Helena Thornfeldt RIP

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
BS.

Anthony Bourdain took his life as did Robin Williams and regrettably, many, many other folks. If it was suicide -- or whatever the reason -- it should not be swept under the rug as if someone died under unspeakable circumstances or disease. We're all in this together and and perhaps there is help for the next person suffering from the same issues if we pull back the curtain of "shame" which is in reality, more accurately, pain. Silence only makes the problem worse.

Lou Figueroa

So you suggest the rumor mill? You can keep that BS to yourself. Don’t even go there.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BS.

Anthony Bourdain took his life as did Robin Williams and regrettably, many, many other folks. If it was suicide -- or whatever the reason -- it should not be swept under the rug as if someone died under unspeakable circumstances or disease. We're all in this together and and perhaps there is help for the next person suffering from the same issues if we pull back the curtain of "shame" which is in reality, more accurately, pain. Silence only makes the problem worse.

Lou Figueroa

You have some points that are somewhat valid.

However, speculating and passing rumor mill gossip is not the way to go about things.

Not talking about it when facts etc have not been released by the family is not about shaming, its about respect and privacy.

If the family chooses to make any information public, then feel free to discuss it in a respectful manor. Until that time, best to just offer condolences and let that be it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you suggest the rumor mill? You can keep that BS to yourself. Don’t even go there.

No, I said -- whatever the reason.

But it appears that some are still living in the Dark Ages and certain causes of dead have a stigma to them. It used to be cancer. Then it was AIDS. Suicide. Drug overdose. The rumor mill will churn on on its own. It's a disservice an individual's memory to obscure the facts as it there were something shameful in how they died.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have some points that are somewhat valid.

However, speculating and passing rumor mill gossip is not the way to go about things.

Not talking about it when facts etc have not been released by the family is not about shaming, its about respect and privacy.

If the family chooses to make any information public, then feel free to discuss it in a respectful manor. Until that time, best to just offer condolences and let that be it.

I disagree and have stated my case.

Lou Figueroa

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I said -- whatever the reason.

But it appears that some are still living in the Dark Ages and certain causes of dead have a stigma to them. It used to be cancer. Then it was AIDS. Suicide. Drug overdose. The rumor mill will churn on on its own. It's a disservice an individual's memory to obscure the facts as it there were something shameful in how they died.

Lou Figueroa

I disagree and have stated my case.

Lou Figueroa

Yep, and now youre just being a douchebag, because you enjoy being a douchebag.

Thats your "case".

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy who calls you out for being a douchebag Lou. :thumbup:

Brilliant.

So let the rumor mill churn on... Act as if there were something shameful in Helena's death... Hide the facts... Now *that's* being a douchebag.

Lou Figueroa

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brilliant.

So let the rumor mill churn on... Act as if there were something shameful in Helena's death... Hide the facts... Now *that's* being a douchebag.

Lou Figueroa

Nothing about her death is shameful, no matter how it occurred.

Saying we should talk about someone’s death when no facts have been presented is the douchebag act that I am calling you out for. And if her family doesn’t want the details of her death out in public view, those are wishes of privacy that should be respected. Not discussed by a bunch of grown men who like to gossip like school girls.

There is nothing shameful about “cancer, aids, or suicide”, the shame comes in when you dont understand the basic decency of keeping you mouth shut when it’s time to keep your mouth shut.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
speaking of time and place

Nothing about her death is shameful, no matter how it occurred.

Saying we should talk about someone’s death when no facts have been presented is the douchebag act that I am calling you out for. And if her family doesn’t want the details of her death out in public view, those are wishes of privacy that should be respected. Not discussed by a bunch of grown men who like to gossip like school girls.

There is nothing shameful about “cancer, aids, or suicide”, the shame comes in when you dont understand the basic decency of keeping you mouth shut when it’s time to keep your mouth shut.

I find that I agree with both of you to a large extent. However, when speaking of not being the time or place, this thread isn't the place for a pissing contest.

Hu

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find that I agree with both of you to a large extent. However, when speaking of not being the time or place, this thread isn't the place for a pissing contest.

Hu

But but but he started it. :eek::grin:

You’re right 100% right Hu.

Lou, my apologies for my tone and words towards you.

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
EDITED: Cause of death is, in truth, none of our concern. What matters is we lost someone who was a good, honest, fun, funny, genuine person.

May she rest in peace and may those who were closest to her find some peace of their own.

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys,
Time to let it rest! Everyone who needed to know, I’m sure already knows.
Does anyone think AZ forum is a needed to know.
Now is the time to just cradle her life moments, and mourn her passing.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know why, but reading all this nonsense only makes me think of how much I loved the way she always greeted me, with a big smile plastered on her face and a big hug to go with it. I don't think I ever got a hello like that from anyone else in the WPBA, except maybe my good buddy Ming.

Helena was genuine. She never held back her feelings and she always made you feel special. I won't ever forget that or her. Thanks Helena for making my day so many times. :angel2:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'm not sure I've bumped a thread in my 16 years on this forum, but here goes. Hoping people will contribute to the GoFundMe referenced in post #58.