If you could afford any cue makers cue who's cue would you buy for your everyday cue

flipmo

Release The Kraken
Gold Member
Silver Member
Question is a bit intimidating (i.e. afford) and makes me feel small :p:p:p

Searing

SWN99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scruggs, actually have owned 2 sneaky petes and getting a Merry Widow.

Playing with a Scruggs is like playing with the hand of god.

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
If I could pick any cue maker to build my next cue it would have to be Ed Prewitt, but his waiting list is a long one. I've been looking for the right Prewitt for sometime now, as you know they don't come up too often. You can find some plane jane Prewitt's but the fancy ones are not out for sale, or the one I'm looking for hasn't come up yet. Keeping my eyes peeled though. There are a few cues I'd like to add to my collection, but funds are tight at the moment.

Chris:wink:

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
searing. Just a simple 6 pointer. It would be interesting to see if it hits better than my kersenbrock

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like Ziggy posted......I would want another Ed Prewitt.........I love the hit of my Scruggs.....and both Bob & Jerry made me cues that compete with my EP cue
but when push comes to shove, my Prewitt cue has absolutely stunning, meticulous workmanship and the feel sensation is astounding on soft and hard struck shots.

I have my fingers crossed my next Prewitt cue acquisition might be able to take place at the Mosconi Cup in Vegas......my fingers are crossed because as Ziggy wrote,
the really nice ones are hard to come by. Meanwhile, I am absolutely thrilled to own this cue thanks to Bill Grassley.

Matt B.

Attachments

• Cornerstone Cues 10-23-14.jpg
    Cornerstone Cues 10-23-14.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 201
  • EP Butt Sleeve.jpg
    EP Butt Sleeve.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Fancy Butt Sleeve.jpg
    Fancy Butt Sleeve.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 195
  • EP Sharp Points.jpg
    EP Sharp Points.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 196
  • Sharp Points.jpg
    Sharp Points.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 198

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure I'll get my head bit off for this one...

Black Boar butt (I absolutely love their look) with a Tony matched set of 314-2 shafts for it, without the logo. 60" total length, even split.

Perfect look, and perfect play. For ME:)

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Playability wise, I've hit with hundreds of cues over the last thirty years or so, and I've never found one that felt better to me than my Paul Mottey cue.

I think this is subjective though, because I think different players can favor different cues.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playability wise after owing every cue on the planet over years and wanting more is king of cues black boar! Took me long time for me try one and when you do will be sold! Boars play! AS WELL VERY LIMITED IN HIS BUILDS!

Last edited:

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrapless black boar

Black Boar no question Ultra fancy with all the inlays Tony could handle. Wrapless. I think i just wet myself thinking about it lol

Does Tony actually make wrapless black boar ?
Always have been a BB admirer but i can only play wrapless cue.

If he does, can anyone post pictures ?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry Vigas or South West

or perhaps a combination of the two
one of Larry's full splice butterfly cues completed by
Laurie Franklin ,Mickey and Al

oops,the cat is outta the bag

ridinda9

AKA: Sandy Bagger
Silver Member
what I can afford and what I will pay are two completely different things

Many times in life, I've gone off the deep end and PAID way more than I could AFFORD!

But my daily player?
Didn't cost me anything!
WAY back in 1984, my sister (love her to pieces!) had John Robinson build me a custom cue as her Christmas present to me.
She paid in the low four figures for it. (1984 dollars, remember?)
It's one of the best playing cues I've ever picked up.
In 30 years, it's been refinished/rewrapped twice, and had one shaft (has two) replaced, all by John.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
ive hit with most famous cue makers and some average cue makers, balabushka, SW,Rat, Klapp, Nitti, kersenbrock, Scruggs, Searing, herceck, prather, samsara, RJH, tascarella and a few others I can't remember. the only two cue makers I would really like and will never afford is an old kersenbrock with a yellow micarta ferrule and a tim scruggs. other than that, I owned a rat cue and sold it for no reason other than try different things, so i bought another bc i like them for everyday players. seriously underrated playing cues for the right price. Schon is an everyday cue with a predaotr shaft. those are it

if i need to choose only one, scruggs butt with an old kersenbrock shaft:) heaven in a pool cue.