Doc Holliday Cue...any info??

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I posted this in the Cue Gallery, but I know that a lot of knowledable people, in regards to cues/cuemakers, check the For Sale section more than any other section.

I just bought this Doc Holliday cue for a league teammate. I had sworn that I heard of these cues, but I couldn't find much searching through the forums. I couldn't find any info for Doc Holliday by searching google either. The cue was bought at the Derby City Classic a few years ago, but that's all I really know. Looks like a nicely excecuted design and construction. Any info about the cue maker would be much appreciated. Thanks and Happy Holidays!!! :D :D

DocHolliday2.jpg

DocHolliday1.jpg

DocHolliday3.jpg

DocHolliday4.jpg

DocHolliday5.jpg

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
DocHolliday is my secondary brand. Wondering why the brand name? A few friends have likened me to the "Tombstone" character played by Val K. Not in looks but Dh's personality.LOL. Plus check-out my forum name.

I purchase raw materials in bulk and the top pick are used for my signature brand which is http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=186&highlight=bandido. Second pick goes to the DHs which are mostly sold to locals (Filipinos) until they eventually built a following in Japan and mostly with the younger and newbie players who can't afford full-custom cues. DHs too are where I train apprentices and experiment with new systems and designs. The ones that have the new experimental designs normally end up with real close friends here.

I've stopped producing Docs for quite a while as I don't have anybody in training now and just have 2 apprentices. One trained to do the finishing and the other for shop upkeep. Thus all my time is devoted to my signature series, ER. For which I'm sooooo backlogged.
Your cue above was made in 2001 and 60% of that batch went to Japan where it sold at 86,000 Yen which is roughly US$700.

Nice to see that it's still in good condition.

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Let me explain the "second pick" part. An example is the forearm which is curly maple. The portion of the board that exhibits exceptional figuring and grain straightness goes to my signature series, ER. The ones that don't show the above goes to DH. The rest are trashed or smaller sections are used for joint protectors.

The experimental part of that cue is the ringwork and the joint pin. Had to check-out first how that ring pattern will actually look before being used in my sig series and the pin on its performance. The ringwork ended up being used in a couple of my sig series but I never did use the QR pin in the sigs.

Hope that helps explain the Docs existance.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
"I'll be your huckleberry..." lol...nice cue! Many leaguers would take their game to the next level with that cue, Mr. Reyes!
:p

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
rayjay said:
"I'll be your huckleberry..." lol...nice cue! Many leaguers would take their game to the next level with that cue, Mr. Reyes!
:p
LOL! Well, follow what Wyatt (PM) and his Immortals will do to the Phil. Pool scene in our last ride. "I believe we started a game we didn't finish".:D