cue tip cover

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I spin my tip on the Carpet in the Pool Room, not GREEN Case. If I some place dirty I use a clean 4 X 4 piece of old TSHIRT.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Posted more thimes then I've run balls

Attachments

• P1010781.jpg
    P1010781.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 449

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spin my tip on the Carpet in the Pool Room, not GREEN Case. If I some place dirty I use a clean 4 X 4 piece of old TSHIRT.
The FLOOR??? How dare you??? ;) Just givin the guy an option. I've done the "rug spin" a million times myself. That's what vacuums are for, right?? ;)

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
should i cover the cue tip with something while it's in my case to avoid damage to it or just leave it as it is?

if you are Ralf Souqet the answer is absolutely positively yes.

if you are Efren Reyes, the answer is 'no, haven't needed them yet.' :grin-square:

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
seriously?

If it was my room and I saw you wiping your tip off on my carpet... After some colorful words, you would be politely asked to leave and asked not to return until you learn some manners. Surely you know this is not cool right?

Wieguns

Banger
Silver Member
If it was my room and I saw you wiping your tip off on my carpet... After some colorful words, you would be politely asked to leave and asked not to return until you learn some manners. Surely you know this is not cool right?

Agreed. I use a napkin because I don't want to be that guy.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
should i cover the cue tip with something while it's in my case to avoid damage to it or just leave it as it is?

You would cover it to keep the case dirty not to avoid damage. If your tip gets damaged while in a case it would never stand up to being used in a pool game.

In 30ish years of playing I don't think I have ever felt the need to find something to cover my tips, but I do wipe down the cue/shaft and sometimes tip before putting them away.

Probably depends on how anal you are with equipment. I've seen people carry around sleeves for their shafts that then get slid into the case. In my mind that's like those people that park their cars 100 fee away from others because their car is special and can't sit near the commoner cars.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I never thought about using them much because EVERY case I had ever bought up until last year always had a black interior.

I saw a friend's Instroke copy that had the bottom fall out of it and tried to fix it. While I was messing with it I couldn't believe how much chalk was built up at the bottom,so I thought about this and decided to go a different way.

I ordered my JB with a red interior,and while I was waiting for it I was in a discount store and got an idea to eliminate the chalk messing up the interior,without wiping them off on the rail cloth or the carpet when available.

I got a 4 pack of infant/toddler sized washcloths for 1.00. All it takes is a little spit and a quick wipe :wink:. The first cloth has lasted since I got the case. Tommy D.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I do the same thing.

I decided to not use those slip caps anymore after noticing how the leftover chalk residue, even after wiping it off, seemed to scuff the crap outta my ferrule.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think your response here is a little extreme, particularly as a business owner. Our pool room remains open only because of our food and beverage operation, largely made up of regulars that never play pool. Every day, there’s always someone who tracks in foot prints of dirt or worse on our carpet, even though we supply boot brushes and a hose with running water for them to clean off their boots before entering.

Instead of chasing off customers, I’ve accepted that this is just something we have to deal with, and we clean up after them as soon as we get a chance. We just can’t afford to chase off customers for minor infractions like this.

There is no reason for you not to nicely approach them, in private, and request to them that you prefer they didn’t continue doing whatever it is that really bothers you. As long as you deal with someone respectfully, you can get your point across without potentially losing customers.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Actually that at home, in the Recreation Center I and other residents own, Most Pool Bar the floors are too dirty to do this. Thus I mention clean cloth DOD you see T-shirt mentioned???

Colorful words wow, what next a trip to principals office, and detention. Plus D writing excercise, I will not spint tip on carpet 10,000 time on blackboard?:smile:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member

I wipe mine off between the rails and the table bed.
Now what?