Lagging with cue ball?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I was told that you should not lag with the cue ball. But I have researched it and apparently the cue ball is the same size and weight as the other balls. Why is this if that is the case? Maybe certain tables it is different weight but on the tables I checked it is all the same weight.

Thanks

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
So I was told that you should not lag with the cue ball. But I have researched it and apparently the cue ball is the same size and weight as the other balls. Why is this if that is the case? Maybe certain tables it is different weight but on the tables I checked it is all the same weight.

Thanks

its a favortism thing, it doesn't like the abuse or getting chalked up.

but thats if you believe the cue ball is alive.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

Thanks

A new cueball may be the same size and weight as the other balls, but I suspect that after a certain amount of use it is not.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks
Whoever told you that I would avoid in the future

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two object balls are generally used for lagging. This is so one player does not have the cue ball, and the second player have an object ball. The player with the cue ball would be perceived to have the advantage, whether real or not, because of the familiarity with striking the cue ball. Its legit.

After lagging, the two object balls are generally cleaned on each player's t-shirt.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whoever told you that I would avoid in the future

Told me what? That the balls are the same size? Or that you should not lag with the cue ball.

Two object balls are generally used for lagging. This is so one player does not have the cue ball, and the second player have an object ball. The player with the cue ball would be perceived to have the advantage, whether real or not, because of the familiarity with striking the cue ball. Its legit.

After lagging, the two object balls are generally cleaned on each player's t-shirt.

Are you serious on the T-shirt thing? No one ever has done that so far in the leagues I have been in.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith Lag Balls. $200 for the pair.

I've often wondered why big tourneys don't have the extra cue balls. There should at least be a rule that forbids a chalked tip.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh Straightline, where could I get those lag balls, Pool Dawg doesn't carry them. I've been using those two Harley Davidson balls, the white cue and black eight. Both with the logo. And man you really look badass when you carry one in each front pocket. The ladies really stare.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Special order for discriminating professionals. They come in a specially designed carbon fiber case. Stylish lined leather carrying pouch by Gucci included.

justnum

Silver Member
Are jaimelion and justnum twins separated at birth???????????

i have half an hour before I start working. and today is going to be busy. so let me enjoy it ok

as a new user I jaime is ok

I cant come up with that humor

the equivalence of all balls on table had me going I was lurking badly

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Are you serious on the T-shirt thing? No one ever has done that so far in the leagues I have been in.

Whenever I manage to sewer or launch a CB off the table, if I'm the person retrieving it, I always wipe it down on my shirt before giving it to my opponent.

I rather have any debris it may have picked up on my shirt then on the ball/table, and I think it's just a polite thing to do.

Totally not judging those who don't. In fact I don't think I've seen anyone else ever do it...lol. Probably a carry over from my snooker days.

justnum

Silver Member
Whenever I manage to sewer or launch a CB off the table, if I'm the person retrieving it, I always wipe it down on my shirt before giving it to my opponent.

I rather have any debris it may have picked up on my shirt then on the ball/table, and I think it's just a polite thing to do.

Totally not judging those who don't. In fact I don't think I've seen anyone else ever do it...lol. Probably a carry over from my snooker days.

billiard balls dont attract dirt like food, that is why they roll so nicely, even though its on the floor its not carrying the dirt

smoothing the ball is just for luck, like wiping the bottom of sneakers during a basketball game

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
billiard balls dont attract dirt like food, that is why they roll so nicely, even though its on the floor its not carrying the dirt

smoothing the ball is just for luck, like wiping the bottom of sneakers during a basketball game

Wow... speachless