The draw cue arrived

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Scott tried the draw cue

he hit an object ball near the side pocket,the cue ball drew maybe 4 inches and proceed to look
like wykie coyote,spinning very fast in place on the new simona cloth

suddenly it took off back up table and back off the foot fail to the head rail

he did this 3 times

I personally have never seen such a thing

so Jack Potter is going to test the cue before i return it

if a good player comes to Dallas
please call
214 477 7323

no offense but i only want a high quality player to try it
The magic is a little weak if it takes skill to make it work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
a ball with less draw may rebound further then one with more draw.
In my test the OB's rebound distance depends only on the CB's speed at impact - the amount of draw on the CB doesn't affect it. That's how it can test your draw efficiency (the spin-to-speed ratio you can achieve - aka how low you can hit).

Whats with the virtual stuff
Quicker and easier than video, and lots of things are easier to demonstrate when you can optimize things like speed, spin and aim to show what you want.

you dont get off the couch anymore:grin-square:
:) I probably put that together at the pool hall while practicing - I do a lot of my posting here during practice breaks.

pj
chgo

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my test the OB's rebound distance depends only on the CB's speed at impact - the amount of draw on the CB doesn't affect it. That's how it can test your draw efficiency (the spin-to-speed ratio you can achieve - aka how low you can hit).

Quicker and easier than video, and lots of things are easier to demonstrate when you can optimize things like speed, spin and aim to show what you want.

:) I probably put that together at the pool hall while practicing - I do a lot of my posting here during practice breaks.

pj
chgo

Still problems with your model. I dont play the virtual game so I don't know how "real" the results are:confused:
I am not ridiculing the virtual game I just am not familiar with it.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I dont play the virtual game so I don't know how "real" the results are:confused:
Virtual Pool's physics are surprisingly accurate for the most part - I've done this test before on pool tables and the results shown here don't obviously defy reality, but they are probably about the best that could be achieved (because the simulation can easily be set to optimal tip offset, stroke speed, aim, etc.).

Anyway, in this case the pic is just to illustrate how the test is done and what the goal is. In real life with normal conditions it's pretty good to get the CB back to the near end rail without the OB rebounding all the way back there too.

pj
chgo

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
Still think to end the controversy on the cue... you need to let someone like
Dr-Dave-Billiards test the cue or someone like him... & it needs to go thru a
bunch of tests ON VIDEO to prove if it draws better then a normal cue...

Just my humble opinion... :)
By the way --- Happy Birthday Dean!!!

I agree. I'd like to see Dr. Dave put it through testing on high-speed video.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you just have to use common sense to realize that no special cue is going to do anything much greater than any other cue that looks similar.

just like no golf club is going to hit a ball twice as far or even much farther as another similar one.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you just have to use common sense to realize that no special cue is going to do anything much greater than any other cue that looks similar.

just like no golf club is going to hit a ball twice as far or even much farther as another similar one.

You need to play more with diff cues.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Aside from squirt, I think the only cue quality that physically matters is power transference, which simply allows slightly less stroke speed.

pj
chgo

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
interesting

Still problems with your model. I dont play the virtual game so I don't know how "real" the results are:confused:
I am not ridiculing the virtual game I just am not familiar with it.

The best virtual games have some value as practice equipment. I went through some pool books like Banking With the Beard and what worked on the virtual table took surprisingly little adjustments to work on a blue label Diamond. Great for working on pattern play too.

One thing, the virtual pool shows what you could do if you always had perfect aim(sorry gene) and a perfect stroke. Comparing the results on the computer and on the nine foot table was pretty embarrassing for me!:embarrassed2:

Hu

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are going to get somebody to really test it, get a pool player with a good stroke...not a "pool scientist".

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i still get better draw myself,as well as more power
with follow

i called and invited billy incardone to try it

i only left my number but he will certainly be able to
give a nice test,he knows pool