Hard Times Bellflower

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well if the truth about Covid - 19, ever comes out, people will be more upset to find out the lock down, or staying at home order, and other thing was not nessessary.

Lots of mom & pop business will never reopen, not just Pool rooms. Resturants, coffee shops, bakeries, beauty & barbar shops, and the list will get larger.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Bummer. Back in the day, Hardtimes had to be the single most greatest gathering of talent on a weekly basis for 2-3 years. So many memories, greatest for me was watching Efren play Amarillo IIRC 17-5 one pocket into the wee hours of the night.

Hard times indeed.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well if the truth about Covid - 19, ever comes out, people will be more upset to find out the lock down, or staying at home order, and other thing was not nessessary.

Lots of mom & pop business will never reopen, not just Pool rooms. Resturants, coffee shops, bakeries, beauty & barbar shops, and the list will get larger.
Thanks for the heads up CuckooCowboy. Do you know approximately when Fox News is going to release the truth?

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Bummer. Back in the day, Hardtimes had to be the single most greatest gathering of talent on a weekly basis for 2-3 years. So many memories, greatest for me was watching Efren play Amarillo IIRC 17-5 one pocket into the wee hours of the night.

Hard times indeed.

I remember some of the most memorable matches there too.
Efren against Matthews for large ones. Good thing is it was taped.
Saw Efren give Keith 9-7 plus the breaks .
Saw Richard beat Keith after Keith ran away with the first games.
Luat and Davenport race to 17 for large ones.
Efren giving Jerry Brunsetter the 5 ball and the breaks.

The IPT 8-ball qualifier was fun.

Lots of memories from this place.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have friends in the health industry as well as a few in the fire dept and a neighbor who died horribly and whose family who would happily see you put away as delusional. Science and chemistry can not be spun by conspiracy theorists.

Sorry all I had to respond. Wrong Forum. My bad--but really.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

91,000+ dead so far and that # will continue to rise. It could have been FAR worse without the measures taken. I don't understand your train of thought whatsoever.

troyboy30

Fish
Silver Member

Tin-Foil-Hat.jpg

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had an idiot here in Fla that called it a hoax every chance he got online FB etc. Took no precautions and then he and his wife came down with it. He got over it but his wife is not expected to live.

So now he is going around warning people that it is not a hoax. "Hey idiot, everyone but you and one dunce in Arizona knew that."

and the truth is they are getting closer and closer to saying it is transmittable just by breathing the same air as an infected individual. Right now they dont want people to panic-JMHO

Yesterday the CDC said that is is primarily transmitted 'person to person' and that the surface touch thing is barely a factor- You know where someone sneezes on a table and you run over and put your hand in it and then pick your nose?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc...asily-on-contaminated-surfaces-153317029.html

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had an idiot here in Fla that called it a hoax every chance he got online FB etc. Took no precautions and then he and his wife came down with it. He got over it but his wife is not expected to live.

So now he is going around warning people that it is not a hoax. "Hey idiot, everyone but you and one dunce in Arizona knew that."

and the truth is they are getting closer and closer to saying it is transmittable just by breathing the same air as an infected individual. Right now they dont want people to panic-JMHO

Yesterday the CDC said that is is primarily transmitted 'person to person' and that the surface touch thing is barely a factor- You know where someone sneezes on a table and you run over and put your hand in it and then pick your nose.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc...asily-on-contaminated-surfaces-153317029.html
I agree. The country has to re-open i get it but precautions will still be needed for some time to come. What worries me is the possible if not likely flare-up of covid come fall and people start going back indoors more. Hopefully knowing what we now know any uptick in cases won't be as bad as first go-around.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I recall talking to previous owner of Hard Times in Bellflower at Kolby's in Tempe. He was their for One Pocket Tournmen. Ken was name, nice guy, spoke honestly about problems of Pool Room Ownership, no Beer Sales, and it not being what I would discribe as a Gold Mine.

If was something that was not making him a lot of money after paying bills.

Maybe someone should start a Go Fund Me, to repopen, and try & save it if you love the place so much.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
And if there's one thing we know on AzB, it's that if Cuckoo Cowboy and Alex Jones say so, then all the scientists in the world must be wrong.

pj
chgo

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

And if there's one thing we know on AzB, it's that if Cuckoo Cowboy and Alex Jones say so, then all the scientists in the world must be wrong.

pj
chgo

PJ...was that really nessessary?...:)
..glad to see you posting