Predator Revo shaft

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
REVO shaft thread conversion

Still waiting to see good detailed pictures of the REVO shaft after the conversion was done . . .

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
REVO Shaft conversion pictures

Well, IF the conversion went as well as you indicated let me be the first to congratulate you . . . but since "we" still have not seen detailed pictures of the finished job perhaps it didn't really go as well as you indicated - hope I am wrong for your customers sake !!

pictures ??

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, IF the conversion went as well as you indicated let me be the first to congratulate you . . . but since "we" still have not seen detailed pictures of the finished job perhaps it didn't really go as well as you indicated - hope I am wrong for your customers sake !!

pictures ??

I am sending picture to selected individuals. They may decide to comment on them.
PFD is not one of them as I do not enjoy people questioning my ethics.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pictures ??

After seeing the pictures, it looks about perfect. If nobody told you, I think you would assume it came straight from Predator.

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

MASE, it is not a matter of "ethics" - you are the one making the claims . . . lets be very clear on this - asking for you to post pictures is nothing but pure inquiry . . . your suggesting that I question your ethics is totally misguided - where did that come from ?

When an individual makes a particular claim and then proceeds to tell everyone how well they did it begs the question - "lets see it ". . . and as I said previously IF you did a great job I will be the first to say so - PERIOD. But apparently that is not good enough for you . . . since you are sending pictures only to a select few - what gives ?? Why keep your success a secret ?? I am sure that there are many who would love to sing you praise given the chance.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
MASE, it is not a matter of "ethics" - you are the one making the claims . . . lets be very clear on this - asking for you to post pictures is nothing but pure inquiry . . . your suggesting that I question your ethics is totally misguided - where did that come from ?

pfd studios, (hmmm, got more than one?)

Roy Mason is a class guy. He has ethics and integrity. I don't need to see pics to know that he did a 1st class job.
You've been negative to the man since he started this thread.

"an attempt to change the threads is not a very smart idea"

"It may surprise you to know that I do know a bit more about the REVO shaft construction than the average bear - ha."

"your total success is doubtful."

"perhaps it didn't really go as well as you indicated - hope I am wrong for your customers sake !!"

Dude, get over yourself. There are people in this world that can do things that you haven't even dreamt of yet.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pfd studios, (hmmm, got more than one?)

Roy Mason is a class guy. He has ethics and integrity. I don't need to see pics to know that he did a 1st class job.
You've been negative to the man since he started this thread.

"an attempt to change the threads is not a very smart idea"

"It may surprise you to know that I do know a bit more about the REVO shaft construction than the average bear - ha."

"your total success is doubtful."

"perhaps it didn't really go as well as you indicated - hope I am wrong for your customers sake !!"

Dude, get over yourself. There are people in this world that can do things that you haven't even dreamt of yet.

I've been watching this thread for several reasons, not least that I have an interest in acquiring a Revo shaft when they eventually become available.

Regarding Mr. Drexler/PFD Studios, he/they have an impressive body of work with more accomplishments in the field of cuemaking than can be outlined in this thread.

The most simple research will reveal numerous dreams that PFD Studios have brought to life and the fact that they do it repeatedly on a regular basis.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I've been watching this thread for several reasons, not least that I have an interest in acquiring a Revo shaft when they eventually become available.

Regarding Mr. Drexler/PFD Studios, he/they have an impressive body of work with more accomplishments in the field of cuemaking than can be outlined in this thread.

The most simple research will reveal numerous dreams that PFD Studios have brought to life and the fact that they do it repeatedly on a regular basis.

EVERYTHING you say about Mr. Drexler may be true but NONE of it permits the denigration
of a man's integrity or his abilities before even seeing the finished product.
I see it as willful and wanton speculation of another's failure.
Do any of Mr Drexler's accomplishments give him that right ?

