Book Finally Coming?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You almost had me, lmao.But then you picked the most outspoken opponents of CTE for the last 20 years to be on your side.
Ok, i have Dave Segal, tyler Styer, Brian Parks, Hunter Lombardo.

Reality though, we need a discussion forum where people that have bought the book, and are working on CTE, to ask questions and get answers from others that are experienced users. We won't have that here, but we will have it somewhere else.

PS has your team sent you a copy of the book review yet? It's mostly already written.

I intentionally included those names to make a point. None of those guys "hate CTE." That would be stupid. We merely agree that the system does not work THEY WAY IT IS ADVERTISED. It leads people to believe it is something unique and that there is no need to learn how to pocket balls through rote because CTE does the work for you (it puts you on the shot line).

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think he could give an honest opinion at this point. Hope i'm wrong. But we will never know unless he actually learns the system and i don't think he will.

You almost had me after the first three words, but then you finished the sentence. just kidding. Had to pay you back. :wink:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great list of players. None of them use GB, CPs, or fractions.,They all play with their strongest line of sight away from the shot line at ball address which means that they sweep into the shot lines. Perhaps not Mika.
Fedor Gorst had planned to learn more about this at DCC from Tyler but Fedor can’t attend because of age. He’ll catch up with Tyler later as they’re good friends. I will share the outcome when it happens.

Angry Prostate

Just because your dominant eye is not over the cue does not mean you are using CTE. I play like this because I find I have a straighter stroke that way. I use ghost ball, or rather, I just aim the ball wherever it just looks "right" to send the ball to the pocket. When I'm stroking well I don't miss. Maybe I'll change it up again down the road but for now this seems to work.

Mark Wilson recommends to put the chin over the cue, which, again, puts the strongest line of sight off to the side of the cue. Mark says, "So what" in essence. Pick an alignment that works and stick with it.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
But pros who became pros not using CTE are switching over to it with more gaining interest. They must know something beneficial about it that nonusers don't.
They aren't stupid.

Well, how many were introduced to it AND QUIT?
Barton was having a big O when Rodney beat the 13-ball ghost.
He kept claiming Rodney was using CTE because he was introduced to it.
He then maintained he still uses overlap.

If CTE really has an advantage, they'd all want to learn it.
Most of them discount it .
Why would they need to learn another aiming system when they have no problems pocketing balls ?
Breaking, cue ball control , kicking/safe game and mental game matter more to them than learning a new aiming system.
They already have the mind's eye when aiming .
Tor Lowry proves this by lining balls without a stick even.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
If CTE really has an advantage, they'd all want to learn it.
Most of them discount it .
Why would they need to learn another aiming system when they have no problems pocketing balls ?
Breaking, cue ball control , kicking/safe game and mental game matter more to them than learning a new aiming system.
They already have the mind's eye when aiming .
Tor Lowry proves this by lining balls without a stick even.

All pros are not created equal with the same skill level for pocketing balls as well as other important facets of the game. It takes a lot and there's a big struggle to make it to the top and stay there. It's also tough to make enough money to live well with the way prize monies set up the way there are. Pool will never be golf.

You live in your own little world of make believe out in CA and no idea of how many are actually using it and coming for personal lessons to the main man.

If you do, name them. If you can't, it just shows.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
All pros are not created equal with the same skill level for pocketing balls as well as other important facets of the game. It takes a lot and there's a big struggle to make it to the top and stay there. It's also tough to make enough money to live well with the way prize monies set up the way there are. Pool will never be golf.

You live in your own little world of make believe out in CA and no idea of how many are actually using it and coming for personal lessons to the main man.

Oh wow. Land of make believe California.
Does Arizona count too? Scotty Frost is there and has strong opinion on CTE.
How about Corey ?
You still live in the aiming system fantasy world dave.
Many moons ago, these houligans argued it's a simple system.
Great. Countless videos laters, most still don't get it.
So, you have to wait for another book.

How many pro names have been name dropped already?
So Allison Fisher and John Schmidt wanna take aiming lessons now?
Really? Go ahead, predict it outright that they are going to use CTE.
Shuff endorses it . Does he really use it ?

I predict those Taiwanese players will still be better that all CTE pros.
This year and the next decade .

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You answer what I asked first.

The new Ground Zero for pool is in Kentucky whether you believe it or not or like it or not.

And yes, some of the big name lady pros have also come for lessons with excellent success.

You aren't privy to any of it and never will be. Believe all you want to believe and scream to the top of your lungs whatever you wish. You're out of the loop, out of the picture and nobody cares about your ramblings. It's all very old and very boring repeats. ZZZzzzzzz, ZZZzzzzz, ZZZzzzzz

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
More nameless hype from the man who claimed busti uses CTE.

No names or info coming out of your end first. Why don't you spend more time at something you're more qualified for. Go make some cues and practice that.

One would think after all these years you might be able to learn how to do simple inlays, let alone complex ones, but you haven't. Go practice.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Great list of players. None of them use GB, CPs, or fractions.,They all play with their strongest line of sight away from the shot line at ball address which means that they sweep into the shot lines. Perhaps not Mika.
Fedor Gorst had planned to learn more about this at DCC from Tyler but Fedor can’t attend because of age. He’ll catch up with Tyler later as they’re good friends. I will share the outcome when it happens.

