Can I just leave my personal cue in an upright wall cue rack (instead of in a case)?

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Depends on whether it's an inside wall, or an outside wall. Inside wall, probably OK, won't have too much temperature or humidity change. Outside wall, I wouldn't recommend it. Too much variance there.

Best advice still is to put the cue in a case, and store the case upright in a closet.

All the best,
WW

Another, perspective with great value....

I purchased my Whitten case, years ago when he first began making cases.
Due to the makeup of the interior of This particular case, it's similar to putting a fine cigar in the proper humidor.
Most all cases/if any (cept maybe the snooker players cases) don't have this type of interior enviornment, not the tubes, but the surrounding/insulating packing.
I remember Whitten years ago, in his beginning....went and talked to the great case makers for Woodwind instruments....to get their advice.
Smart move. I've never had a case that treated the cue wood/quite like this one, it has the right tack/feel when I pull it out.
I'll have it till I die, just because of this.

Last edited:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:yikes:Seriously!?

oh yeah because if you leave your stick in a prolonged vertical position for too long without rotating it, the balance will begin to shift to the butt instead of remaining in the center.
About every 2 weeks

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
oh yeah because if you leave your stick in a prolonged vertical position for too long without rotating it, the balance will begin to shift to the butt instead of remaining in the center.
About every 2 weeks

That's a new one on me. But what do I know? :eek:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About every 2 weeks

Make sure you remove any leftover chalk off the tip too because that extra chalk weight will warp your cue. Preflag Master chalk is the heaviest, so make sure to remove it all from the tip.

Matter of fact, go ahead and completely remove the tip and ferrule after each use. That way the cue stays completely balanced. That's the best way.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had my cue on the rack for years however recently I will turn the cue the opposite way (tip down) for about 2 weeks at a time just to level it out.

Sure, coz it is a great idea to shift the center of gravity so that it rests on the weakest end.

Not sure what made you come up with your approach but if you still have a receipt, you ought to return that shit.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make sure you remove any leftover chalk off the tip too because that extra chalk weight will warp your cue. Preflag Master chalk is the heaviest, so make sure to remove it all from the tip.

Matter of fact, go ahead and completely remove the tip and ferrule after each use. That way the cue stays completely balanced. That's the best way.

See, something tells me you're not being completely serious. However, thanks for the chalk tip. I did not know Master chalk was the heaviest and I've begun to clean agter each use.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See, something tells me you're not being completely serious. However, thanks for the chalk tip. I did not know Master chalk was the heaviest and I've begun to clean agter each use.

Guess what I'm full of.

Hint, my eyes are brown.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About every 2 weeks

Personally I take a wood dowel, install it into a
wall stud, and find the exact balance point
of the cue.
Then just place the cue horizontally on the dowel.
This should negate this problem, right?

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About every 2 weeks

That is why I store mine vertical with the tip down...I like a forward balance.