Broken tennon

PolarBear

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was this Swan character's high run?

Oh wait, you are calling me out for claiming that Thomas Edison invented the light bub! Great Stuff.

Welcome to AZ.

Thanks

Kevin

I think his was about 50 balls higher than Edison's. :) All a patent is good for is showing everyone how you did it, then they change it a little and sell the crap out of it. Some make it a little better, but most don't. Unless you have millions of dollars and many years to fight the battle in court, all is lost.. I'm pretty sure predator has the money and time to fight though. Many things are copied, or at least claimed to be. I recall richard black being stripped of his 93 Cue Expo award for best in show.. Thank you for the kind welcome.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I think his was about 50 balls higher than Edison's. :) All a patent is good for is showing everyone how you did it, then they change it a little and sell the crap out of it. Some make it a little better, but most don't. Unless you have millions of dollars and many years to fight the battle in court, all is lost.. I'm pretty sure predator has the money and time to fight though. Many things are copied, or at least claimed to be. I recall richard black being stripped of his 93 Cue Expo award for best in show.. Thank you for the kind welcome.

Oooooh. I don't know the R Black story and would love to hear it.

Kevin

PolarBear

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may not be true, just remember hearing it back in the day. I'll see if i can find out if its true or was hearsay.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
It may not be true, just remember hearing it back in the day. I'll see if i can find out if its true or was hearsay.

In that case, so far I'm with Hungarian on this one (pending further information).

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:

ZekeCv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol...how off topic a forum can become in 10 post's. None the less, I would like to hear about richard black In 93'.

But as far as thr patent, he did what many builders are doing to lessen weight. Tapping, this one was under 2" if I recall. Pred I think tapps down as far as possible without compromising the structure. Also this shaft, beyond being tapped at the joint for an insert, it is also bored down/up the shaft like 5" I think.

I want to hear the r black story and also

Axio. I told my friend last night that we didnt have to send our shafts out and be would like one in return as well. I'm not positive on specs yet but I'll get them this week. But the pics will be up tonight, in the mean time, you can start on my Uni Loc joint one. I posted and pm'ed you specs of that shaft already.

ZekeCv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
finally got some more pics from my phone to my email to my computer which finally turned on after i replaced the mother board with a throw away mb in my bin..

more to come I have 15 total and Andi, I hope this suffices your needs to see your insignia on the shaft at the same time seeing it broken, it was difficult to get the signature and the tip of the shaft in focus at the same time..

Attachments

• anwar1.jpg
    anwar1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 293
  • anwar2.jpg
    anwar2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 287
  • anwar3.jpg
    anwar3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 278
  • anwar4.jpg
    anwar4.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 280
  • anwar5.jpg
    anwar5.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 287

ZekeCv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5 more on this one, one more post after this one

Attachments

• anwar6.jpg
    anwar6.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 286
  • anwar7.jpg
    anwar7.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 286
  • anwar8.jpg
    anwar8.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 278
  • anwar9.jpg
    anwar9.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 283
  • anwar10.jpg
    anwar10.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 279

ZekeCv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
last post,, andi please respond and let me know when they will be coming out, You already have the specs for the uniloc jointed shaft, I am waiting on rob to give me his specs. thanks

Attachments

• anwar11.jpg
    anwar11.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 286
  • anwar12.jpg
    anwar12.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 276
  • anwar13.jpg
    anwar13.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 282
  • anwar14.jpg
    anwar14.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 281

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Thank you for the pics...please send me your friend's spec as well I will make it up to you....I am sorry I was not be able to inform asap, because i have some business to take care off...

This thread has lots of good information for me thank you for all of your inputs...it seems that my construction of the shaft is not strong enough in the ferrule area...but it has no problem with my standard 12.75mm diameter shafts...

O yes the fraud matters...hhhmmm let the judge do the judging about this matter...because all I am saying is anwar shaft is 90 percent different from the preds and the obs...even the basic materials are different....size and depth difference are very significant....come on, the preds and the obs and other well named companies are much advance in their technology...as I am just a simple wood worker in a small workshop in my country. There is nothing to compare between us.