Angry Prostate
I think they do.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, for a second there I thought this post said "Book finally coming!!!" but then it was a ??? not a !!! so...oh well I guess, two more years and I am giving up on it.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More nameless hype from the man who claimed busti uses CTE.

I don't know either of you and while I have not introduced myself and have no plans to do so, I have to come down on common sense. CTE seems to be a Rube Goldberg approach to a simple problem. " Socket the cueball accurately."

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't know either of you and while I have not introduced myself and have no plans to do so, I have to come down on common sense. CTE seems to be a Rube Goldberg approach to a simple problem. " Socket the cueball accurately."

That would apply to every aiming system out there. The question then is which method is the most accurate? To me it depends on how trained the eyes, brain, and body are for an individual player and how advanced they are in pool.

Ghost ball could just be it and they never need to experiment or change. How far will it take them? Who knows, that depends on a whole bunch of other factors.

Your Rube Goldberg approach toward CTE is right on. That's what it does.

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would apply to every aiming system out there. The question then is which method is the most accurate? To me it depends on how trained the eyes, brain, and body are for an individual player and how advanced they are in pool.

Ghost ball could just be it and they never need to experiment or change. How far will it take them? Who knows, that depends on a whole bunch of other factors.

Your Rube Goldberg approach toward CTE is right on. That's what it does.

Ghost ball is a simple estimation trick. It doesn't yield THE shot. Rather something close - mMMaybe. CTE is a college course of estimation tricks.

Contact systems provide shot alignment as well as cue placement. I can't think of anything as accurate that's simpler than that; no Goldberg there. And don't forget the KISS rule...

I think the one advantage to CTE is it generates a continuous supply of marketable facts. It may even lend an intellectual aspect to pool education. Still, champions as well as the common man, dog it. Do CTE pros just want to automate the going off process?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Ghost ball is a simple estimation trick. It doesn't yield THE shot. Rather something close - mMMaybe. CTE is a college course of estimation tricks.

Contact systems provide shot alignment as well as cue placement. I can't think of anything as accurate that's simpler than that; no Goldberg there. And don't forget the KISS rule...

The problem with shot alignment by way of contact points or fractions is you're trying to exactly link two minute parts on both the OB and CB which are located and viewed at the fat areas of both balls with about 2mm between each contact point or fraction. A visual mistake on either ball or both results in a missed shot. It's like trying to thread a needle which can be difficult to do. It has to be exact. Actually, threading a needle is easier than successfully linking up an equal and opposite contact point or fraction on two different balls especially with more distance involved between them.

I think the one advantage to CTE is it generates a continuous supply of marketable facts. It may even lend an intellectual aspect to pool education. Still, champions as well as the common man, dog it. Do CTE pros just want to automate the going off process?

A lot of members here on the forum preach PSR, PSR, PSR. But nobody really explains what their PSR is or how to get there.

Some don't use the same PSR at all or have one. Each shot is a new shot with no uniformity and exactness from one to another. But when they do, it starts out with getting a general picture of the pocket, OB, CB and guess at the angle created from the three. Some even have a mini computer telling them its 47 degrees, 64 degrees, 23.5 degrees or whatever. Then the official PSR begins with feet, body alignment, head, distance from CB, etc.

Or it might be body alignment, then feet, head, etc. Or it could just be fallen into with no discipline and no PSR. Basically what "comes natural".

At this point when down on the shot, the aiming process officially starts either with ball to ball contact points lining up - fractions lining up - the tip and the shaft of the cue pointed at something specific - and then a lot of fidgeting and head/eye adjustments to get homed into what looks right by feel or what just now looks correct. The feet and body usually get adjusted again while the scanning is going on.

The big difference with CTE is the aiming and alignment process is very focused as the FIRST part of the process and you're only looking at three parts of the OB - A, B, C and the edge of the CB while standing to line up the shot. Once your body is positioned based on the visual perception you just drop down into the stance with the feet the rest of the torso and head. There's no scanning back and forth and no adjustments. As has always been said, "THE EYES LEAD AND THE BODY FOLLOWS." This is the PSR for CTE. The exact opposite steps for other PSR and aiming sequences.

CTE is a natural visual process that results in one’s head/eyes being positioned in the perfect place in space for seeing the shot line. It’s a precision see and align process. The process takes care of any PSR routine. CTE is the PSR routine.

Last edited:

duckie

GregH
Silver Member

There is nothing factual about CTE. All marketing is hype and contains no facts.

The accuracy of any method is in the user......not the system. Ghost ball is the one method that works on all shots.......ALL SHOTS!!!!!!!

Contacts points only work when you hit the OB you want to pocket directly with the CB.

Kick shots, simple rail first shots, caroms.

Cue stick placement is determined only by what you need to do with the CB and shot layout.

Ever do a behind the back shot?

Ever shot one handed?

Ever use a bridge?

Ghostball does yield the shot......you just don’t know how to use it to do so.