The now INFAMOUS Tony Annigoni!!

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
I know we have a sticky thread dedicated to the USPPA tournament in Reno, but I want everyone to see this!! This was aired tonight on the local new channel in Sacramento. Please repost this to your Facebooks, Twitters, and etc, so that everyone can see it. The video is halfway down the page.

If I had to title it, I would have called it:

Annigoni fires the biggest air barrel of 'em all!!

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great coverage!

Should get these guys to film the next big billiards movie. Filming was excellent too, very professional.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the tournament, can you post the IOU from the promised tournament winnings on the rail for your money games? Is that bad form? Do you have to give odds on the money showing up? Hehe, I'd bet like a maniac with the "check in the mail".

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was a good spread on what happened. Notice that Tony would NOT appear on camera. ANOTHER 3-4 months? BS...get a rope! Somebody call Tony Soprano...I'm sure he could "liquidate" Mr. Annigoni's "assets" very quickly.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
The simple answer is "YOU DON'T" !!!!

For someone like Tony who has been running tournaments and events for 20 years, that's a crock of shit.

Smells bad, looks bad, tastes bad.

:angry:

But the question that begs to be asked is Why has been around for 20 years? Does everyone flock to him like lemmings to the sea?

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Character?

But the question that begs to be asked is Why has been around for 20 years? Does everyone flock to him like lemmings to the sea?

I'd really like to hear Annigoni's side of this. Especially since this incident sold his integrity for such a small price. So what did happen in the real world?:scratchhead:

P.S.This is an edited version of what I posted earlier. I re-read the sticky post and decided I may have needed to rethink my position to some degree.

Last edited:

Mike_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The short answer is character. Tony Annigoni has been a reputable ambassador for the sport of pool for ALL of those years (more than 30). I'd really like to hear his side of this. In the past, he's been the type of guy that would not be seduced by a small score (50,000 or less), especially one that sold his integrity for such a small price. So what did happen in the real world?
Jay knows Tony, I've noticed he's been real quite about this subject, too.
So who knows what really happened?:scratchhead:

Jay had several posts in the other thread on the subject

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
After the tournament, can you post the IOU from the promised tournament winnings on the rail for your money games? Is that bad form? Do you have to give odds on the money showing up? Hehe, I'd bet like a maniac with the "check in the mail".

Coming soon to a book store near you!

The further adventures of Mr Annagoni...
..Paying Off the Rail

kybill9

Banned
I have known Tony for a long time. Although this bashing of him might make some people feel better, it's not going to help people get paid. There's lots to be said about anyone. If you have never royally screwed up in your life, feel free to bash Tony all you like. Yes he has a huge ego. Yes he screwed up royally. Yes it's bad. But a solution to the problem is not bashing him personally. I would like anyone who has taken the chance to put on a tournament like he did or opened many rooms like he did, tell us your experiences and difficulties in making it work. The Tony I know is a stand up guy and he has his failures like anyone else.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have known Tony for a long time. Although this bashing of him might make some people feel better, it's not going to help people get paid. There's lots to be said about anyone. If you have never royally screwed up in your life, feel free to bash Tony all you like. Yes he has a huge ego. Yes he screwed up royally. Yes it's bad. But a solution to the problem is not bashing him personally. I would like anyone who has taken the chance to put on a tournament like he did or opened many rooms like he did, tell us your experiences and difficulties in making it work. The Tony I know is a stand up guy and he has his failures like anyone else.

If he was so 'stand-up' he'd pay the $$ now out of his own pocket as he said he would do and then 'raise' the money FOR HIMSELF over the next hundred years.

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
If he was so 'stand-up' he'd pay the $$ now out of his own pocket as he said he would do and then 'raise' the money FOR HIMSELF over the next hundred

How much money does he owe you?

That's not the point. The point is he owes the winners their money. It looks bad for him and the sport. It's hard enough to get new people involved in this sport without someone pulling something like this. I agree with the other poster, Tony should pay out of his own pocket and recoup the money later.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Who cares about Annigoni?

How can you make that player into a public persona?

(The camera angle up from the pocket with the dust falling, WOW)

Start a web channel.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kybill9...I too have known Tony a long time, and never had a problem with him. That said (and I am not owed $$$ by him), he owns a poolroom, he owns a house, he owns a vehicle of some kind. Any of those can be used to get a loan, to PAY THE PLAYERS NOW. If he truly was a 'stand up guy', imo that's what he would do. jmo

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I have known Tony for a long time. The Tony I know is a stand up guy and he has his failures like anyone else.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmmm

The simple answer is "YOU DON'T" !!!!

For someone like Tony who has been running tournaments and events for 20 years, that's a crock of shit.

Smells bad, looks bad, tastes bad.

:angry:

Exactly !!

And those that think this is only a civil matter, it is NOT. It could be criminal as the intent here could be he took the money with the intention of not paying anyone which is always possible and all the more felonious.

Plus any 12 year old can use a calculator to add up the player registration fee's and deduct expenses and know exactly where you stand. Surely he didn't start a tourney in order to lose money and that begs the question of where is the MONEY.

Let's see the books, lets see the exact costs, with receipts, and other documentation of the actual cost of the tourney. Only then will everyone know what his true intentions were. It's a little odd that he stiffed the players but not vendors/event organizers/equipment/others invovled to run the tourney. Why is that? Somebody got paid, just not the players.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Ask Obama or some a group of unknowing investors to bailout Tony Annigoni.