Rare Sugartree combination, Cocobolo and Koa

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
For sale is what I consider a rare Sugartree. The cocobolo is some of the best I've seen; it has a reddish color, with black streaks, The Hawaiian Koa handle is a gold color and has a great chatoyance, or depth of color. The combination is very unique to Sugartree cues. It also contains two decorative brass rings at the bottom of the cue, which is also rare to see any metal rings in a Sugartree. The joint is white phenolic with matching shafts. This cue is not only a great looking cue, but it is also a player. I would keep it, but I shoot with 59"-60" cues. No trades except Scruggs cues only!!!
SOLD!!! $1325 shipped with paypal fees included.

Here are the specs:

Shaft 1: 12.77mm,3.6 ounces, 29"
Shaft 2: 12.85mm, 4.0 ounces, 29"
Butt: 3/8x10 pin, 15.1 ounces, 29"

More pics available from the original owner on AZbilliards from cubswin:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=158364

Last edited:

The Clever Set

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Matt Crisp never made Sugartree cues, he made Moc One cues. There are no "Matt Crisp Sugartrees." All Sugartrees were presumably made by Eric, although Matt did assist at some point. So, it might be nice to show the sig on this cue because the ringwork looks more like the ringwork on Matt's cues, so that people are sure of what they're getting.

Having said that, I know the original owner of this cue and saw it in person a few years ago and believe that it was signed by Eric.

did matt make this or eric

Last edited:

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Erics older work had bigger ring work, I believe this cue is a rare Sugar because it was a style Eric used for a minimal time before now what hes known for :thumbup:

Beautiful cue wish I had the funds.

-Drew

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Bump, make me an offer. I will try to get a good pic of his signature. If you click the link to the pic thread made by the original owner, you will see that Eric hand delivered this cue.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
This cue plays exceptionally well, saw it in person and it's superb. This is a great deal that someone should jump on!