shopping venue

kztyler

Registered
i've decided to get back into shooting pool and will be purchasing 7 - 10 cues in the near future. currently, i'm checking azbilliards, chalkers, ebay and some other venues online. how does the 2013 superexpo compare as a purchasing venue, in terms of selection and value pricing? are you paying a premium when you buy at the expo or do real deals abound? where are my best chances for a great deal at the expo --- buying new or used? an info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
i've decided to get back into shooting pool and will be purchasing 7 - 10 cues in the near future. currently, i'm checking azbilliards, chalkers, ebay and some other venues online. how does the 2013 superexpo compare as a purchasing venue, in terms of selection and value pricing? are you paying a premium when you buy at the expo or do real deals abound? where are my best chances for a great deal at the expo --- buying new or used? an info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

I was told to stay away from Chalkers, she is bad business.:thumbup:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=294079&highlight=chalkers

Last edited:

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member

I think you will find many great deals at the Super Billiards Expo, probably no better place to have access to so many cuemakers and retailers under one roof!

There will be a section of over 30 booths for the ACA (American Cuemakers Association) and another section of 10 booths comprised of ICA Members (International Cuemakers Association). These are in addition to a myriad of other vendors selling cues, cases, and accessories.

You can see a listing of all the various companies that will be exhibiting at the show this year, as well as a map of the show layout, at this link: http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/exhibitors.html

Hope this helps, and hope to see you there!

kztyler

Registered
i appreciate the prompt response, thanks. i've been on the expo website and browsed the vendors but i was mainly wondering how the prices one finds at the expo compare to ebay or to a regular billliards supply house for example. are there a lot of used cues for sale at the expo, or primarily brand-new cues? do the cuemakers generally lower prices at the expo or charge full-price for their cues? i don't want to drive to new jersey just to buy a cue i could have picked up at the same price from the comfort and convenience of my office chair. if you have attended these expos before, what was your impression of the buying opportunity there?

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
i appreciate the prompt response, thanks. i've been on the expo website and browsed the vendors but i was mainly wondering how the prices one finds at the expo compare to ebay or to a regular billliards supply house for example. are there a lot of used cues for sale at the expo, or primarily brand-new cues? do the cuemakers generally lower prices at the expo or charge full-price for their cues? i don't want to drive to new jersey just to buy a cue i could have picked up at the same price from the comfort and convenience of my office chair. if you have attended these expos before, what was your impression of the buying opportunity there?

You're welcome... Since you may not know, my father is the producer of the event, and I do a lot of help with the marketing, promotion, etc... So, yes, I have attended these expos before.

I cannot tell you with any certainty as to what the pricing offered at the event will be in comparison with your local market and/or ebay. What I can tell you is that coming to the Super Billiards Expo to shop for your cue will be a unique shopping experience that is unrivaled almost anywhere in the world. You will get to walk booth to booth and meet the actual cuemakers, the collectors, and the retailers who are the most knowledgable in the field.

In addition, you will be able to test cues, closely inspect them, and compare a wide range of cues and accessories - all under one roof. You'll be able to talk to experts in the field, ask questions, and make an educated decision.

Hope this helps address your concerns a bit. Best of luck to you!

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
I have a standard speech that I give all my buyers that step into my pro shop. A lot of them are just window shopping for a cue, comparing prices with what they see online and checking out my vast selection.

I tell them that a cue is a very personal purchase, and DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT YOU CANNOT HOLD IN YOUR HANDS !!!!!!!!

I realize that not all shoppers have access or shops in their area, and the only way to get a cue without traveling a great distance, is by browsing the web.

By all means, if you want to see probably the largest assortment of cues and makers anywhere in the country in one location, GO TO THE SUPER BILLIARD EXPO !!!!

fourkingscues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be in Booth 418 come by i have over 100 cues,,,call me if you need any help,,267-257-8323,,,

I have cues from Szamboti,Searing ,SChick,Showman,Hercek and ect,,

BR
Little
Kenny

Ksax

Registered
If you are looking to buy a custom made cue by a quality cue craftsman, then the expo is a great experience. I bought my cue there last year(durbin) and it is an awesome opportunity to go to every cuemakers booth and test hit their cues from sneaky pete to multiple point, multiple inlay masterpieces. There are also many custom cue dealers with cues available from a variety of the top cue makers in the world. On the other hand, if you are looking for a production/mass made cue, then you will probably find a slightly better deal than online, but not worth the travel/lodging expense you will incur from going. just my two cents...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If you can't find a deal on a cue and case at the SBE then you can't find one anywhere. There is literally no other event on the earth where you can find so many different pool cues and cases and pool stuff as at the Super Biliards Expo. And I have been to just about every billiard related expo and big tournament that has been held.

Look at it this way, you can walk around and make a note of everything that interests you and still shop online for those items while at the expo. If the online price is lower then ask the vendor to match it, if they won't then buy online. You might find that a lot of times they will match prices. Lots of these guys sell online anyway.

But at the expo you will a lot of stuff that isn't going to be for sale online. I am bringing about 20 or more custom cases and my colleagues are also going to be bringing a lot of them so that's going to be around 100 custom cases for sale or more.

Cues? THOUSANDS of cues in every price range. And you can hit with most of them and find just the right one for you. If you have the chance go to the expo. Even if you don't find something to buy I guarantee you that you will have a fantastic time and get memories you can't buy anywhere.

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
Pretty hard to test hit a cue on ebay. More cues per square foot than
anywhere else I've been.

kztyler

Registered
thanks for all the input to my question. my shopping effort is mostly limited to online as i am working in another country and only get home once or twice a year. this superexpo sounds like a lot of fun, even if i don't find something and i hope that my schedule allows me to attend

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
As JB mentioned, if you can't find something at the SBE, something's very wrong. I have been going to the show for 15+ years and always find more cues and cases than anywhere else in one place at one time. If you're looking to purchase a new cue, spend the weekend and have some fun!

cant wait to see all of you guys in my own back yard LOL

And I'm thrilled to have you as my personal tour guide! :p

TKDVEE

I love old Schon cues
Silver Member
Sbe

I've attended the SBE every year since 2007 as part of the T.A.P. Dream Team Event, and it amazes me each time how much there is to peruse and the extensive assortment of pool related goods and services to be found there.
I highly reccommend making the trip to the new venue this year.
See you there. Bill

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last day

My best advice to you would be if you can wait till the last day of the event. That is when you will get the best deal on anything.

POOLPLYR1111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sbe

I bought my 9ft diamond a few years ago after the super billiards expo in valley forge. im kind of connected and got a great deal but I know for a fact that you can get a bargain on one of their used tables. they simply don't wanna keep breaking them down and transporting them all over the country lol.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My personal favorite cue was purchased from Mike Lambros at the Expo probably 15 years ago. How long have they been doing this because it might have been at the first ever SBE. I love the SBE and you can find good deals all over.