Kudos to Pechauer and Seybert's

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a Pechauer JP-09N (now the JP-07Q). It's a great stick and my favorite over McDermott, Lucasi, or OB's I've owned and several others I've tried. I originally bought it because it was Pechauer's least expensive no-wrap cue but never particularly liked the gray pearl color scheme. However I do like the classic and simple points/matching sleeve inlays design, so I contacted Pechauer to see if they could make a custom version in a different color. I spoke to Jon and he was incredibly patient and helpful and agreed to make multiple modifications including the color of the points and inlays, the stain on the forearm, sleeve and wrap sections, and the joint and butt color all at a minimal upcharge, with a reasonable 4-6wk lead time. I placed the order with Seybert's, and they ordered it for me charging just the standard price of the stock cue. I've dealt with both these companies before and after this experience I don't see myself doing business with anyone else. I'll post photos of my new cue when it's delivered. Play well and have fun y'all!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I own a Pechauer JP-09N (now the JP-07Q). It's a great stick and my favorite over McDermott, Lucasi, or OB's I've owned and several others I've tried. I originally bought it because it was Pechauer's least expensive no-wrap cue but never particularly liked the gray pearl color scheme. However I do like the classic and simple points/matching sleeve inlays design, so I contacted Pechauer to see if they could make a custom version in a different color. I spoke to Jon and he was incredibly patient and helpful and agreed to make multiple modifications including the color of the points and inlays, the stain on the forearm, sleeve and wrap sections, and the joint and butt color all at a minimal upcharge, with a reasonable 4-6wk lead time. I placed the order with Seybert's, and they ordered it for me charging just the standard price of the stock cue. I've dealt with both these companies before and after this experience I don't see myself doing business with anyone else. I'll post photos of my new cue when it's delivered. Play well and have fun y'all!

glad to hear that you had such a good experience. They are two great companies, for sure.

Looking forward to seeing the end result. :cool:

best,
brian kc

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to seeing it. Please post some pics. I have never had a bad experience with Seybert's. Great group.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep... My choices:

Player - Schon LTD

Backup - Pechauer(old, not sure of model)

xtra shaft - My kid's call it the ugly stick cause when they were younger they decided to
decorate it with their feelings about their new teacher. Still functional, but
raises a lot of eyebrows whenever I break it out. I took 3 sets off a guy
once, and he accused me of 'sharking' him cause he couldn't concentrate
because of the 'purty' shaft.

All 312(2) shafts which fit both butts

Last edited:

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pic finally loaded!

Attachments

• IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I've bought many cues from Seybert's over the years. One particular cue I bought arrived and looked pretty good. I stored it in a case for the next 6 months without using it. When I finally took it to the pool hall, I noticed a slight wobble in the butt. They replaced it with no hassles at all.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Custom stained Pechauer cue, photos attached

I just received my custom stained cue and it's beautiful. I added the Pro+ shaft and will post a separate review after I play with it. I'm officially a Pechauer guy.

Attachments

• Cue1.jpg
    Cue1.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 351
  • cue2.jpg
    cue2.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 345
  • cue3.jpg
    cue3.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 353

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and don't forget that if you do want any kind of wrap, one of the best Instructors in the business happens to also do ALL of Seyberts wrap and cuework...Lance Cowles, Cuesports of Battle Creek MI. He posts here as Bossman69., or find him on FB.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Sent an email to Pechauer with a simple question regarding the weight bolt system.

It was answered in detail within 24 hours by some guy who's name matched the one on my cue.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've dealt with both companies as well.... can definitely vouch for Setlyberts and their customer service.

As far as Joe and the Pechauer team and family, I cant say anything negative, what other cue company provides so much support for so many juniors and events. And the fact that their cues are 100% made in house.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn't happy at first, but after a little family meeting, I had to smile. I remember some of the things I did at that age, and it is a conversation piece whenever someone sees it

That shaft is a treasure. :)