Conduct at a Tournament

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
what happens if someone damages a ball mid match.

In other sports tennis player assaulted a line caller.

What penalty should be issued for a player that breaks a cue or throws a cue ball (ie Shaw Strickland 14.1)?

Would any tour directors be ok with taking a knee whether breaking one or using one at the tv table? :confused:

Or sharing political statements at the event?

As a fan I felt I needed instructions, for how to act at the tour

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
From what I am reading pro sports prefer no spectators.

Do pool pros get heckled? Thats what I am really asking.

sometimes the players heckle each other

i cant tell if its like wrestling, is it a show?
I suggest that you go to five or ten tournaments and let us know what you find out. As far as your own behaviour at the tournaments, try to follow the lead of the other members in the audience. When in doubt, do nothing.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heckling is in the air anywhere people are involved. Is it ever ok to goose anyone's temper? Isn't that some kind of robbery? Further, the victim is always blamed. Until punching buttons becomes a criminal offense, those questions are moot.

terpdad

Registered
Why the need to dance right up to the line? What's wrong w/ sitting there, enjoying the event, & not being a-holes?

justnum

Silver Member
Why the need to dance right up to the line? What's wrong w/ sitting there, enjoying the event, & not being a-holes?

Thats why I avoid the finals match too much crowding.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I am reading pro sports prefer no spectators.

Do pool pros get heckled? Thats what I am really asking.

sometimes the players heckle each other

i cant tell if its like wrestling, is it a show?

I don't feel like I got my moneys worth at a tournament unless I get one of the players in the finals to throw something. I give myself extra points if it is the one winning.

justnum

Silver Member
Is this guy related to the jaime-lion cat???????? Same kinds of questions

book collectors comment rules this thread

so true at all sport levels, including parents that think they know what to say

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't feel like I've got my money's worth if I don't watch Earl spear a unruly spectator with his cue.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I don't feel like I've got my money's worth if I don't watch Earl spear a unruly spectator with his cue.

In 1985 Earl was playing Efren in the finals at the Reno Sands tournament. Efren broke and ran 3 then played an inescapable safety. He then ran 3 more and played the same safety. Earl started his histrionics. Someone suggested he break his cue and a short lived (and very respectful:wink:) chant broke out. “Break It! Break it!”.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Why can I see this so vividly in my minds eye??? I certainly mean no disrespect, he is a legend but it almost seems as if I have already seen a younger Earl accomplish this feat. :eek::eek::eek:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fastone, I know he's my favorite player. But the very thought is so larger than life, somehow it fits into the reality of pool with Earl.