How do I insert a photo in a PM?

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
The title says it all.
I have received PMs with photo attachments but I can't for the life of me figure how to attach a photo to a PM I am sending.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't it the same as inserting a picture into a regular post? Just hit the icon that looks like a mountain and paste in the URL of where you are hosting the photo?

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Isn't it the same as inserting a picture into a regular post? Just hit the icon that looks like a mountain and paste in the URL of where you are hosting the photo?

My photos don't have a URL....lol they are saved on my computer.

I don't understand why the PM section does not have the simple "Manage Attachments" icon just like posting on a thread.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, just start a photobucket account, they make it super easy to be able to post photos to forums. You click on a button under the photo that you've put on their site and it gives you a URL link to the photo to use on this site.

I'm not sure if you can link directly to a file on your computer in a PM but maybe others will be more helpful regarding that.

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Oh, just start a photobucket account, they make it super easy to be able to post photos to forums. You click on a button under the photo that you've put on their site and it gives you a URL link to the photo to use on this site.

I'm not sure if you can link directly to a file on your computer in a PM but maybe others will be more helpful regarding that.

I have received PMs in the past that have photos in the PM.
I don't want to post a link in my PM I want to attach a photo so the photo just appears as part of the PM just like this photo does here.

Attachments

• post-84480-0-90079600-1362711358.jpg
    post-84480-0-90079600-1362711358.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 152

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Photobucket

you upload the photo to photobucket then you select how you want to link it. Copy and paste, very easy to do.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, I know what you are trying to do and using the method I described (clicking the mountain icon and using a Photobucket account) does show the actual picture in the thread or PM. I just don't think they offer the same "Manage attachments" ability in a PM.

I could be wrong though...