A Little help with this one!

Estes Dave

Registered
Can anyone tell me anything about this cue it looks like 3 point wico blank it's a odd cue but is it worth getting the cue restored? I picked it up from a old friend in Florida and the wrap was gone.

Last edited:

Mr. Bass Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me anything about this cue it looks like 3 point wico blank it's a odd cue but is it worth getting the cue restored? I picked it up from a old friend in Florida and the wrap was gone.

Looks like a viking to me, possibly gandy

Estes Dave

Registered
And not his cue! Not sure about this one I love my playing cue and not sure how anyone let's it get like this.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
By the pic of the shafts it looks like your friend liked sandpaper.

The taper might be original....Viking could out-Meucci Meucci when it came to pro tapers.
...but they made some good cues....this one may've had a cork grip.
Viking made the best cork wrap I ever seen.

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is a very attractive old school cue, a great combination of points and plastic swirl and woods.

The question is, how much would it cost to refinish the butt and two shafts, how well will it play afterward, and would you pay that much for a brand new cue with the same looks and qualities?

If you would buy a similar new cue for the price to refinish this one, then I would say refinish it, and enjoy the jealous looks from your fellow pool enthusiasts when you crank your handsome old school monster together and start hitting balls.

So maybe you get upside down on the dollar value, who's keeping score?

Gen an evaluation and price from a top-tier refinisher, and let his evaluation be your guide, not us guys on AZB who have no money on the line.

Last edited:

onefastmfn71

21 oz ebony....old school
Silver Member
Gandy

It is a Gandy. I have the same cue with a different wood combo. Mine is new and still has the Gandy sticker on the butt cap.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How cool to find a member with the exact same cue, but new.

All you guys with cues that have the plastic swirl rings and segments - do they crack, craze, haze or scratch?

Can you tell a different hit compared to a similar cue without those swirl sections, especially the ones before and after the steel joint?

I've never shot with a cue that had the swirl rings and sections so I am curious about them.

I think on some cues from an older era the plastic swirl, especially in white, makes for a good look.