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member

Paul has accomplished a lot of things in the cue building world, I have seen some amazing work of his. BUT his attitude here on the forum sometimes is like there's not enough bandwidth for his ego....AND it CERTAINLY does NOT give him the right to degrade someone else because they didn't follow his advice and then didn't provide him pictures when he demanded them. He has been, for lack of better words, in this thread, a dic$, plain and simple. Paul cannot deny he was a Dic$, his tone was very clear in posts #10, 21, 22.
I thank KJ for quoting Paul's posts, so if he tries to change them, it's too late. I have seen the pics of Roy's job and am confident that it was a Very successful modification. Kudos to Roy, for a job well done.
A P.S., sometimes I think some people act in a dic$ way simply because they either didn't think of it first.....or they thought they were the only smart people here....
Dave
(not the brightest bulb in this room)

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
EVERYTHING you say about Mr. Drexler may be true but NONE of it permits the denigration
of a man's integrity or his abilities before even seeing the finished product.
I see it as willful and wanton speculation of another's failure.
Do any of Mr Drexler's accomplishments give him that right ?

I am not an apologist for Paul Drexler; he can respond if he deems it necessary. The point of my post was only to respond to your comments about his experience for anyone not already familiar.

To go further on this tangent would be a distraction to the original subject of the thread, which is modifying a Revo shaft.

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, now "we" have managed to get even further from the real topic . . . my suggestions and skepticism on the likely outcome of MASE's endeavor is not and never was personal - please stop trying to make it so.

Simply posting pictures would have and will eliminate all the controversy but it seems like THAT is too much to ask. My going on record as saying that I will gladly applaud superior results seems to have been totally overlooked. So my asking for detailed pictures becomes a sticking point and gets turned into some question of "ethics" - really?!

Little wonder that others makers refuse to post here when a simple request goes unanswered only to have others pipe in and deflect the whole topic and try to turn it in to something personal . . . . is that what this forum is all about ?

How about "we" stay on topic !! It is not about MASE - me - ethics or anything else it is about demonstrating satisfactory results in converting the threads on a REVO shaft - just that simple !! SO how about it ??

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can't wait for the revo retaper thread.

I was in a room showing the REVO. I was asked if it can be tapered. As per Predator and Seyberts the answer is no. The person next to me looks at at says no problem he can handle it. REVO taper thread is on it's way. hehe.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in a room showing the REVO. I was asked if it can be tapered. As per Predator and Seyberts the answer is no. The person next to me looks at at says no problem he can handle it. REVO taper thread is on it's way. hehe.

In my shop the answer would also be no. It's going to happen by someone. No one likes to hear the word "no" when they want something. It's just a way of life.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think anyone crazy enough to attempt to retaper a carbon fibre/graphite shaft is in for a nasty surprise!
These shafts arent built the way regular shafts is.
They are molded in an autoclave with heat and preassure and comes out in their final form/taper.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member

pictures ??

Mr. Drexler, how would you interpret this statement if it was aimed at you? Would your feathers get ruffled? Damn Straight they would, you'ld be lying if you said otherwise. Doesn't it sound like someone (you) is accusing another (Roy) of lying or falsifying the results of their labor? You can try and say you made a simple request, but the above follow up right after you basically made a demand for pictures, says more about your 'simple request". You made it personal with Roy, no one else did, others just called you on it...that's all. You can spin it anyway you want so you sleep better.....BUT that quote shows it.
It's possible You may not have meant it to come out that way, but something tells me you did.
Enjoy and have a great week.
Dave

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In my shop the answer would also be no. It's going to happen by someone. No one likes to hear the word "no" when they want something. It's just a way of life.

Thanks for the reply. If the manufacture says no...it's no. I do not understand why anyone would tamper with such an expensive shaft....it they ruin it..then what?

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply. If the manufacture says no...it's no. I do not understand why anyone would tamper with such an expensive shaft....it they ruin it..then what?

Well Sir.
That's when the real fun begins. AZ has become a great place for one sided stories against Cue makers. :(

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to close this out, below are the comments from my customer. He is located in Dubai and had sent me 5 shafts to work on, with the Revo being one of them. I had pointed out my inquiry on AZ to him.

"The REVO is great. i have given it to the customer and he is Happy with it. Great Job. so if i have more inquiries I guess you can handle it with ease this time."