ZekeCv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am kind of put off that the fact that he corks or taps his shaft is infringement. Ob does it McDermott does it John baroni does it (you tube) and pred does it. I would think that it is the full lamination and ferrule design along with how far it is tapped and what they put in that hole. I don't think it's just thr hole. I agree with axio and many others here that it is nuts that I could get sued by turning down a piece of wood putting a joint in it and drilling the other end a bit to lighten it up and slap a ferrule on it. Idk seems far fetched.
But as far as my shaft goes,axio, if you think 12 is too thin make it at 12.25 and tap it with a .250 drill bit instead of .2900 inches which is the measurement I just got off my vernier caliper. Just go a bit smaller and some deeper and if you could do 12mm then that would be great. Here are my specs again just incase and I will have the others tonight. Thanks again

Joint-Uni Loc
Collar-black solid no ring
Diameter tip-12.00-12.20mm or .4765 inches
Diameter at joint-0.8375''/21.27mm.
Length-30"-31"
Tip-layered soft.

Thank you for the pics...please send me your friend's spec as well I will make it up to you....I am sorry I was not be able to inform asap, because i have some business to take care off...

This thread has lots of good information for me thank you for all of your inputs...it seems that my construction of the shaft is not strong enough in the ferrule area...but it has no problem with my standard 12.75mm diameter shafts...

O yes the fraud matters...hhhmmm let the judge do the judging about this matter...because all I am saying is anwar shaft is 90 percent different from the preds and the obs...even the basic materials are different....size and depth difference are very significant....come on, the preds and the obs and other well named companies are much advance in their technology...as I am just a simple wood worker in a small workshop in my country. There is nothing to compare between us.

Marshall206

Registered
Just ordered an anwar shaft today, I am excited to try it out and I believe axio does good work and is working hard to make people happy. To me it looks like the 12mm is just too thin so the structure is compromised. at 12.75 i think it will be a great shaft.

my favorite combo is an old 314 (slightly more deflection than newer shafts) and then a tip so low that its just a barrier to protect the ferrule which makes up for the more deflection, making it solid and very low deflection.

i will try out the anwar with a tall tip and work my way down

I dont think axio is doing anything wrong and I do believe a better shaft is still out there to be invented and OB/pred do not have it all figured out yet.... someone can make a solid LD shaft with "feel", even though feel comes from end mass. right now my old 314 with a very low tip is as close as I have found.

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
I am kind of put off that the fact that he corks or taps his shaft is infringement. Ob does it McDermott does it John baroni does it (you tube) and pred does it. I would think that it is the full lamination and ferrule design along with how far it is tapped and what they put in that hole. I don't think it's just thr hole. I agree with axio and many others here that it is nuts that I could get sued by turning down a piece of wood putting a joint in it and drilling the other end a bit to lighten it up and slap a ferrule on it. Idk seems far fetched.
But as far as my shaft goes,axio, if you think 12 is too thin make it at 12.25 and tap it with a .250 drill bit instead of .2900 inches which is the measurement I just got off my vernier caliper. Just go a bit smaller and some deeper and if you could do 12mm then that would be great. Here are my specs again just incase and I will have the others tonight. Thanks again

Joint-Uni Loc
Collar-black solid no ring
Diameter tip-12.00-12.20mm or .4765 inches
Diameter at joint-0.8375''/21.27mm.
Length-30"-31"
Tip-layered soft.

Got them bro...thank you for all the supports...I really need feedbacks and personal experiences to improve on anwar LD shafts.

Just ordered an anwar shaft today, I am excited to try it out and I believe axio does good work and is working hard to make people happy. To me it looks like the 12mm is just too thin so the structure is compromised. at 12.75 i think it will be a great shaft.

my favorite combo is an old 314 (slightly more deflection than newer shafts) and then a tip so low that its just a barrier to protect the ferrule which makes up for the more deflection, making it solid and very low deflection.

i will try out the anwar with a tall tip and work my way down

I dont think axio is doing anything wrong and I do believe a better shaft is still out there to be invented and OB/pred do not have it all figured out yet.... someone can make a solid LD shaft with "feel", even though feel comes from end mass. right now my old 314 with a very low tip is as close as I have found.

I am processing order Sir Marshall, I will get to it ASAP.
Thank you for your support as well, I will do my best...