Music rights

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
So many videos and or livestreams getting muted or blocked because of some song on a jukebox being played in the background. I guess I just don't get it and I am not sure I want to understand at this point.

Most of the time I do not know the song being played and if I do its because I have heard it many times before. The sound quality is horrible but because this song is on at the pool hall now I can't hear the commentary or the ambient noise during a match.

Is it the musicians or their lawyers that feel that they are getting robbed? Do the folks that own the music feel like I will record and pirate the songs from a pool match?:shakehead:

drlouis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many videos and or livestreams getting muted or blocked because of some song on a jukebox being played in the background. I guess I just don't get it and I am not sure I want to understand at this point.

Most of the time I do not know the song being played and if I do its because I have heard it many times before. The sound quality is horrible but because this song is on at the pool hall now I can't hear the commentary or the ambient noise during a match.

Is it the musicians or their lawyers that feel that they are getting robbed? Do the folks that own the music feel like I will record and pirate the songs from a pool match?:shakehead:

as I understand it's youtube (google) that has the problem with it. worried about getting sued I believe.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes the muted video is better when your only option is to listen to fools in the booth that don't know anything about pool anyway. Most of the time they don't even know the score.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes the muted video is better when your only option is to listen to fools in the booth that don't know anything about pool anyway. Most of the time they don't even know the score.

Tap tap tap

There are a couple that drive me nuts. Luckily I havent heard the one in a while. :thumbup:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I facebook stream the tournaments I run and when you post the video you have to put I don’t own the rights to any music in this video and then it won’t get deleted.