Uncovering the Perfection of Pocket Billiards - the Ultimate Self Expression

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know the game of pool is perfect, I just have to uncover the perfection....this is what happened many years ago that put me on an amazing path to reach my full potential and allow the perfection of the game to play through me at a level I never dreamed possible.

I was hanging out at my pool room "CJ's" behind the bar of all places....didn't spend a lot of time back there, but this day was the exception. An older man came in, sat down and ordered a soda...I knew how to "mix" that one so I got it for him and served.

The man said "you are the professional pool player CJ aren't you?"....I replied "yes, that's me, unless I owe you money - LoL"....he laughed, took a drink and said, "no, you don't owe me money, but I would like to ask you a question that may result in some."

I suddenly felt him get serous and wondered what this older man was up to -
"sure, you can ask me whatever you want" I said, leaning against the cooler.....the man pointed at the pool table and ask "what are you trying to achieve playing that Game?"....
I hesitated, thought and replied "I'm trying to be the best player I can be, maybe even the best in the world, at least for a time-being".

The man place his napkin between us, looked into my eyes and said firmly -
"you know this Game you play is already perfect....it's up to you to uncover it" and immediately turned over the napkin and looked under it.....

"Do You Understand" he said firmly again "The Game is already perfect, it's just up to you to uncover that Perfection", again he lifted up the napkin, looked under it and then quickly back into my now de-focused stare.

His eyes by now felt like they were probing my very soul and I shifted a bit, suddenly feeling more clear, answered "I think I understand.....it's not me that has to be perfect, it's the game, so I don't need to try to be perfect, I just need to Uncover the Perfection that's already been placed there...in the Game.....by...uhhhh".

He smiled at my hesitation and finished "by the Breath of the Universe or The Breath of God, right now that's not as important as you having Faith that it's true!

This was one of those occasions that influenced me so much I find myself wondering if this old man was really an old man.....or.....angel....no, that would be silly now wouldn't it?.....hmmm, I still can't help but wonder...?"

Have you had an experience like this in your pool life, where the right person, at the right time, in the right situation gave you advice that changed your life?

'The Game is the Teacher'
www.masteringpocketbilliards.com

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I think the man was absolutely correct; almost any game invented can be played to perfection 100% of the the time, just NOT by humans- that is where the challenge lies- robots could theoretically perform tasks to perfection; but even then, programming a robot to play a game to perfection would require someone to program the robot to perfection for every situation possible within a game- not possible for humans to achieve that level of perfection in programming. Only the most basic functions can be perfected 100% of the time robotically.

Just think of the stock market, if you could program perfect investing strategy into a robotic automated formula, we would all be rich! The limits of human mental and physical capacities create the "challenge" we accept to try and be as perfect as possible.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
PRESTO it happened.....I become a Pool Playing Machine

Well, I think the man was absolutely correct; almost any game invented can be played to perfection 100% of the the time, just NOT by humans- that is where the challenge lies- robots could theoretically perform tasks to perfection; but even then, programming a robot to play a game to perfection would require someone to program the robot to perfection for every situation possible within a game- not possible for humans to achieve that level of perfection in programming. Only the most basic functions can be perfected 100% of the time robotically.

Just think of the stock market, if you could program perfect investing strategy into a robotic automated formula, we would all be rich! The limits of human mental and physical capacities create the "challenge" we accept to try and be as perfect as possible.

That's true humans are limited, however, we also have the ability to find ways to do things as well as possible. This is mental ultimately, but the vital keys are always physical.

Pocket Billiards is a perfect scientific experiment for physics and geometry. To become a master of the game it's necessary to do do tens of thousands of scientific experiments to program the subconscious to bring out that perfection.

The human body wasn't designed to play pool, that's why so few people reach a high level of performance. There are some ways to turn that around and suddenly your body is made to play pool. The key to this is setting your hips, shoulders, legs and head in the ideal position ABOVE the shot, and the key to this is feet placement.

I learned how to do this in Toronto Canada at my first professional tournament. Even though I finished 4th with wins against Efren, Earl, Rempe and Lebon I knew they were doing something better than me. After I took a lesson with a man that knew the secret I was excited and practiced what he showed me diligently for 2 weeks and PRESTO it happened.....I become a Pool Playing Machine and finished no lower than 9th in 15 professional tournaments in a row which put me consistently in the top 5 in the world.

The Game is the Teacher