would of been a better solution...Especially since Jay has a good reputation on here....

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
This is yet another PRIME example of a thread that should not be deleted, so it may serve as a cautionary tale.

Best,
Brian kc

XxMerlinxX

Pleased As Punch
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your not understanding the situation. He pays for the replacements too why would you not? Like giving him 10 dvds FREE?

Why not? You screwed up, you're the one who put the wrong address on the package, you're the one who didn't insure the package, and you're the one who lost the tracking number. Why should he have to give you anything??? If anything, you should've offered those to him for free in the first place, just for putting up with your aggravation. It'd cost you what, the cost of a couple of dvd's, which are like .25 cents a piece?

Last edited:

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
Mike....I've been in business 29 years now....The founder of J.C. Penny's opened and told his employees to "not argue with the customers...If a receipt is produced them just give a refund or exchange." His reasoning was that one unhappy customer would go out and tell an average of 20 other people..In turn this would snow ball and eventually give Penny's a bad rep in the community...Same with Sears stores...This has always been their policy...Sears will even give a refund if no receipt but a Sears product ...
I have a Pest Control business...Sometimes a customer will complain that they didn't smell chemicals when they came home so they must not of gotten sprayed..Our chemicals are odorless now but they won't buy it...So instead of arguing, I take an extra 15 minutes to re-spray....Customer is happy and no bad reps...
Sometimes in this situation the customer is still unreasonable, so I tell them there is no charge this month for service and still respray...
I've been very successful for 29 years...
Mike..I just think you should of sent another tape and then if you felt slighted, tell Jay you won't do business with him anymore and forget about it.....Now look what this has turned into.

I'm not taking sides here but thinking what would of been a better solution...Especially since Jay has a good reputation on here....

Agreed. I have no dog in this fight, but I will say that I do free-lance computer work on the side and I do not ask for or accept any payment until (a) I am completely done with the task and (b) the customer is completely satisfied with my work. Even though you run a slight risk, it's just good business. I, too, have been burned once or twice on a verbal agreement as well. Since it's really not worth fighting, I just black list them from any future services until they square up. But the bottom line is that a happy customer is a repeat customer.

Non Smoker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tv mike

I can't resist any longer. Jay, its all over but the crying for mike.
You now have in your possession the dvd's. If the quality is to your satisfaction you can take them and have all the copies you want made. You can keep track of the sales until your $200 is covered and then maybe give mikey his royalties on future sales, or not! Payback is a *****.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just so you all know that I'm not making this up, here is the envelope that the missing DVD's arrived in, one month late (label dated May 24). And two months after Mike said he was mailing them out to me. You can clearly see the incorrect address of P.O. Box 188. My P.O. Box is 1883. The little sticker at the top is for a tracking number which he could not find when I asked him for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Your not understanding the situation. He pays for the replacements too why would you not? Like giving him 10 dvds FREE? Unless he would like to send them back to me which would b ok as well. He owes for another DVD set as well thats why plus $30. But anyways I can't make want to buy anything but I would appreciate it and you will get some rare stuff.

Mike

You and I provide the same service. In this situation, I would give Jay 50 free DVD's and an apology for any misunderstanding. The customer/client is always right. As a service provider, your job is to make your customers/client happy with your service. Priority-wise, that should come before self preservation. If I was in your shoes, I would crack open a package of 50 additional DVD's (additional to what Jay expected to receive), burn them off and send them to him FedEx next day delivery. It would cost you around fifty bucks.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Just so you all know that I'm not making this up, here is the envelope that the missing DVD's arrived in, one month late (label dated May 24). And two months after Mike said he was mailing them out to me. You can clearly see the incorrect address of P.O. Box 188. My P.O. Box is 1883. The little sticker at the top is for a tracking number which he could not find when I asked him for it.

Still, he mailed it like he claimed, and as I suspected - it was lost in the mail, albeit because of his error.

It took the post office a month to figure this out - one post office - no wonder they're bankrupt.

He re-sent them in good faith. I don't think it would be right to keep them Jay, and I doubt you will. Probably best to mail the replacements back if you don't want them.

Chris

edit to add : but Mike sure isn't making things easy on himself!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.